Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #29
Deana

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Aqua Blue
Last 5 of the vin are 43826

As for how they stole it. They tried to get in through the garage window and then went through back yard, through slider (wasn't locked) came through the house to the garage and took car. Grabbed laptop, purse and ipod touch on there way through but pretty sure they were after the car because 2 feet away from purse was a debit card a credit card and some cash and they didn't even take that. Other stuff was on a direct path to the garage.
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 PM   #30
hightower
LS3 Black Widow

Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuhKoDuh View Post
thats deadly cheap!!!If i had the money, it'd be mine!
Haha what your SS isn't enough????
Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #31
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
This really has me thinking about my garage and where I keep my keys...

Sorry about your loss I'm sure you are depressed about it, Things will get better and somewhere down the line these lowlife scum will end up in jail, maybe not because of your car but karma has a way of coming around...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #32
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickmage View Post
Can't you activate onstar and see where it is?
If it was stolen 2 weeks ago and not recovered then it's pretty doubtful it was some joyriding kids.

Also the system only works as long as it has reception. Pretty easy to prevent that from happening.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #33
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
If it's been stolen...and trashed, as usual, do you want it back? Not me.
Yeah, I would feel the same way. Particularly since if it's recovered and the insurance company feels that it's "recoverable" they would probably ask for your payout back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
If it was stolen 2 weeks ago and not recovered then it's pretty doubtful it was some joyriding kids.

Also the system only works as long as it has reception. Pretty easy to prevent that from happening.
Yeah, but this assumes that the thieves knows about onstar... and it might be possible that they don't. I figure it doesn't hurt to try.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Check cars.com

You can find one, I'm sure of it. But you should be prepared to to travel far to find one.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #35
VA SSHEVY

Drives: 2012 SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Check cars.com

You can find one, I'm sure of it. But you should be prepared to to travel far to find one.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Or http://www.carmax.com/
Old 03-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #36
AquaRSSS
AquaRob

Drives: ABM RS\SS; 69 427 Camaro; 1970 Z28
Lo-Jack. Onstar is too easy to disable.
Sorry to hear about the loss. That totally sux.
If you check the ABM page here on C5, there's a guy that has all the production numbers and can probably tell you how many of each version were made. Hell, that production info is pretty much all that's ever posted on that thread.

GL getting another one.
Centerline, Weld, Holley, Nick Williams, GMPP, Diamond, ARP, Callies, Nelson Racing, Pro Torque, Strange, J&S Polishing, RMCR, AAC, MBRP, Flowmaster, FAST, Comp Cams, RX Performance, Aeroquip, Spectrum Powder-Coating, Current Performance, RX,TDub Racing, DSS, Fore Innovations, Aeroquip, Earl's, BMR, Ximpac, MPD,Street Scene, Blood, Sweat and Tears
AquaRSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #37
Deana

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Aqua Blue
Regarding OnStar. I begged OnStar to track the vehicle. I had just let another subscription to them expire approximately 2 months prior to the theft. Once the satellite is disconnected it has to be activated from the car in order for them to lock on again. I called 3 different times hoping for someone sympathetic. I told them if it was the President they would find a way to track the car. They swore they couldn't....

Bottom line is, keys, not keys, garage or not. If someone wants your car and has the resources they can get it. My son and I were sleeping in the house. We each had a 120 lb. dog in our rooms and nobody heard a thing. They knew what they were doing. Also, when it comes to stolen cars, cops are useless. They never even called me back after the first day. On the 4th day when I couldn't rent a car because I didn't have a license (stolen) and the reality of it all really hit me (the thief was feet from my sons room) I called the cop bawling and he never even bothered to call me back. There is no money in it for them, they figure it will or it won't turn up and they aren't wasting the resources. Never even bothered fingerprinting....

Sorry for the rant. After looking at cars today I am just hurt, angry and want to go back in time 3 weeks and wait up with a gun. ;-)

Shutting up now.

Deana
Deana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #38
Melissa

Drives: 2010 ABM LT
I feel for you. I looked all over for an ABM for awhile. You will find one. The guy who posted here and is buying the new Mercedes seems like he has your exact same car. But, from past experience....you are right on....nothing in that police report for the cops except their time and paperwork - you are last on the list. Even making more work for them and no accolades or money brought in. Sad but true. Good luck ABM Sister!!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #39
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Sorry to hear about it, Deana. Good luck finding another ABM. Have you looked into garage alarms too? I think I'd want to install alarms or park a Doberman in the garage.
Edit: on page 2 post #32 of this thread dude has a 2010 2lt rs in ABM http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=213155&page=2 quote: Got mine on 1/2010,9400mi. Had my first bug-trunk water leak-fixed at dealer- clogged sunroof drain hose-replaced hoses. Getting ready to sell it. member name bluexlr.

Last edited by heRS; 03-31-2012 at 10:30 PM.
heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #40
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
2 weeks and the insurance already paid you out ??????? Hard to believe .

Last edited by oldfriend; 04-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #41
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by caramaro1969 View Post
i can't believe you got paid so quick, who are you with? took me 30 days to get my check
Do you smell it ?

Last edited by oldfriend; 04-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 PM   #42
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Sucks. :(

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote