Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-22-2016, 09:35 AM   #43
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I see what you did there
True story.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #44
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Here in Eastern Massachusetts, it's not even close.

I see maybe one Camaro a week, and probably 20 Mustangs a day. I have no idea why that is.
Same where I live. The Mustang just kills the Camaro and the Challenger in terms of sheer numbers in my area. I would say Camaro's are the least popular of the 3 cars.

I saw my first 6th gen last weekend. It was a vert. There are a pile of 15 & 16 Mustangs around though. So I think the Mustang rules this market segment in my neck of the woods.

But that doesn't make me want one right now either. Although I do happen to like the Stangs redesign more than the Gen 6 in terms of appearance.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #45
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
But that doesn't make me want one right now either. Although I do happen to like the Stangs redesign more than the Gen 6 in terms of appearance.
Agreed, if it were a choice between the 2015+ Mustang GT & 2016+ Camaro SS, based strictly on appearance, it would be the Mustang hands down.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:12 AM   #46
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Agreed, if it were a choice between the 2015+ Mustang GT & 2016+ Camaro SS, based strictly on appearance, it would be the Mustang hands down.
I don't know... I probably will get blasted for this because I am a mustang owner too. I have one of the rare Chip Foose Stallion editions that I bought new and which I also had heavily modified through a Ford Racing dealer. So gotta love my Stang and will keep this one!! Problem is I needed a daily. I almost bought a 2015 Stang.... test drove several and checked out at several dealers. Performance - great. Cosmetics - interior seemed cheap with the chrome plastic and a few other things. Looking at the car lines, it looks fantastic. They just would not come off the price for what I was looking for... too popular is what they said.

Bottom line, I wound up buying a 2015 Camaro as my daily instead of another Mustang. Now having said that, I wanted just a daily as I said but have been kicking myself for not upgrading at least to the leather and nav. I am still debating trading it for a new Camaro when the '17s roll. Only downside is I wish it were easier to get out of the car in a tight parking spot. LOL Hmmm....lambo?

So for me, I think GM did good with the Camaro design when compared to the Mustang. The Camaro has more room on the inside and I do like the lines. I think the Mustang probably still has the one up on performance and handling versus the weight but we will see what happens with the ZL1.
MyLocalDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #47
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
I agree....last weekend my wife and I went out to dinner and past a closed dealership with a 2016 black SS out front. We both checked it out ....I parked my car right beside it. After looking at it I can honestly say it's nice.....by with my car sitting beside it....I like my car better. The 5th gen just looks tough....very musclecar looking with its broad stance. The 6th gen kinda looks like alot of other cars on the road. Sure it's quick....but I look at the total package....and I'm not as big of a fan of that car as I am of mine. Just my opinion.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:14 AM   #48
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I was going to pickup a Chally, but I just couldn't buy a car from a company that couldn't get their exhaust tips aligned correctly on ANY of their cars! I mean, REALLY????

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 11:29 AM   #49
chaell

Drives: ford
The new challenger looks great, I just don't know if the are as problem free as the 5th gen camaro has been.
chaell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:18 PM   #50
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
The Challenger is TOO plain-jane for me. Yes, they captured the essence of the original but maybe a bit too much, imo. A Hellcat might sway me but only on sheer performance, not looks.

Ut cuique sua, I suppose.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:23 PM   #51

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
The Challenger is TOO plain-jane for me. Yes, they captured the essence of the original but maybe a bit too much, imo. A Hellcat might sway me but only on sheer performance, not looks.

Ut cuique sua, I suppose.
Interesting about the plain-jane. From the OEM the Challenger has more appearance options, wheels, stripes, scoops, spoilers, that have old school flavor than either the Camaro or the Ford.
I think I see a trend here....
4510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #52
WeflyhereSS

Drives: 2012 Black on Black Camaro 2ss
For me it's the price the 6 is almost 50k fully loaded 2ss and you can get a 15 zl1 for that price plus after all the mods and money I sank into my car it's just not worth parting ways
Old 06-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #53
MSull16

Drives: '10 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Here in Eastern Massachusetts, it's not even close.

I see maybe one Camaro a week, and probably 20 Mustangs a day. I have no idea why that is.
I like it that way. Makes the Mustangs look mainstream and like "every one has one." That way when people see your Camaro its a bit more exciting/interesting.

I personally see maybe 10 Mustangs a day and 1 or 2 Camaros. However, I only see an SS like 1 time a week if that.
MSull16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 03:47 PM   #54
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
[QUOTE=PDXSSCE;9161866]It's precisely what it's supposed to look like & that's the beauty of it.

It's supposed to look like a cigar box with a brick on top? Or maybe the EXACT same engineers 'refreshed' the design.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 04:07 PM   #55
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Yes, Mustang is rice and the Challenger isnt better than a Camaro, performance or looks wise.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:36 AM   #56
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
It's supposed to look like a cigar box with a brick on top? Or maybe the EXACT same engineers 'refreshed' the design.
Posted again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
...It looks like it was a 1975 model, or what ever the next year would have been when the quit that style in the 70's
Quote:
It's precisely what it's supposed to look like & that's the beauty of it.