Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #71
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Some of you are interpreting facts to support your own conclusions.

The cold hard truth is Camaro is an old car. The overall design is now 8 years old and 2014 will mark 5 years in production. Most of the folks who really wanted one already own one.

Don't expect sales to pick up any time soon. And Mustang's launch will dampen them even more.

6th gen can't come soon enough.
Amen. I get so tired of coming on here and reading people whining about the 2014 refresh. If you guys don't like it, that's fine, but quit trying to skew data towards your opinion.

Fact of the matter is that unless we have a break out of how many of the vehicles were 2013 versus 2014, we simply do not know whether the 2014 is a success or not.

To show how easy it is to make the numbers work in your favor, deliveries of 2014 models started August 2013. So let's look at the delivery numbers for August through December 2013 compared against August through December 2012.

August 2013 vs August 2012: 8,875 vs 6,675
September 2013 vs September 2012: 5,659 vs 5,670
October 2013 vs October 2012: 5,669 vs 5,122
November 2013 vs November 2012: 5,068 vs 4,464
December 2013 vs December 2012: 5,015 vs 5,837

2013: 30,286
2012: 27,768

So I could come up with an argument that since the refreshed 2014 model started deliveries in August 2013, Team Camaro has delivered 2,518 MORE Camaros compared to the previous year.

[/end 2014 refresh failure discussion]

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/

Last edited by meissen; 01-09-2014 at 12:02 PM.
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #72
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by shine2013 View Post
Most of my friends are Mustang die hards, only cars they've driven, and they hate the 2015. These are potential buyers and not people commenting that will probably never buy it.

Complaints are that it doesn't look like a true Mustang, too feminine, and too small. 2 of them bought used 2013s a week after the 15 reveal. My friends probably aren't the only ones who feel that way. I buy into the sales increase.
LOL let me tell you, your friends are not the norm. Been a GM guy all my life but FORD is starting to kick their ass in every shape and way. Never owed a Ford before and had been looking at what they got. Picked up a beauty at the beginning of December and that Orange beast in my pick will be leaving for that new Beauty 2015 GT.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #73
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I can live with the refresh. Ford seemed to loose the opportunity to take the 2015 Mustang to another level. It just hasn't advanced in looks that much from the 2005 model. GM has shown they are not afraid of taken the Camaro to totally different design every generation. I expect the Gen6 Camaro will be quite a bit different, yet still have some of the same styling clues from the Gen5 model.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #74
onthefence

Drives: 2014 CRT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
So I could come up with an argument that since the refreshed 2014 model started deliveries in August 2013, Team Camaro has delivered 2,518 MORE Camaros compared to the previous year.

[/end 2014 refresh failure discussion]
Well I used some super-advanced mathematical principals to extrapolate the trends for the deliveries and computed the hippopede of each month's data using the Klein quartic, and the message becomes incredibly obvious:
Name:  data.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  185.3 KB

It's a shame because I liked the refresh, but data doesn't lie...
Old 01-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #75
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
LOL let me tell you, your friends are not the norm. Been a GM guy all my life but FORD is starting to kick their ass in every shape and way. Never owed a Ford before and had been looking at what they got. Picked up a beauty at the beginning of December and that Orange beast in my pick will be leaving for that new Beauty 2015 GT.
So you are gonna have a two door fusion to go along with your four door fusion? Makes sense
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:03 PM   #76
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
LOL.. Well make sense to trade for the new fusion lookalike mustang because I mean you do have it's twin! I actually think it looks nice on TV but not better than the current mustang or 10-13 camaro or the 14 1LE .But hey, your money!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #77
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
So you are gonna have a two door fusion to go along with your four door fusion? Makes sense
lmao ..... Agree!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #78
edco
Account Suspended

Drives: 07gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
Well I used some super-advanced mathematical principals to extrapolate the trends for the deliveries and computed the hippopede of each month's data using the Klein quartic, and the message becomes incredibly obvious:
Attachment 589382

I vote your post 'best in show' it cracked me up, nice going.
When I study the two refresh views I find them growing on me.
That gloss red SS is a head turner anywhere.
edco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:18 PM   #79
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthefence View Post
Attachment 589382

so much fail.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #80
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
These threads crack me up so bad.

the fan boi ism is just so lame. I wonder if people argue about which car sells more still wonder if their dad could beat up the other guys dad.

ha ha GTFU people.

if you step back and look at this from a neutral persepctive the big gainer this year is dodge.

GM -4.5 ford -7.0 (sorry ford guys but being down from last year is not a victory)

Dodge +19.3 this is really the biggest supprise to me.

looking at sales month to month is like dieting and weighting every day. the cars come out in different months, they get marketed different so anthing less than a 12 month looks is not going to say much.

To me what this shows for 14 is chevy and ford are both lossing share to dodge. chevy just lost less of it share that ford. And some how if you are a ford guy this data means you won something even though you did not sell the most cars, sold 7% less cars than last year ha ha. niether ford nor chevy should look at 14 as a knocked out of the park year. they both sold less than 13 in a better economy and lost ground to a comon rival.

I don't work for GM so I could care less but that is what the data says period.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned

Last edited by hognutz; 01-14-2014 at 01:19 PM.
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #81
edco
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post

the fan boi ism is just so lame. I wonder if people argue about which car sells more still wonder if their dad could beat up the other guys dad.

ha ha GTFU people.

if you step back and look at this from a neutral persepctive the big gainer this year is dodge.

GM -4.5 ford -7.0 (sorry ford guys but being down from last year is not a victory)

looking at sales month to month is like dieting and weighting every day. the cars come out in different months, they get marketed different so anthing less than a 12 month looks is not going to say much.

To me what this shows for 14 is chevy and ford are both lossing share to dodge. chevy just lost less of it share that ford. And some how if you are a ford guy this data means you won something even though you did not sell the most cars, sold 7% less cars than last year ha ha. niether ford nor chevy should look at 14 as a knocked out of the park year. they both sold less than 13 in a better economy and lost ground to a comon rival.

Dear Hognutz,

Your post is hard to follow. I retrieved the mid-month finalized 2013 annual sales for the top eight automakers in the US market. See picture. We are all car guys and have that in common. None of these muscles cars are cheap and I respect every ones' purchase. I think Challenger is an outstanding automobile. At 116" wb and 4100# it is larger than I prefer for a sports car/hot rod, but a great car that others prefer. To me the challenger is smooth riding luxury performance car and impressive. I have never been sure that Challenger is a direct competitor to mustang. I don't think the posts on this site are lame. Everyone here is up on auto technology and the market.
After studying your post may I suggest you go easy on deriding the other members.
Attached Images

Last edited by edco; 01-14-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:02 AM   #82
Sweet Zness
Because I Can

Drives: 08 IOM G8GT 11 Victory Red SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
From the majority of the posts in the thread they are trying to convince everyone the refresh was a failure...
You don't need convincing, you just need eyes.
Sweet Zness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #83
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Exactly!

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #84
edco
Account Suspended

Got your point on second read

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognutz View Post

ha ha GTFU people.

Dear Hognutz,
Your numbers are correct. When you write ford, chevy, dodge you mean mustang camaro challenger. Your analysis is correct also. I miss read your numbers to be company stats. Sorry. Anyway my positive comments about Challenger do not change. Months ago I wrote, Challenger is Chrysler's best performance car ever. I can understand it gaining market share. All three cars are expensive and I am glad they are building them.