Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-22-2015, 05:40 PM   #71
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
I graduated college and did not get any girls pregnant.
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #72
Camaro310

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Fully loaded
V8
Camaro310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:00 PM   #73
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I have a second story, decided in the summer of 13 that I wanted an SS, started looking, found one in Virginia about 5 hrs away, kept tabs with the sales staff which assured me that it was there, drive all the way there for a black 13 1SS only to have them bait and switch me(never do business with the Chevy dealer in Woodbridge Va), was pretty disappointed and had all but given up my search til the next spring. the very next Saturday about 6 in the afternoon I log on to Autotrader like I had done hundreds of times and enter in the search criteria as usual and surprisingly a 2011 2SS in black with very low mileage shows up on a Ford dealership just south of here. the dealer closes til Monday and I just happen to have that monday off. show up the second the open up on that Monday and I am driving my nearly new Black SS home by 11. had 3975 miles on it when I drove it off the lot in November 2013. has 6204 today

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:29 PM   #74
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
This is the story behind how my car came to live with me.

We were in Home Depot one night buying a new faucet for the bathroom. I leave her in the aisle for a few while I go look at tools. When I return I notice a few more things in the cart. Being inquisitive I hold up a new toilet paper holder and ask "why do we need this, what's wrong with the one we have"? So my wife starts to explain, but all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher voice. When she is through I reply "Fine you can have your toilet paper holder", Then I leaned down toward her, lowered my voice to a whisper looked her in the eye, and said "but I'm getting a Camaro"! She said "fine do what you want". Up until that moment I had never mentioned a muscle car.

Two weeks later I learned that "Do what ever you want" has 2 completely different meanings between the two of us when I pulled into the driveway in a new 2011 2SS RS RJT w/GFX. To her it meant "whatever, you're not going to actually get it", while to me it was a big green light to do what ever I want. I told her I used some stock options and financed a little, and that it is costing me $34 a week. She reminded me that I told her we would one day build a room over the garage. That's when I said "Honey, when I said that we would build a room over the garage, it had the same meaning to me as do what you want did to you"! It was very quite and chilly at home for the next 2 weeks, but so worth it!
Attached Images

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #75
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
First off, I'm an old guy. But I've always have been a car guy. Back in 1971, I bought a 1969 Z28 setting along the railroad tracks in N. Chicago with no wheels for $1500. I was in Navy bootcamp and took the car home on the weekends to Iowa after I got into A school and fixed it and got it running. I drove that car coast to coast and even took it on my ship when we moved duty stations. Well I sold that car in 1976 for $2500! Yeah, stupid but who knew! Fast forward to 2012, I got it in my head to look for a CTSV Cadillac. I already own a Buick GN with a turbo so I wanted a supercharged car. So happens I ran across a local trade in Camaro with a after market supercharger for WAY less than a CTSV. Well heck, I can do that! Went and drove it bought it. I ironed out a few quircks and it's been a great car. My experience with my Gn has helped me to understand forced induction and tuning (21 yrs.). Also I drive my Camaro way more than I drive the GN...Don't know why because the GN drives perfect.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:46 PM   #76
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
One thing led to another…..
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #77
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
and i just want to add, in a single 2 week period last May, my husband's Silverado was stolen in the middle of the night, the Yukon's engine blew up, and my 2DMSEXI Pontiac Solstice GXP was destroyed outside my school. I had to walk to the dealership to pick up my Camaro.

True story.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 AM   #78
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Mine is a shameful story but, i moved on finally .

I'm sure i'll get some O___O wuhhhh...

Anywho, I had a gf who i dated for over 2+ years whom was my first serious relationship.. With that being said, I had a Nissan Altima 2010. I heard her new bf had a Chrysler 300, all chromed out... "etc".. ( she moved on.. one month after she broke up withme :/ ) With that being said.. I thought to myself.. I should step up my game and get a sports car... Early on during the break up, I hit the gym constantly began working on myself, and i went to look around for cars... Suddenly, I pass by the Chevy dealer with my brother and her friend.. We looked around and saw well.. My camaro that i now own. A 2014 2LT Manual v6 Deep magenta metallic, I didn't know how to drive manual lol.. I learned in 3 days or so since dad taught me, My friend that was with me and my brother during the purchase ( i traded in my Nissan Altima 2010 lol..) drove it home since me or my brother didn't know how to drive lol... Funny, how my female friend knew how to drive manual and neither did me or my brother didn't know lol... Any who...

Yep, that's how i got my car... Weird story huh lol...
ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 04:00 AM   #79
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
this was the first car i actually drove before i bought it in years.
i have one of those best friends that calls with "dude guess what im selling" always happens to be one of the cars i need. however the last one i have spent less than 10 min with in person and it was on jack stands. however it will make its first flight screaming across the lower 48 for my wedding this year. so i think i did good with the camaro, i drove it and i used the words "no" for my financial well being.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #80
quackertackr

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tintcoat
My wife has wanted a camaro since they came out in 2010. We went and looked at one but with 2 smaller children it couldn't be justified. Fast forward a couple of years and the wife has LOTS of medical issues and has to quit work. She is now disabled. Rewind to the previous years. She has always stood behind what ever vehicle I wanted and she even surprised me and bought me a Porsche (used 944) for my birthday one year. I bought a 2011 F150 ecoboost loaded out that she drove more than me. My son got his liscense this past year and she looks at me and says, "I can get my camaro now". We go look and test drive the V6 and we test drive a Mustang. My wife settled on a 1Lt but I couldn't agree to the price.
For the next few weeks I think about how much she has gave up to make me happy. I think about her never asking for anything. I also think about how a muscle car should have a V8. I look for the car she had built on the Chevy website but could not find one. When Chevy offered the 20% off I found one about 75 miles away exactly like she wanted. A 2015 CRT 2SS/RS with sunroof. I gave her the keys to my truck and told her to go get it. She negotiated the deal and got it for $33,000 before tradein. They gave me what I wanted for my truck and the price went lower.
I told her I would buy me a beat up truck to take the trash off. She stopped on the way home and surprised me with a new (beat up) truck
I drive the Camaro as much as I can, but I love to see the look on her face when she gets behind the wheel. She even tells me to take the car without asking.
quackertackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:08 PM   #81
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
I got mine on my 40th birthday. I wanted to feel 39 again!
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:49 AM   #82
sandmannn69

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT/RS crystal red TC
My son in the Air Force got transferred to Hawaii in 2012 for a 3-year stint (tough break). 3 months later I get an email "check out my new wheels, Dad!" with picture of what looked like to me a bright red '69 Camaro with some major body mods. I replied "Nice car, is that a '69? No, Dad, its a 2010!" WTF, they started making Camaros again? So now I'm seeing them everywhere and damn, they look good. Paid off the mortgage in late 2014 and found this fine-looking lady in Gilbert, AZ on Thanksgiving weekend. Been best friends ever since.

Last edited by sandmannn69; 03-28-2022 at 09:36 AM.
sandmannn69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #83
rwi2112
Green Manalishi

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro LT
My first car was a 1971 Green Camaro. Ugly dark green with an even uglier vinyl top. I wanted a Synergy Green Camaro every since I first saw one in 2010. I finally got to a place in my life where I could finagle an extra toy or two and decided to try and find one. I found a 1 owner 2010 with 14k miles on Cars.com and it was only a couple hours away. My wife said if I would sell my monster Blazer and a 50 Merc that my Dad left me in his will then I could get the Camaro. (pole barn is only so big) By the time I got my other vehicles sold the car had been transferred from Elizabethtown Ky. to Merrillville In. For those of you who don't know, that's freakin Chicago, 6 hours away. Well we took a day trip to test drive it and that's all it took. I've actually added more in aftermarket parts than I've made in payments so far Looking forward to meeting y'all in Bowling Green
rwi2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #84
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
I "needed" a new car. My father was driving me crazy and well, business was suffering from him being around. I leased my SS while I was in the process of acquiring the business from him. (he has his own company vehicle...equinox).

I pretty much said F*** it and got it off the lot, then 2 days later the recall came out and I had to wait over a month for it. I waited and got an awesome car. No regrets and my wife loves to drive it.

I left out the ugly details of the buy out of the business.

The dealer got to the point of calling me with an update, even if there was none (got a call from them while I was in Vegas just to say they were still waiting on the new key)! They were even willing to let me out of the deal if I wanted a Mustang or Challenger (or any car). They even reinstated "customer points" from the rewards program (about $600) that had expired over a year ago.

Customer service baby! It's all about the experience and the dealer came through when they didn't have to. GM also upped the ANTE after the recall and I walked out the door with $507 a month for a 2 year lease (company car) with no $$$ down.
Software Guy is offline   Reply With Quote