Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-06-2019, 06:44 PM   #85
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
I have a lot of seat time in my car. However, don't tell me my car (Camaro V6) is a POS because I don't run a 12 sec time. People have run low to mid 13's in their N/A 5th gen V6's and the 6th gen V6 does 13.5 bone stock according to the GM brochure.

While guys like you are so worried about a V6 creeping up on you in the 1/4 mile, the Mustang GT guys and some Ecoboost owners are mopping up the floor against your slow L99 at the track.

Anyone who is a true gearhead would know that the number of cylinders really don't matter when it comes to racing. I'd never look over at the other lane at the track and think "Oh that car, it's just a V6. I can easily hand him/her their azz with my V8".

That V6 car in the other lane could be a GTR, an old turbo Regal, or even a twin turbo 5th gen V6.

Anyway, what makes this debate so ridiculous is the extreme animosity some V8 owners here have against V6 owners. I don't see this attitude on the Mustang forums or the Challenger forums.

Even on the 6th gen forum, I don't see it. Only here, on the 5th gen forum, is it so rampant. And, the guys who are most rampant about it are mostly L99 owners. Hmm, I wonder why?

I get it. It know it sucks that GM gave you less HP and TQ than the LS3 and you have that crappy AFM to deal with. However, don't blame us for that, blame GM.
Weird....you talk alot but make little sense. Post up your badass ride for us to see. This is just a random vid off Youtube showing how little you know.
https://youtu.be/3oEmLH751S4
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:54 PM   #86
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
You have a AUTOMATIC OMG I can't believe you have admitted to such a thing. Maybe there is hope for you some place, I wouldn't know where but hope some place. Some people consider automatic cars NON performance car regardless of what they are. Some people consider v6 cars NON performance cars regardless of what they are...............

I know of quite a few older 231 turbo cars that would destroy most cars. Do I care NO

I think yer all nuts even discussing such silly crap. Plus judging anyone BY HOW MANY CYLINDERS THEIR CARS ENGINE HAS. Its Ludacris. I'm done .....good luck you guys I hope ya grow up someday.
You were done after your first post....just ask around.

Last edited by rontammy0; 06-06-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:06 AM   #87
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Weird....you talk alot but make little sense. Post up your badass ride for us to see. This is just a random vid off Youtube showing how little you know.
https://youtu.be/3oEmLH751S4
Why? I remember being told on this forum that it would be nothing that would impress any SS V8 owner.

Man, some of you V8 guys sure like your Youtube videos. While your sitting on your phat butt watching videos, I was actually out driving my car tonight and thoroughly enjoying it.

Man, those driverless pods can't come fast enough for guys like you. See, you can just sit in your electric fully computerized pod watching Youtube racing videos all day. Fun fun fun!
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 06:23 AM   #88
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Damn...this thread went from gas mileage to cylinder numbers now to gear boxes.
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:10 AM   #89
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Why? I remember being told on this forum that it would be nothing that would impress any SS V8 owner.

Man, some of you V8 guys sure like your Youtube videos. While your sitting on your phat butt watching videos, I was actually out driving my car tonight and thoroughly enjoying it.

Man, those driverless pods can't come fast enough for guys like you. See, you can just sit in your electric fully computerized pod watching Youtube racing videos all day. Fun fun fun!
Still clued out eh? Here's another random vid of an l99 hitting the track. Or are they really random ? Maybe you are arguing with an l99 owner that races his car. Both vids are me and my car. If you want actually want accurate real life info on the car...just ask guys that run them .That way you won't look so foolish blabbing about stuff you know nothing about....and it against a Mustang.
https://youtu.be/8VOMcKtTmdA
Old 06-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #90
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Still clued out eh? Here's another random vid of an l99 hitting the track. Or are they really random ? Maybe you are arguing with an l99 owner that races his car. Both vids are me and my car. If you want actually want accurate real life info on the car...just ask guys that run them .That way you won't look so foolish blabbing about stuff you know nothing about....and it against a Mustang.
https://youtu.be/8VOMcKtTmdA

How can I be clued in when you don't even post your best times in your sig. All I see are some lame mod descriptions.

If I was as much as an avid drag racer as you claim to be, I'd be posting my best times front and center in my signature for everyone on this forum to see. Why is it such a secret with you?

Oh, you race your car at the track. Wow! Do you want a cookie?

I didn't buy my Camaro to race at the track. That's what the GTA is for. However, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what the little V6 could do with some minor bolt-ons after I pay it off next year. Maybe by then, we'll have a few more aftermarket parts to choose from, but I'm not holding my breath.

Until then, I'm just going to continue driving my V6 around as is and having lots of fun while doing it.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:42 AM   #91
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Pssst let it go this guy is running you.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 07:49 AM   #92
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
How can I be clued in when you don't even post your best times in your sig. All I see are some lame mod descriptions.

If I was as much as an avid drag racer as you claim to be, I'd be posting my best times front and center in my signature for everyone on this forum to see. Why is it such a secret with you?

Oh, you race your car at the track. Wow! Do you want a cookie?

I didn't buy my Camaro to race at the track. That's what the GTA is for. However, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing what the little V6 could do with some minor bolt-ons after I pay it off next year. Maybe by then, we'll have a few more aftermarket parts to choose from, but I'm not holding my breath.

Until then, I'm just going to continue driving my V6 around as is and having lots of fun while doing it.
Your the only poser here bud... stop talking cars. .stop talking racing ...stick to your gas mileage and cheap insurance rates as good conversation around the table. I race at the track...... and talk about it. You race nothing but your mouth and talk about it. I will talk racing with guys that know.....not guys that pretend to then retreat back to their V6 safe space. Keep wishing and hoping....one day those balls will drop ...until then keep sharp on cars and race times with Google. Do all your bolt ons.....with you driving based on your racing IQ you will be measuring you r
et with a calendar...not a clock.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #93
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152LTRockin View Post
Pssst let it go this guy is running you.
Yeah, I think you're right. He doesn't even post his times yet he's this awesome drag racer. Silly fools.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:54 AM   #94
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yeah, I think you're right. He doesn't even post his times yet he's this awesome drag racer. Silly fools.
I didn't say anything...you said I spend my time watching Youtube vids while you drive your car. I just proved you wrong....again. And I'm not the only one....there's a lineup. And I think he meant to say owning you.
Old 06-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #95
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
152LTRockin, have you looked at the JRE Race Scoop? https://jannettyracing.com/products/...10-2015-camaro

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 08:20 AM   #96
152LTRockin
Account Suspended

Drives: 15 2lt RS Top Gun Camaro
Very cool TY, I was thinking something along those lines. I had a 98 Camaro that someone added a cold air scoop that directed the cold air like that and it made a difference you could feel. The only trouble was in heavy rain the air filter got swamped but it was way out in front of the rad and air dam.
152LTRockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #97
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
I didn't say anything...you said I spend my time watching Youtube vids while you drive your car. I just proved you wrong....again. And I'm not the only one....there's a lineup. And I think he meant to say owning you.
Bring it on! You guys are really sad. In every post, I come out the victor. Still, no time slips from Mr. dragstrip queen yet. Just more dopey Youtube videos.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:53 PM   #98
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
152LTRockin,

Ya, I don't think our cars would suffer from rain sock since our filters are up higher. The one negative I've seen is that on the SS models to really see the full benefit you need to move the windshield washer reservoir.

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote