Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-30-2016, 11:48 AM   #85
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
I had the same question. I'm talking to the detailers who prep all the new cars. Stand by.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:00 PM   #86
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You can check with whom ever you want, will see who has the last laugh.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:21 PM   #87
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
The thing everyone is looking for is a path of success. I don't think it's about having the last laugh as much as it it about trusting that whichever path you choose is worth following. I base my decisions on Intel. I gather that Intel from a variety of sources. I don't put too much faith in any one particular source since it could be biased. I read what others have to say, I look at what GM announces, I speak with dealers, salesmen, sales managers, spokespeople for the company, people of interest whether it's Al O or the person working the assembly line.

Factually speaking we all make decisions based on what we believe to be the facts at the time. It's better to make informed choices. Far too many people speak in riddles so if we're talking about obtaining a ZL1 or Z28 there is no magic bullet. If there was a way to eliminate all the nonsense I would do it. It should not be this difficult. I paid $1000 to secure a spot in good faith when the car was available to order. I don't consider that to be a waste. Fortunately my dealer called me immediately when allocations were announced. The fact I will not be able to order a car right now is of no consequence. I feel confidant that they made every attempt to take care of me.

For the sake of everyone who isn't on the VIP list perhaps we should just say what we mean. That way people can read and understand before making their own choice.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:44 PM   #88
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
I'm on a waiting list for the McRibXO. It should be out soon. They are recalibrating it because the new one has direct pork injection.

You heard it here first.
Make sure you grab a McMishioto BBQ Sauce catch can. Installs directly on your chin for the direct pork injection.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:32 PM   #89
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
Wow! Some here on this forum are just down right petty. Some of us need to grow up. IMO there has been too many posts on this thread. Nothing has happened except a deposit on a future production car, that's all. Calm down.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Marine Corps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #90
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
Nothing has happened except a deposit on a future production car, that's all. Calm down.
That's exactly what most of us have been saying.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #91
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
I know you will
Old 08-30-2016, 03:06 PM   #92
67Builder
White knuckled & smiling

Drives: '17 ZL1 AKA Perfection!
Quote:
Usually the guy who laughs last is the slowest to get the joke.

Just sayin.....
67Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #93
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Consider me not getting the joke...I don't get it - the last laugh part of this thread....

there are Z/28's still for sale on the lots, and i'm not sure of a single person who wanted a Gen 5 ZL1 that didn't get one.

this isn't the Ford GT or Ferrari LaFerrari guys...
Old 08-30-2016, 04:05 PM   #94
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Consider me not getting the joke...I don't get it - the last laugh part of this thread....

there are Z/28's still for sale on the lots, and i'm not sure of a single person who wanted a Gen 5 ZL1 that didn't get one.

this isn't the Ford GT or Ferrari LaFerrari guys...
10 X brand new at dealers across Canada at moment for Z28's... I can only imagine there are hundreds in the US...
Old 08-30-2016, 05:08 PM   #95
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
The thing everyone is looking for is a path of success. I don't think it's about having the last laugh as much as it it about trusting that whichever path you choose is worth following. I base my decisions on Intel. I gather that Intel from a variety of sources. I don't put too much faith in any one particular source since it could be biased. I read what others have to say, I look at what GM announces, I speak with dealers, salesmen, sales managers, spokespeople for the company, people of interest whether it's Al O or the person working the assembly line.

Factually speaking we all make decisions based on what we believe to be the facts at the time. It's better to make informed choices. Far too many people speak in riddles so if we're talking about obtaining a ZL1 or Z28 there is no magic bullet. If there was a way to eliminate all the nonsense I would do it. It should not be this difficult. I paid $1000 to secure a spot in good faith when the car was available to order. I don't consider that to be a waste. Fortunately my dealer called me immediately when allocations were announced. The fact I will not be able to order a car right now is of no consequence. I feel confidant that they made every attempt to take care of me.

For the sake of everyone who isn't on the VIP list perhaps we should just say what we mean. That way people can read and understand before making their own choice.
I said at the start that i know Zack will get his ZL1 when his dealer has the allocation, then told him of my order, did not say we put down any money.

As for facts, we have a way of getting them and you have yours, at the time we told the dealer we wanted a 5th gen Z/28, there was no one with any info, but there was info in the past, if you know where to look, first time we know there was going to be a Z/28 LS7 car was in 2008, SEMA the red LS7 camaro at the show, next back in 2010-11 some one said (and you know who you are) there where 2 cars testing back at the GM track, one car was good the other was great, then the ZL1 came out, at that point we know the great car did not come out, now to the 6th gen, the ZL1 is a good car IMO, the Z/28 will still be the great car, and with that i placed an order, as you know there is no way we know more, but IMO GM like most manufacturers like to do things for a reason, this is the 50th year of camaros, how do you think GM will not have a Z/28 it will be 50 years for that model too.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #96
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
I said at the start that i know Zack will get his ZL1 when his dealer has the allocation, then told him of my order, did not say we put down any money.

As for facts, we have a way of getting them and you have yours, at the time we told the dealer we wanted a 5th gen Z/28, there was no one with any info, but there was info in the past, if you know where to look, first time we know there was going to be a Z/28 LS7 car was in 2008, SEMA the red LS7 camaro at the show, next back in 2010-11 some one said (and you know who you are) there where 2 cars testing back at the GM track, one car was good the other was great, then the ZL1 came out, at that point we know the great car did not come out, now to the 6th gen, the ZL1 is a good car IMO, the Z/28 will still be the great car, and with that i placed an order, as you know there is no way we know more, but IMO GM like most manufacturers like to do things for a reason, this is the 50th year of camaros, how do you think GM will not have a Z/28 it will be 50 years for that model too.
I'm not debating the existence of the Z28. That's not really a viable option for me. I dont have issue with people putting zero down either. If you or anyone else is able to secure a car order without that, great for you. Everyone is looking to make a smart decision, not get ripped off, not be misled and ultimately be rewarded for the time they are investing. Nothing more. It's amazing how this thread has gotten so far off topic.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:34 PM   #97
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Bottom line is not one single person in the entire world has "ordered" a 2017 ZL1. Period. Case closed. Delete thread.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:39 PM   #98
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Quote:
Listen up, Dealer will have to have an allocation for the new Z/28, That is a dealer's that sales the most cars will get 1 Z/28 for the 2017 model year.
Not interested in getting a Z28 regardless. Most people on this part of the forum are looking to buy a ZL1 and realistically there are more buyers than allocations it would seem so if we add to that the constraint issue the problem is exacerbated. I don't really care about having the car before anyone else because that is just a pipe dream. What I care about is having a practical system in place once orders are available. I'm not a fan of smoke and mirrors. It could be true that GM didn't foresee the A10 delay. If they did however I believe it was a poor decision to withhold that information which ultimately sets people up for disappointment.