Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-07-2016, 08:00 AM   #15
sprtplt

Drives: Corvette
You have a bad trans or torque converter. This issue is widely reported with the A8 trans in every vehicle owners forum. The C7 Corvette guys got this trans first in 2015 and the problems continue through the 2017's. Same with Silverado.

It absolutely is not simply in need of "an update" or "time to learn your driving style" or a "fast idle" issue.
sprtplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:32 AM   #16
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Do you have a Vitesse Throttle Controller installed? That will definitely cause the car to jump when put in reverse.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:36 AM   #17
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Do you have a Vitesse Throttle Controller installed? That will definitely cause the car to jump when put in reverse.
Yes he does and it's set at SP8 according to his signature.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 10:53 AM   #18
sub_ETCS_ret

This is just a recommendation:

Any time you start having issues the first question you should ask yourself is "What did I change?"

If the answer is anything other than "Nothing" then start removing those things from the equation.
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
Old 12-07-2016, 02:23 PM   #19
CamaroBruno

Drives: 16 Mosaic Black: 1LT; RS; NPP; Bose
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub_ETCS_ret View Post
This is just a recommendation:

Any time you start having issues the first question you should ask yourself is "What did I change?"

If the answer is anything other than "Nothing" then start removing those things from the equation.

I'll remove the Vitesse and see if that has an impact but my gut says it won't. This problem started months after I installed the Vitesse.
- Black Bowties, NPP "Fuse delete", Vitesse Throttle Controller
CamaroBruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #20
CamaroBruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
I'll remove the Vitesse and see if that has an impact but my gut says it won't. This problem started months after I installed the Vitesse.
Additionally, the Vitesse is not affecting anything until the accelerator is pressed. Obviously I'm not pressing the accelerator while I shift from Park to Reverse. The brake is being pressed during this time. I don't see how it would lead to this problem.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:27 PM   #21
CamaroBruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
You have a bad trans or torque converter. This issue is widely reported with the A8 trans in every vehicle owners forum. The C7 Corvette guys got this trans first in 2015 and the problems continue through the 2017's. Same with Silverado.

It absolutely is not simply in need of "an update" or "time to learn your driving style" or a "fast idle" issue.
This seems more like it. I'll report back...
Old 12-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #22
sub_ETCS_ret

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBruno View Post
You wouldn't be the first person to have problems with it months later. Some have never had any problems, while others have had to recalibrate. I'm not even saying that's your problem but by removing it you can rule it out.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #23
sub_ETCS_ret

Any update?
Old 12-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #24
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
I do not have this Vitesse controller and I have the same issue...along with the lugging from 1-2 when cold and the bump from behind feeling when coming to a stop. The other night it was so bad, I almost hit the car in front of me!!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:44 AM   #25
CamaroBruno

OK so here are the results, explained as best I can. I'm not a gear head so you'll have to excuse me.

Prior to taking the car in to my dealership, I took the Vitesse off to see if it would fix the issues and while shifting gears seemed to smooth out a hair, the problem was definitely still present. The hard shift from P to R was definitely not impacted by removing the throttle controller.

It turns out the dealership called Chevy engineers who pointed the technicians to some solenoid in the transmission which helps regulate the transmission fluid pressure needed replacing. Apparently the pressure was being held at maximum which either caused gears to slam into gear when changing or not change at all. They didn't have a specific notice for Camaros but the same issue had presented in the same transmission in other models of Chevy cars.

This has completely resolved all of my A8 transmission issues. It even seems smoother now than when I brought the car home. I'll put the Vitesse back on soon, since I loved how responsive it made the throttle. It would seem to me that the throttle controller was not the root cause but because it made throttle input more extreme, it made the transmission issues seem more extreme.
Old 01-15-2017, 11:57 AM   #26
Kamaro223
Kamaro223

Drives: 2016 RS/LT Camaros
This is great that it solved your issue. Do you have any specifics about the procedure or part numbers of the solenoid? How long did it take? Did they have to change fluid? Drop the pan? Thanks for the feedback...hopefully this will fix my car too!!!!!
Old 01-15-2017, 12:22 PM   #27
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaro223 View Post
This is great that it solved your issue. Do you have any specifics about the procedure or part numbers of the solenoid? How long did it take? Did they have to change fluid? Drop the pan? Thanks for the feedback...hopefully this will fix my car too!!!!!

I want this info too... taking my car in Tuesday. so many issues...
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #28
CamaroBruno

I'll see if I can find any more information from the shop's write up. They did have to order the solenoid so it took a few days.