Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
1BAD_SS

Drives: 2010 SS M6
BMR springs noise

sup guys,, i order a set of BMR springs (1 inch drop) from apex and got them installed over the weekend.. the car looks even better than before BUT i began to notice a slight squeaking sound coming from the car not 100 percent sure were its coming from, and its not like i have to go over bumps or anything just the slightest thing sets it off i do know that it did not do it before the springs. also while having the car off and parked i kinda started pushing my weight against it to try and budge it and it squeaks all over the place i do not think this is normal any ideas???
1BAD_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
1BAD_SS

i guess i posted this on the wrong section but anyone help please????
Old 05-22-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
When they installed mine, one of the springs was not sitting flush in its "cup" (don't know the real name)
Anyways, I could actually see it not sitting flush. Once fixed sound was gone!

Good luck.
Neuf cruz
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
1BAD_SS

did you fix this your self? was the noise really noticable?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
need4spd

Drives: 2012 2SS Black on Black
I had the same issue with eibach springs on my v6.. squeaking sound.. mechanic said its the springs itself that is doing it because everything is flush in cups.. I sprayed all springs with delray motorcycle chain oil and squeaking is gone.

current ride - 2012 Black on Black 2SS RS w/ sunroof, muffler delete with SLP exhaust tips, rotofab cai, gm strut brace, BMR 1.4 drop springs all four corners, Stainless Power 1 7/8 long tubes, Hex Vents, Jannetty Racing Tune, Helmholtz J pipe, MMR 228 Z28 replica wheels.
need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
1BAD_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4spd View Post
I had the same issue with eibach springs on my v6.. squeaking sound.. mechanic said its the springs itself that is doing it because everything is flush in cups.. I sprayed all springs with delray motorcycle chain oil and squeaking is gone.

thanks for the tip i have to try something people are calling me paranoid for letting this bother me i dont think im being paranoid its my baby and i know it was not like this before the srpings
Old 05-23-2012, 05:15 PM   #7
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BAD_SS View Post
thanks for the tip i have to try something people are calling me paranoid for letting this bother me i dont think im being paranoid its my baby and i know it was not like this before the srpings
Trust me, it would seriously bother me. If my suspension, springs, etc made noises I wouldn't like it.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #8
1BAD_SS

you guys think it would cost me an arm and a leg if i take it to a shop and have them check it out? i dont want to call the guy that installed them (long story)...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
you guys think it would cost me an arm and a leg if i take it to a shop and have them check it out? i dont want to call the guy that installed them (long story)...
I would definitely get it to a reputable shop. When installed properly our springs are quiet as the stock springs. This is the first that I have ever heard of our springs making noise so I would assume it is more than likely a install issue. Get it checked out and let us know what you find.

Kyle
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
1BAD_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I would definitely get it to a reputable shop. When installed properly our springs are quiet as the stock springs. This is the first that I have ever heard of our springs making noise so I would assume it is more than likely a install issue. Get it checked out and let us know what you find.

Kyle
i will do that.. the reason i order your spirngs is because i have heard great things about them... any one know of a reputable shop in the Fort worth Dallas area?
Old 05-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
BMR Sales

Quote:
i will do that.. the reason i order your spirngs is because i have heard great things about them... any one know of a reputable shop in the Fort worth Dallas area?
Post up in the Texas section and I am sure someone could recommend a good shop for you.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
Hmm... I just ordered these same springs because I have not heard of any problems like this with these unlike the pfadts. Will be getting them installed in a couple weeks. Please follow up after you find out what the problem is.
Intimidator333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #13
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator333 View Post
Hmm... I just ordered these same springs because I have not heard of any problems like this with these unlike the pfadts. Will be getting them installed in a couple weeks. Please follow up after you find out what the problem is.
You don't have nothing to worry about, we have sold a ton of springs and have never had an issue of the springs making noise. We stand behind our parts 100% which is why we have a lifetime warranty on our lowering springs.