Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #113
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJL13 View Post
Lots of speculation in terms of what you are inferring.

Free market economy; a product is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

It's a business, they have to make money. They got a good return, he got a car he wanted. Win-win. No need to be a condescending jerk.

Not every transaction has to be about taking a dealership to the cleaners and nickel and diming them; especially if you want to maintain a good business relationship with them down the road for whatever reason.
Uh, no... the dealer plainly ripped him. Its not just "making money" - they saw his need and fed off of it when they could have easily sold that car for atleast 10 grand less and they KNEW that too but they saw they could get him to pay top dollar for it and played him into it so they wouldn't have to take the markup. They had already planned to sell it for less but knew they could get every penny from him and milked him when they didn't have to... There's a difference between free economy and plain greed. In "free economy" the demand for the item is the ultimate determining factor of the price and given that newer models are on the road on top of which a higher grade of the same model exists, the demand is simply not strong enough to justify $40k which is why they mark them up because they've been sitting on the lot untouched all year and they're about to take a huge tax hit from them. This was greed at work.

I'm not being condescending I'm being realistic, why would anyone want to pay $40k for a V6 thats already a year old when you could easily have an BRAND NEW SS with the same level of options for the same price especially during the end of year sales? I understand wanting the car and all and thats cool but its not like 2LT V6's below $35k are uncommon at this time of year. I would understand it more if that wasn't the case but you could easily get a fully loaded 2LT for around $33k during end of year sales and if the local dealer doesn't offer it at that price just find someone who does.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 01-27-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:25 PM   #114
beflat10r

Drives: 2017 2LT, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Holy crap. No offense or anything but dude that was a complete rip off.
40k for a car thats already a year old and you got it during the most heavily marked up season of the year, they should have practically been begging to give it away since it was a 17 model and the 18's are out.

You EASILY could have walked off with a 6th Gen 1SS or probably even a 2SS for that price. They saw your need and played you into their hand, never never never want the car... you always have an alternative car you can get at another dealer and let them know that, they raked you man.
I actually was at $34000 out the door. My trade in at $25000- so they said plus $9000 cash on my part. Taxes tags etc out the door. They originally started at $25,000 for my trade and $13000 from me and we went from there with people getting all dramatic and jumping up outta their chairs. Me getting angry. SO eventually I gave in at $25000 for the trade and $9000 of my cash.
I hear you. I should've walked out. I had no other car on my radar. I financed and leased my last 3 cars at this dealer, and thought that might account for something. Either way I still like the car a lot. Next car I'll be more prepared.
beflat10r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #115
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by beflat10r View Post
I actually was at $34000 out the door. My trade in at $25000- so they said plus $9000 cash on my part. Taxes tags etc out the door. They originally started at $25,000 for my trade and $13000 from me and we went from there with people getting all dramatic and jumping up outta their chairs. Me getting angry. SO eventually I gave in at $25000 for the trade and $9000 of my cash.
I hear you. I should've walked out. I had no other car on my radar. I financed and leased my last 3 cars at this dealer, and thought that might account for something. Either way I still like the car a lot. Next car I'll be more prepared.
Fair enough, as long as you like it thats all that matters, I just feel they didnt need to charge you as much as they did.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:31 AM   #116
hollie91999

Drives: 2017 Redline Edition RS 2LT V6
My 2017 Redline Edition 2LS RS package was $29k plus taxes/docs. I bought in Dec. 2017 with 1368 miles. I am the second owner. Previous owner ended up trading in due to having a baby on the way. I think I got a great deal after buying the car. I wasn't really ready to buy a car but was just browsing and this gorgeous car was at my local dealer so I had to take her home😀 So in love with this car😍😍😍
Attached Images

Last edited by hollie91999; 01-28-2018 at 11:41 AM.
hollie91999 is offline   Reply With Quote