Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-01-2016, 01:45 PM   #15
crysalis_01
Iron fist, lead foot

Drives: 2003 Mustang Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadkev View Post
its the time of year ,most car sales take place in the spring and summer.
November happend last year too if i recall.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:57 PM   #16
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The "time of the year" argument has been trotted out for a while now.

It simply appears there will not be a bump in Gen 6 sales like most expected.

It's not availability, it's not lack of knowledge..

it's simply not as popular, at least not enough to get a ton of Gen 5 owners to jump ship from their 5th Gen's to pick up a new 6th Gen with a new car payment, etc etc.

Last edited by SpeedIsLife; 12-01-2016 at 02:08 PM.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #17
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
To many damn phoney incentives. What pizzes me off is I go in ready to buy after seeing an advertised price on an SS. Then they hit me with these stupid incentives like you must be a member of some Farmers union, must own a competitors car or be leasing another car or some other lame crap. I was seriously looking for a 17 SS, now I'm not even looking anymore.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #18
germanicus

Drives: Pony Car
One of the incentives is based on your astrological sign. Kinda silly.
germanicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #19
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
To many damn phoney incentives. What pizzes me off is I go in ready to buy after seeing an advertised price on an SS. Then they hit me with these stupid incentives like you must be a member of some Farmers union, must own a competitors car or be leasing another car or some other lame crap. I was seriously looking for a 17 SS, now I'm not even looking anymore.
I hate how many dealers will advertise an artificially low price by stacking rebates that can not be combined (i.e: GM loyalty rebate and competitive lease rebate) or consist of an employee discount that isn't available to the general public.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #20
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
I hate how many dealers will advertise an artificially low price by stacking rebates that can not be combined (i.e: GM loyalty rebate and competitive lease rebate) or consist of an employee discount that isn't available to the general public.
They plan on getting you in the door..drive the car, get hyped up..and then that your irrational nature will take over and the "I gotta have it" kicks in and you sign off on your sanity.

Car dealerships are 25% product delivery, 15% service and 60% mental con games.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #21
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Camaro is selling in lower numbers because it wasn't around 03-09.. Mustang being around those years is one of the reasons it sold in such large numbers for a couple years (Year and a half?) of the S550.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:50 PM   #22
AlexM

Drives: Used to be 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Look, I posted this in the other thread, about December being the best to buy a new car...
Applies here as well:

The "qualifying" game is the one I hate the most, if the car can be sold to one person for that price, why does it mater who you sell it to, it should sell to any person for the same price... Just another way to bait and switch.

The sad reality is that w/o the big incentives GM will not move these cars, prices are too high for this market segment. I know, the performance/design was increased quite a bit, but the Gen 6 prices are out of reach for most of the Camaro demographic. I see the performance increase as part of progress and the same product should be always better and better and stay within the same price range, look at computers, electronics, anything.

The market says it all, price will always be supply/demand on a fair market.

BEE used to have
MyLink with NAV
Black 10 spoke FR41 wheels (ZL1 Replica)
Roto-fab CF CAI / Scoop and Washer Bottle Relocation KIT
Vmax yellow painted ported TB
Solo HF Cats with Kooks 2.5" catback
SLP Replica Spliter, CF Stripes and CF bowties
Hawk ceramic brake pads
OEM Strut Tower Brace - Yellow Plastidip
Range device - AFM Delete
Halo/DRL Harness (Halo/DRL on day and night while driving)
Engine Cover/Air Compressor Delete
AlexM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #23
COmaro

Drives: Many
I am shocked at how well the Challenger sells, given that it really has not been updated in years.

GM made a mistake in making the Gen6 Camaro look too much like Gen5. Honestly, the average person can't tell them apart.

The other issue, like it or not, is that the outward visibility really turns off a LOT of people, especially women, a lesson they should have learned from Gen5. The vast majority of Camaro buyers are men, but that needs to change to get better sales numbers. Drivers under 5'6" have a really hard time seeing out of the car. GM not correcting this flaw doomed the Gen6 to not even being considered by half of the population.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:34 PM   #24

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
I am shocked at how well the Challenger sells, given that it really has not been updated in years.

GM made a mistake in making the Gen6 Camaro look too much like Gen5. Honestly, the average person can't tell them apart.

The other issue, like it or not, is that the outward visibility really turns off a LOT of people, especially women, a lesson they should have learned from Gen5. The vast majority of Camaro buyers are men, but that needs to change to get better sales numbers. Drivers under 5'6" have a really hard time seeing out of the car. GM not correcting this flaw doomed the Gen6 to not even being considered by half of the population.
The Challenger has always had the best visibility, rear leg room and trunk space compared to Mustang and Camaro. Yet, it has never lead in sales among the three....

Visibility is a flawed argument, not a flaw in the Camaro.

Last edited by 90503; 12-01-2016 at 08:17 PM.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:46 PM   #25
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Wow still sold a lot less than ford
Old 12-01-2016, 05:50 PM   #26
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Visibility is an issue if you're used to a sedan or suv. If you compare it to vehicles in the same ballpark it's not bad. People have to choose for themselves what they are willing to deal with. You don't hear people calling Ferrari's flawed bc they don't have full size truck visibility.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #27
crazydmc
ummmm

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Nightfall w/Blk Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Wow still sold a lot less than ford
good, I tell everyone they should buy a mustang...
crazydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:56 PM   #28
Carbon Dynamics

Drives: American Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
The Challenger has always had the best visibility, rear leg room and trunk space compared to Mustang and Challenger. Yet, it has never lead in sales among the three....

Visibility is a flawed argument, not a flaw in the Camaro.
The Challenger also has a boxy old muscle car design, its not a sexy or sporty looking car. Its a land whale compared to the Camaro or Mustang, and this is typically why people aren't buying it. The Mustang is the best of both worlds, good visibility and sporty European design.
Carbon Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote