Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 02-23-2023, 08:11 PM   #1
Jasonhunt82

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS 2SS
Exclamation 6l80 options for 780 HP - Need Help People!

Hey peeps so before I put my car away for the winter. I was hopping on the highway and stepped on the gas as I normally do and in between switching from 3rd to 4th interest revenue extremely high, and I had to manually shift it from then on out, thank God for the paddle shifters I was at least able to drive it back-and-forth to work for the last couple weeks before storing it, but obviously come spring time I need to get a replacement. So I’m now looking at options trying to figure out the cheapest option that will survive with the power I’m at which is around 780 I have the BTR supercharged cam and I’m procharged, I had the stock converter and trans.. so now I’m wondering what to do cheapest and easiest thing to get back up and running

I heard the 4l80e is rock solid but it’s a gong show to get it all swapped and who knows how cruise would be..

I know they make 6l80 upgrade kits so wondering if I should just buy one of them and get it installed in what I have now, but then what kit is good does anyone have any insight?

6l90 I see some people talking about going to it but what’s all involved in upgrading to it and so forth also.

Also as for gears what does everyone recommend for gears mine are still stock and was thinking of going a little higher but not sure how high with being boosted and having it as a daily driver in the sping thru fall..

Thanks everyone for your insight and knowledge as I’m honestly just confused with all the options and what way will last a while for me.
Jasonhunt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
jus1975

Drives: malibu maxx ss chevy ss
Following
jus1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 06:07 PM   #3
Dynamical

Drives: 2022 Camaro LT1 A10
update?
Dynamical is offline   Reply With Quote