Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 08:37 AM   #99
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhexed View Post
Lots of sugar in the water supply here, so avoid drinking from the water supply when passin' through.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:04 PM   #100
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhexed View Post
Yesterday I felt so gay... driving my lowly V6 around town. I will prolly feel gay when i drive it around today as well, and tomorrow and...well, you get the picture (rolls eyes). God forbid there be any gay members of a car enthusiasts forum who see this shite. The original poster use the term to indicate that he felt "less than a man" for driving whatever other car it was he was in. I know self proclaimed "manly hetero men" who have beat their wives, ran out on their children, lie, steal, cheat and so on, and then I have known gay men (and women) - myself included, who have served their country, stepped up to the plate to hold bedside vigil to be there for their sick and ailing parents and grandparents, children, partners all while trying to balance work life, home life, educations all while putting their personal lives on hold. Insinuating that someone such as myself is "less than a man" is total BS. I wake up every damn day with my head held high, a wonderful life to lead (oh I'm sorry - should I have used the term FABULOUS just to keep everyone in check?" ) and i can lay my head down at night knowing I've lived my life as my most authentic self being the best person I can be not only for myself but those I care about. Until you've had to live your entire life developing a thick skin from constantly being told you are "less than", you have NO IDEA what gay feels like - and with that being said, not a day goes by that my parents tell both me how proud and honored they to have me as their son. If a car makes you feel gay, your problems are more deeply rooted than what SOCIETY tells me mine are. I love my life, I love my Camaro (on my third one btw - ALL V6s - again, i know. SOOOO GAY! - another eye roll) and i love being able to have a place such as this to read up on all the amazing threads, see the awesome pics and read the funny anecdotes - as well as learning a thing or two about this one thing we all love and have in common - the CAMARO. Do me and the rest of us all a favor (and as RuPaul says)- Don't F*ck it up. (should i throw in a "girlfran!" and a couple of snaps for even more authenticity?) Let me know...
All the power to yo, brother. My point exactly in my original response to the OP. After driving a car like my Camaro, I also don't like driving my Ford Ranger.....boring. Just wished he had chosen a different way to express what he was trying to say.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #101
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
All the power to yo, brother. My point exactly in my original response to the OP. After driving a car like my Camaro, I also don't like driving my Ford Ranger.....boring. Just wished he had chosen a different way to express what he was trying to say.
It's just a harmless figure of speech. People do love to get outraged these days.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:55 PM   #102
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
It's just a harmless figure of speech. People do love to get outraged these days.
Obviously, judging from the responses, it's not harmless it's hurtful.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:53 PM   #103
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Instead of issuing an infraction here, I'm going to discuss the proper use of vocabulary.

OP, your initial post uses "gay" as an offensive term. Don't do that. We only care about cars here, not politics, religion, sexual orientation, race, or other tools used to divide people. Cars are all that matter, and as Camaro5 and Camaro6 members, we judge people by their character and their choice to drive the superior Chevrolet Camaro.

Everyone else, I think the OP means to say the Sentra is not as fun a car as the Camaro.

Since I've addressed the main complaint in this thread, I'm going to allow this conversation to continue. We'll bury this dead horse and be done with it.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 03-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #104
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
This entire thread is gay.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:39 PM   #105
SS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Obviously, judging from the responses, it's not harmless it's hurtful.
My Subaru doesn't make me feel gay then, it makes me feel unhappy. This progressive youtube clip may help others who feel offended find their safe space.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:14 PM   #106
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS376 View Post
Dude, I know nothing about you, you know nothing about me, but if you think using the term "gay" to describe how driving a car makes you feel, IMHO, your either lying to yourself, just woke up from the 80's, or are ignorant. I'm gonna assume you've been asleep for a long time....It really comes off as dishonest when people continue to pretend it's not offensive to a lot of people.
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

ADM LSA Stage II, Roto-Fab CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, Mishimoto radiator and oil cooler, BC Racing ER Series CO's, JPSS 32mm Black Magic rear bar, JPSS front inserts, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, Schroth ASM harness, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, Tuned by NicD, at Cordes Performance Racing.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #107
Jeff1981

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 6 SPD
I've got a 15 1SS, and a 2015 Town and Country minivan and I will tell you, for a minivan this thing is awesome. I actually drive it more than I do my Camaro but mostly because my wife complains about riding in the car. We've been married almost 16 years and I'm on my 6th Camaro since we were dating and she has never complained until now. When me and my kids ride in the Camaro I'm the "cool" dad. I never feel "gay" about driving other vehicles at all, but when I do it makes me appreciate my Camaro even more.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:13 AM   #108
SS376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olddudesrule View Post
Dude, I know nothing about you, you know nothing about me, but if you think using the term "gay" to describe how driving a car makes you feel, IMHO, your either lying to yourself, just woke up from the 80's, or are ignorant. I'm gonna assume you've been asleep for a long time....It really comes off as dishonest when people continue to pretend it's not offensive to a lot of people.
I am sorry that it offended you but I wonder if perhaps you're being a tad oversensitive? If such a benign expression causes such offense then maybe we have all become a little too soft. It's not a literal statement either. Driving a Subaru doesn't actually make me start dreaming about boyscouts! Anyway, to each his own and I am done with this very gay thread;-)
Old 03-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #109
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I used to call things gay when I was younger, not thinking twice about it. Like the OP I wasn't gay bashing but just didn't realize how it was hurtful.

It wasn't until I had a friend that was gay that I understood how it was hurtful to people and I stopped saying things like that.

I don't think OP was being mean about it he just probably doesn't realize.. Maybe he learned something from this thread.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:55 AM   #110
Skillet
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Screw that I still say things are gay and I'll keep on saying it. Gay used to mean happy or lively and then all of a sudden a certain group of people started using the term to refer to themselves. So now all of a sudden people can't say the word without worrying about offending somebody?

So what if people with six toes start calling themselves "cool". What now I can't say "that's cool" because I'd be hurting people who have six toes?
Old 03-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #111
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillet View Post
Screw that I still say things are gay and I'll keep on saying it. Gay used to mean happy or lively and then all of a sudden a certain group of people started using the term to refer to themselves. So now all of a sudden people can't say the word without worrying about offending somebody?

So what if people with six toes start calling themselves "cool". What now I can't say "that's cool" because I'd be hurting people who have six toes?
Gay was happy or lively... then a group of people were forced to use the term to discreetly identify themselves as homosexual, for fear of being branded & treated worse than communists... then younger people started using the term for something that's stupid or lame, referring to it being as bad as homosexuals.

The issue isn't the word, it's the context in which it's used.
Old 03-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #112
Desert Dweller

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #334
I'd like to know when we can get the rainbow back?

Closed Thread

Tags
dealer, nissan, rant