Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #71
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
They say the designers originally wanted to go to a 2nd gen F-body design influence on the 6th gen, but GM decided to play it safe and follow along the basic design themes of the highly successful 5th gen.

Some people say that the 1st gen was the greatest F-body design of all time, I disagree. The original designers did not think so back in the day either. There were a lot of styling tricks made to make it look lower and sleeker since they had to share the basic body structure and cowl section with the X-body for '68.

Yes, the F-body was released first in 67, however, the X-body shell (of which the 1st gen F-body was based upon) was actually designed first. The F-body designers hated the high cowl section they had to share with the X-body. When the time came for designing a successor, they fought to make sure they got the low cowl section height they had originally wanted on the first gen.

I think if done right, a 2nd gen F-body retro-styled 6th gen would have been fantastic. Perhaps we will see that when the 7th gen redesign comes around. I still consider the early 2nd gen F-body one of the most beautifully designed cars of all time.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:07 AM   #72
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
I bought my 1le because I liked how it looks. Plus i was ready to get rid of my truck. I'm not sure about the 16 yet but I bet it will grow on me.
maraging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #73
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Haha true. I think the Camaro looks better in the flesh than in photos so perhaps the 6th will too... But I'm keeping my 5th as I don't drive it enough now so no need for something new.
I have to agree. I didn't care for the looks of the Camaro6 in pictures, but when I saw it at the State Fair, I was impressed. I still don't care for the interior. Especially the AC vents above the console.
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #74
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Some 5th gen owners invested a lot into their cars, so that may also be a reason. Then even the ones that will upgrade may not be in a rush right now. I got mine this past summer, I was never planning it but we won a 2015 base camaro which I kept for a few months. Then wanted to see what deals could be had for the SS. Where I live, the best deal for a L99 with rs package was for around 34 after rebates. I was able to get employee discount that brought it down to high 31. I also got higher trade in value than Becky's dealer(albeit very close). So out the door it was around 14. If I waited for 6th gen, the value of the 2ls would go down. Then I'm looking at 40msrp with no rebates most likely. For 2016 i would get a 1ss with black spoke wheels, glow in dark black bowties, mrc and premium audio. That would run me 41-42 msrp. And I heard you can't have premium audio without going 2ss.

So now you're talking 43-44K with the options I want , I believe. Could be less. But will be at least 42. So then do the math, with depreciated trade in value I'm looking at least 24K difference plus taxes. It would cost 26K minimum out the door. That's close to double to updraging to 5th gen SS. So really this is matter of pricing.Then also its a first year car so some are hesitant. Largest factor is price.

So to answer your question, if I could I would.I'm not gonna make excuses or give myself reasons to prefer 5th gen. I love the 14-15 ss styling and the car is very fun to drive. However the 6th gen is a better car, it's no longer just a pony car it's become a sports car with good quality , fit and finish at the price. Nothing on market can match it at the price.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 08:41 AM   #75
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Some 5th gen owners invested a lot into their cars, so that may also be a reason. Then even the ones that will upgrade may not be in a rush right now. I got mine this past summer, I was never planning it but we won a 2015 base camaro which I kept for a few months. Then wanted to see what deals could be had for the SS. Where I live, the best deal for a L99 with rs package was for around 34 after rebates. I was able to get employee discount that brought it down to high 31. I also got higher trade in value than Becky's dealer(albeit very close). So out the door it was around 14. If I waited for 6th gen, the value of the 2ls would go down. Then I'm looking at 40msrp with no rebates most likely. For 2016 i would get a 1ss with black spoke wheels, glow in dark black bowties, mrc and premium audio. That would run me 41-42 msrp. And I heard you can't have premium audio without going 2ss.

So now you're talking 43-44K with the options I want , I believe. Could be less. But will be at least 42. So then do the math, with depreciated trade in value I'm looking at least 24K difference plus taxes. It would cost 26K minimum out the door. That's close to double to updraging to 5th gen SS. So really this is matter of pricing.Then also its a first year car so some are hesitant. Largest factor is price.

So to answer your question, if I could I would.I'm not gonna make excuses or give myself reasons to prefer 5th gen. I love the 14-15 ss styling and the car is very fun to drive. However the 6th gen is a better car, it's no longer just a pony car it's become a sports car with good quality , fit and finish at the price. Nothing on market can match it at the price.
I was with you until your last sentence. You lost me at: "It's become a sports car, 6th gen is a better car,
good quality, better fit and finish, etc." How do you know all that?
Old 11-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #76
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I was with you until your last sentence. You lost me at: "It's become a sports car, 6th gen is a better car,
good quality, better fit and finish, etc." How do you know all that?
Don't get me wrong my friend, I feel as if it's leaning more to the sportier international audience side than the muscle side. The 5th gen has more muscle character to it. And the 5th gen still has a very refined ride. But interior wise, new better chasis, overall 6th gen has better finish. I love my SS, just took her out since a couple weeks. Felt really well, I just need a place to legally break limits.

Last edited by RagingHawk; 11-01-2015 at 11:00 AM.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 10:54 AM   #77
RunningMn9

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS
As good a time as any for a first post.

I have wanted a Camaro for years, but family driving requirements prevented it. Kids are older now and my Camry was getting long in the tooth. I test drove a 2014 2SS and determined that now was the time. The only real issue is that I have to commute in the car about 30 miles each way, and I have to deal with about four months of snow and wintry nonsense. The V8 was impressive to drive, and as a second car a V8 with the manual transmission would have been a no brainer (some day). Oh, and about a third of that commute has a daily potential to be horrific northern NJ traffic.

So I was thinking that the V6 automatic would make more sense as a daily commuting vehicle (specifically the 2LS). I stopped at a Chevy dealer who had a 2LS in the color I wanted (black with the cyber gray rally stripe). Sticker was $26k and change. They dropped the price to $22k. And while they wouldn't drop the price and give me 0% financing, they did drop the price and give me 3.49% financing which is still pretty much free money.

How was I going to turn that deal down? So I could wait to pay more for a 2016?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RunningMn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #78
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The 6th gen will be better then the 5th gen. Will be faster....handle better and have a superior interior compared to the 5th gen. Imo it doesnt look as good but will have 7 or so years of tech advancement going for it. I myself still like the look of my car...but once the new camaro starts earning its respect on the track and street opinions will change im guessing.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #79
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
2015 stops production on Nov. 20. Why buy a 2015 when the 2016s will be out?

yugo troll at that!
Old 11-02-2015, 04:10 PM   #80
RB185AFM

Drives: 2014 Chevy Silverado
Cause I'm happy to take this to the grave with me.
Attached Images

RB185AFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:17 PM   #81
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I bought one because I LOVE the Green Flash!!!!!!
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:42 PM   #82
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Having owned a 14 1LE, I would no question buy another if the price was right. I'm never the first to go buy a new model when the price will likely still be close to retail or the leases or financing rates will not be incentivised.

I guess I could definitely see the struggle with not just spending the extra money and getting the latest and greatest though. The struggle is real!

Jared Royce
JDP Motorsports
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:44 PM   #83
Revrider550

Drives: 2015 1SS/RS
For me I wasn't willing to spend more/similar money on a slower car.... Coming from a 1LS a similar priced car would be the four banger. At the same time for what I got my SS for with the stellar rebates right now would have me in a '16 v6 most likely.

As others have said the 6th gen seems to be a beast numbers wise and I'm a decent fan in the looks department but with the price jump and inevitable lack of rebates for the first year a 15 made way more sense for me right now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Revrider550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:37 AM   #84
OmarSS

Drives: 2019 CMGM 1LZ Z06, R.I.P 2014 SIM 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB185AFM View Post
Cause I'm happy to take this to the grave with me.
That C7 looks so cute behind you!
OmarSS is offline   Reply With Quote