Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #57
fitguy913

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I just got off the phone with one of my buddies in our local Viper club. I guess multiple clubs have warned this guy against following them. Positive intentions aside, driving while filming with a smartphone is dangerous to other drivers. Someone should have bought the GoPro on Black Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS, Manual, Magnetic Ride Control (MRC), Dual Mode Exhaust (NPP), 6-Piston Brembo Brake Kit (5LQ), 5-Split Spoke, Low-Gloss Black Wheels (56F), No Sunroof, #1 Customer ProCharger Kit, GForce Engineering axles, GForce Engineering drive shaft
fitguy913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:56 PM   #58
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiocracy View Post
someone following and filming me (without my knowledge) is most likely gonna get a battery thrown at them!
Who's throwing the battery? Obviously it would not be you, because you wouldn't be aware that you were being filmed.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:43 PM   #59
JAyyD

Drives: Toyota corolla s
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
Who's throwing the battery? Obviously it would not be you, because you wouldn't be aware that you were being filmed.
JAyyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:04 PM   #60
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Should of let em check it out man.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 07:55 PM   #61
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Lol you just admitted you would do the same thing... the car would just have to be more exotic. So there is a exotic line that you have to cross in order to follow someone. Its the same thing. New/rare car followed with video taken. Same exact principle. He just happens to think of the 2016 camaro as exotic. I get it if someone was following him all the way home from work to his door but he said the guy left as soon as he turned into his neighborhood and was following him from a car meetup. Common sense. Not to mention the guy was in a nice car as well. So obviously a car enthusiast.
When somebody is obviously following you without you inviting them to do so, it's time to stop giving benefit of the doubt and start thinking like a bad guy. Video guy having left the same C&C lot as OP has already put you off your guard (via your assumption of common interest, which is something not necessarily verified), and while turning away at the neighborhood entrance has further convinced you that it was all innocuous, it can just as easily be interpreted differently.

When you know more later, you can't take that knowledge back in time to when you were being followed and apply it to that moment.

Norm
Old 02-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #62
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
When somebody is obviously following you without you inviting them to do so, it's time to stop giving benefit of the doubt and start thinking like a bad guy. Video guy having left the same C&C lot as OP has already put you off your guard (via your assumption of common interest, which is something not necessarily verified), and while turning away at the neighborhood entrance has further convinced you that it was all innocuous, it can just as easily be interpreted differently.

When you know more later, you can't take that knowledge back in time to when you were being followed and apply it to that moment.

Norm
I get it. Glass half empty.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 08:45 PM   #63
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by c5Legend View Post
Should of let em check it out man.
Or take it a step further. Roll down the window and say "Hey baby, there's room in here for two. The back seats are a little cramped, but I think we can make it work."

The guy would probably leave him alone for the rest of his life.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #64
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiocracy View Post
someone following and filming me (without my knowledge) is most likely gonna get a battery thrown at them!
It's all lemon meringue pies these days. Batteries are so toxic to the environment. But with lemon meringue, if they use their windshield wipers, and go fast enough, it can come back into the car. MMMm yummy lemon meringue.

Chiffon will do in a pinch though, but usually bounces off. But not apple or blueberry. That'd be a travesty.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 07:32 AM   #65
fitguy913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

Norm

Yep! Criminals tend to follow the money. Want to find a house to case and eventually rob (possible home invasion risk)? Following the dude home from a car meet wouldn't be a terrible idea. Not to mention we also own a 2013 Lexus GS350 and a 2015 Lexus IS350. I don't know what this dude wants to do. He didn't just follow me for a little bit, he did a u-turn in order to follow me 7.4 miles in his POS Subaru. Weird.

Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS, Manual, Magnetic Ride Control (MRC), Dual Mode Exhaust (NPP), 6-Piston Brembo Brake Kit (5LQ), 5-Split Spoke, Low-Gloss Black Wheels (56F), No Sunroof, #1 Customer ProCharger Kit, GForce Engineering axles, GForce Engineering drive shaft
Old 02-20-2016, 09:39 AM   #66
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
Or take it a step further. Roll down the window and say "Hey baby, there's room in here for two. The back seats are a little cramped, but I think we can make it work."

The guy would probably leave him alone for the rest of his life.
lol
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguy913 View Post
Yep! Criminals tend to follow the money. Want to find a house to case and eventually rob (possible home invasion risk)? Following the dude home from a car meet wouldn't be a terrible idea. Not to mention we also own a 2013 Lexus GS350 and a 2015 Lexus IS350. I don't know what this dude wants to do. He didn't just follow me for a little bit, he did a u-turn in order to follow me 7.4 miles in his POS Subaru. Weird.

I've got to say - I've been followed from places before. I want to say twice. Once from a general car show, and again from my workplace.

Being followed down a highway is one thing. Paranoia plays a roll.... But once the person starts following you down a neighborhood street. That's when you need to start being cautious, imo.

In my case, I never pulled onto my own street, or into my driveway until I lost the guy at a stoplight or something. In one case...I pulled into a store parking lot.

You've got to be careful today...people are crazy.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:15 PM   #68
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I've got to say - I've been followed from places before. I want to say twice. Once from a general car show, and again from my workplace.

Being followed down a highway is one thing. Paranoia plays a roll.... But once the person starts following you down a neighborhood street. That's when you need to start being cautious, imo.

In my case, I never pulled onto my own street, or into my driveway until I lost the guy at a stoplight or something. In one case...I pulled into a store parking lot.

You've got to be careful today...people are crazy.
...Correction..
3 Times...

I followed you at ...Gingerman Raceway....
...You were supposed to ....
....... wave me by....

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #69
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitguy913 View Post
in his POS Subaru.
Those in glass houses... something something.

While the guy could have been a creep, don't go blaming this guys car. It was only doing what was told. Subarus these days are FAR from being POS'es. They are now solid, albeit pedestrian, cars (unless WRX/STi, they are not pedestrian). Unless you're of the 'mericuh! type... then yeah, all imports are POS (you know many of the Subarus sold in the US are made in Indiana, by US, right?)

I've grew up with them, and have had about 10 of them in my life, and they have come a VERY long way, and still climbing.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:25 PM   #70
fitguy913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
Those in glass houses... something something.

While the guy could have been a creep, don't go blaming this guys car. It was only doing what was told. Subarus these days are FAR from being POS'es. They are now solid, albeit pedestrian, cars (unless WRX/STi, they are not pedestrian). Unless you're of the 'mericuh! type... then yeah, all imports are POS (you know many of the Subarus sold in the US are made in Indiana, by US, right?)

I've grew up with them, and have had about 10 of them in my life, and they have come a VERY long way, and still climbing.

--kC

LOL - don't get mad - I said HIS Subaru was a POS! And I currently also own two Lexus' so I don't hate imports.

I like the WRX STI and the BRZ by the way.