Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 AM   #99
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
This is as entertaining as the "What grinds your gears..." thread.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #100
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Sticks in my craw as well. Unfortunately, it is now in Webster's dictionary.
I got called out on that once, and learned from it. I do feel that from your spelling and grammar people form an important impression of you and your credibility, and I do care how it appears to others. I thanked them for it. So I'm really not trying to give you are hard time PalmerGA, you can correct me any time you like! Just trying to point out that apparently there are those that do NOT appreciate it and are too set in their ways to change now. Thanks for fighting the good fight though. I gave up some time ago.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #101
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Sometimes when I get Bummed I also get irked, the only cure for that is a long top down drive in the Camaro.
Old 05-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #102
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
I got called out on that once, and learned from it. I do feel that from your spelling and grammar people form an important impression of you and your credibility, and I do care how it appears to others. I thanked them for it. So I'm really not trying to give you are hard time PalmerGA, you can correct me any time you like! Just trying to point out that apparently there are those that do NOT appreciate it and are too set in their ways to change now. Thanks for fighting the good fight though. I gave up some time ago.
I hear ya! It's hard to help people who don't really care how they present themselves to others. I do care and also appreciate people pointing out my errors. I am confident and secure enough that I look at it as a chance to improve.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #103
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Quote:
I hear ya! It's hard to help people who don't really care how they present themselves to others. I do care and also appreciate people pointing out my errors. I am confident and secure enough that I look at it as a chance to improve.
How about this as a rule: don't correct anybody's grammar who doesn't at least have 100 posts and has been on the site at least 6 months. That way you can still get your fill in, and we won't scare away new members and lurkers. That's fair.
Or at least do it via PM like Camaro_Corvette mentioned. That way you can help the person out in a manner that won't embarrass them or cause another mass thread jacking.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:15 PM   #104
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Really, you're worried about hurting someone's sensibilities over the internet?

People these days really have gone soft

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #105
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Really, you're worried about hurting someone's sensibilities over the internet?

People these days really have gone soft
Lol, no but first impressions are lasting ones. And I'd hate for a first time poster to run afoul of PalmerGA's pet peeves and think we're all a bunch of grammar nazis. Look at the nonsense he creates everytime he does it.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #106
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Lol, no but first impressions are lasting ones. And I'd hate for a first time poster to run afoul of PalmerGA's pet peeves and think we're all a bunch of grammar nazis. Look at the nonsense he creates everytime he does it.
Nonsense? Hmmm. And yes... "first impressions are lasting ones", which is the reason people (especially first time posters) should make an effort to put their best foot forward in the way the spell and use grammar.

If they just don't know any better - I'm here to help.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #107
6bangerBOOM

Quote:
Nonsense? Hmmm. And yes... "first impressions are lasting ones", which is the reason people (especially first time posters) should make an effort to put their best foot forward in the way the spell and use grammar.

If they just don't know any better - I'm here to help.
Oops. I think you meant to say "they". I'm just here to help. Also your wording could suggest that grammar is "spelled". I think what you should have said is "the way they spell words and use grammar". Though that is more my personal preference than an actual grammatical rule. But I would like for you to make your points as clearly as possible, so take that suggestion or don't. Do you see how easy it is to critique others? I'm just saying it's a waste of time. But, whatever, I'm done. I'll be content to sit back and watch now.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 PM   #108
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Oops. I think you meant to say "they". I'm just here to help. Also your wording could suggest that grammar is "spelled". I think what you should have said is "the way they spell words and use grammar". Though that is more my personal preference than an actual grammatical rule. But I would like for you to make your points as clearly as possible, so take that suggestion or don't. Do you see how easy it is to critique others? I'm just saying it's a waste of time. But, whatever, I'm done. I'll be content to sit back and watch now.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #109
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Don't mind me, I'm just beating a dead horse, and whoring up my post count in the process.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #110
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
You guys still goin?

See what I did there.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #111
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post