Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #99
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
I have a feeling we are getting 3rd gen iroc meets new stingray front end. I can see them getting rid of the top grill and opening up the bottom one more.
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 08:39 PM   #100
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
And who says they need to "correct" front and rear ends for the "real world" testing of these cars. They can test the real front and rear ends in the wind tunnel and fine tune them after the reveal.
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:26 AM   #101
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Just look at the preproduction stages of the Gen 5, nothing was drastically changed when it was revealed.

The key factor? Its all in the details....which GM has a way of knocking out of the park as always.

Now, I just hope they have something breathtaking for the rear. The front end will look great, that much is obvious.

Side profile looks good, would say great but the 5th gen spoiled me

Now the rear, I can't really envision something with those housing lines for the rear tail lights.

If you had stuck the Stingray tails on this rear (which seemed like the natural evolution of the 2010-2013 tail lights) it would be a home run
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:30 AM   #102
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
Got hammered with a bud tonight his favorite part of our car was the f... all window on its approach f ya! , sorry guys but the mean look is gone its evolution the race is for a smaller package of light weight machines
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 AM   #103
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
Got hammered with a bud tonight his favorite part of our car was the f... all window on its approach f ya! , sorry guys but the mean look is gone its evolution the race is for a smaller package of light weight machines
Go Home Bretts, your drunk

LOL
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:57 AM   #104
Anwro
Red 2SS

Drives: Camaros
I can see it now, after an hour in photoshop I think there is a little bit of a c7 in its design , under the doors panels too , alot in this particular bumper which I believe its the v6 bumper
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 2ss L99 Red - Kooks+Corsa+VR+Ebiach LowerKit-
2002 Camaro SS LS1 Black - Kooks+SLP+Hurst-
2009 Escalade Pearl White - Corsa -
Anwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:36 PM   #105
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Well, this is based on the alpha frame which is currently used in the cadillac ats. I have a friend with an ATS and it is a small car on the inside and out. I am glad that I am getting a 2015 1le....I could change my mind after the reveal...of course.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdishian View Post
Well, this is based on the alpha frame which is currently used in the cadillac ats. I have a friend with an ATS and it is a small car on the inside and out. I am glad that I am getting a 2015 1le....I could change my mind after the reveal...of course.
Just because its based on a certain platform does not mean it cannot have its dimensions tweaked for a different car. GM has done it before.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:40 PM   #107
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jugdishian View Post
And the Alpha is used for the CTS, which is bigger. Couple that with 70% of the chassis is tailored just for the Camaro and you have quite a different car than either the CTS or ATS.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #108
54Oramac

Drives: Camaro 45th AE 2SS
Does anyone else think we could get surprised by a liftback Camaro, similar to the Corvette?
Attached Images

54Oramac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:51 PM   #109
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
No, I don't see the Camaro getting a hatchback. If you look at the camo pics, the gaps in the camo for door and hood openings are pretty big. Looking at the trunk, you can clearly see the gap run up to the base of the rear window and go no higher. Either it's a regular trunk or they don't ever plan on opening it if it is a hatch.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:20 PM   #110
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
And the Alpha is used for the CTS, which is bigger. Couple that with 70% of the chassis is tailored just for the Camaro and you have quite a different car than either the CTS or ATS.
Mostly from the longer wheel base and the larger wheel/tire combination. So wheelbase is longer and track is wider but the basic architecture isn't modified.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #111
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Oramac View Post
Does anyone else think we could get surprised by a liftback Camaro, similar to the Corvette?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
No, I don't see the Camaro getting a hatchback. If you look at the camo pics, the gaps in the camo for door and hood openings are pretty big. Looking at the trunk, you can clearly see the gap run up to the base of the rear window and go no higher. Either it's a regular trunk or they don't ever plan on opening it if it is a hatch.
No, for several reasons.

One the Corvette still has a unique structure that has enabled a coupe and convertible from the same basic hydroform rails since Gen 5. A hatchback would be worse structurally in a car built from a more conventional architecture. Meaning a V6 would be nice, but the high performance versions would suffer compared to the Mustang. To even meet the stiffness targets for the hatch would take a big chunk of the weight savings.

Oh and hatchbacks don't sell.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #112
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Actually, the CTS is based on the Sigma platform which is bigger than the Alpha. The ATS is based on the Alpha platform which is what is what the new camaro will use.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote