Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #8821
phor

Drives: 2010 2SS
New guy here - Actually posting about my ladies car. She isn't the forum type...or the mechanical type. Hoping to tie-in with some of you at a meet and listen to your various exhausts. That is first on the list - trying to decide between a basic cut-in and a full-fledged header system. She wont know the difference but I sure will.

Anyone absolutely blown away by their muffler guy? My go-to local shop wasn't as helpful as they have been in the past.

2010 2SS Bumble Bee. Picked up in Feb. 2013 with only 6800 miles.

-Patrick
phor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #8822
Transformed
Roxy

Drives: 2012 Red Camaro 2SS RS
Welcome Phor!

I had Flowmaster installed on mine and I love it. Just yesterday my friend told me it sounded like an airplane when I start my car - yup - that's what I was shooting for!

I had Discount Muffler on West Ina install it too - was only $65.
Transformed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #8823
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Tucson Camaro Club August Meeting

Seems like I'm running a lap behind this month. The meeting this week will be at Firehouse Subs, southeast corner of Orange Grove and River, one block east of I-10, on Thursday 8 Aug. Dinner at 6 PM, car stuff at 7.

The plan is to park with the Freddy's Cruise-In this time, and walk over the Firehouse for dinner. The gathering is very informal; no registration, no judging. Just car folks parked in one big lot together. The last few times we've met at Firehouse, the cruise-in guys have asked us to bring our cars over. I'll try to get there early and save some spots on the south end of the parking lot, behind Firehouse Subs.

Please PM or email me if you plan to attend. I need to let them know by Weds what the count will be.

Hope to see you all there!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #8824
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Sedona/Flagstaff Rt 66 Days Weekend Cruise

Next on the agenda; The weekend cruise to Sedona and the Rt 66 days festival in Flagstaff. We plan to depart on Friday, 6 Sep, and stay in Sedona. We will walk around the car show in Flagstaff on Saturday, then have a free day on Sunday before returning on Monday, 9 Sep. You're free to make your own plans and a schedule that works for you. I may have to return Sunday night if I can't get Monday off work.
I've had no luck finding a hotel that will block rooms for us during that weekend, but I have a few that are available for a decent price. Try one of these listed below, or feel free to find something you're more familiar with;

Star Motel (just off the main road downtown)
295 Jordan Rd
928-282-3641
www.starmotelsedona.com

Cedars Resort (across the main road from Star Motel)
20 W Highway 89A
928-282-7010
www.sedonacedarresort.com

Kings Ransom Hotel (about 1 mile from Star Motel)
725 Highway 179
Tel: 928-282-3132
Toll Free: 877-480-0044
Email: kingsransominn@sedona.net
www.kingsransominn.com

Since no rooms are blocked, no need to mention you're with the club, but do ask about a military, government, AARP, AAA discount.

I don't recommend trying the Iris Garden or White House Inn. Both have had terrible customer service dealing with them.

There are several other affordable ones on the west end of town. Try www.trivago.com for some comparison pricing.

Let me know if you're coming, and where you've booked a room. I'll keep a list of attendees and keep everyone informed of the schedule. Here's who's shown interest so far;

BODIH +1
Copper3000 +1
Sven59 +1
40Years
GotRoost +1
Reighard55
Bradley C +1
No2Sno +1 (one night only)
SlickMetal +1
Tamaras2SS
Cyber G-Man +1

We only set up something like this once a year, since it is a long and expensive cruise. But it should be a great time. There will be some great twisty scenic roads, a great historic car show, and many other activities available in Sedona or Flagstaff. I can guide you to all the craft breweries and hiking trails (just not at the same time).

Hope you can join us!

Enjoy the ride!

BODIH

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #8825
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by phor View Post
New guy here - Actually posting about my ladies car. She isn't the forum type...or the mechanical type. Hoping to tie-in with some of you at a meet and listen to your various exhausts. That is first on the list - trying to decide between a basic cut-in and a full-fledged header system. She wont know the difference but I sure will.

Anyone absolutely blown away by their muffler guy? My go-to local shop wasn't as helpful as they have been in the past.

-Patrick
Welcome to the forum Patrick!

You're welcome to come by the meeting this Thursday (see above), where you can hear several different brands of exhaust systems. We also hold a Mod Day every month or two when things cool down. We have several folks experienced at installing exhaust systems. You just have to get them to admit it.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #8826
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by REIGHARD55 View Post
Who won special entry last night?
I am at a complete blank on that one honestly. Can't remember. We had 150 cars show up, triple parked. Mob scene.

As a side note...I'm just wondering how Fast Edie and his drag bucket rolls around the streets on slicks. Apparently, tires in AZ do not need to have tread to be street legal. At least his doesn't!

If that's the case I'll have Goodyear scuffed slicks put on my NASCAR stocker when it's built.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #8827
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by phor View Post

-Patrick
Welcome Patrick!
We have lots of different exhaust mods between us, I'm sure you'll find one you like. Have fun checking them out!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #8828
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Quote:
Who won special entry last night?
It was a replica of a 1903(?) horse-less carriage. Looked like a miniature hayrack with bicycle wheels on it. I'm going to put a Briggs & Stratton on my wheelbarrow next week and watch them go crazy over that...

Don't know why they can't have a "Modern Muscle" class to separate us from the home-builts. If all they want are legacy cars (pre-1973), they should say so.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #8829
Tamaras2SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Cars in the beauty shop again.Having some interior painting be done.Should have it back by next meeting.Is there a meeting place yet?
Can't wait to see it!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #8830
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
It was a replica of a 1903(?) horse-less carriage. Looked like a miniature hayrack with bicycle wheels on it. I'm going to put a Briggs & Stratton on my wheelbarrow next week and watch them go crazy over that...

Don't know why they can't have a "Modern Muscle" class to separate us from the home-builts. If all they want are legacy cars (pre-1973), they should say so.
Do you have a spare gas motor laying around? I have an idea.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #8831
mrmertz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Ohhhh yeah. That's right. Exactly as Robert put it - really was just a piece of plywood with a Briggs on it and some bicycle wheels.

Don't show up with a Camaro and expect to walk away with anything at Lil' Tony's. Ain't gonna happen. Their divisions are too screwed up. Unless you have some plywood laying around and an old lawn mower engine...or a babe with a ripped up t-shirt to hang around with.

Unbelievable.
mrmertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #8832
AZSS6SPD

Drives: 2010 1SS (HIS&HERS)
MT Lemmon

Some of us from "down in the corner" are coming up. Maria & I are going to top off our tank up at Kolb & Valencia. Anybody want to meet there & caravan up to Udall park. ETA is 1015 hours.
AZSS6SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #8833
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Here is the link for early bird entry to the Oro Valley Market Place car show on Sept. 21st.
http://www.ovcarshow.org/Car___Truck_Registration.html

It is a very well organized show.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #8834
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Here is the link for early bird entry to the Oro Valley Market Place car show on Sept. 21st.
http://www.ovcarshow.org/Car___Truck_Registration.html

It is a very well organized show.
I can't see any information that it's a secure site and they want your credit card info.Is this how you guys usually register?
REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote