All I got to say to GM is:
Hahaha...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #74
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
These cars were so cool:
Attached Images

"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 10:16 PM   #75
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNVenom View Post
If they turbocharge the upcoming GN, I'm all in. My little turbo six from the 80's will beat every V8 showroom stock Camaro, including the supercharged version.

It easily destroys my 2010 SS.

So say what you will about V6, but the GN was the king of fast in those years, and the legend lives on.
The GNX was a different animal but as far as tested times etc I don't think this is true of a stock Grand National.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 12:14 AM   #76
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
I cant believe we lost the G8 GXP for this....

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:47 AM   #77
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Somethings are better off dead!!
Old 03-08-2015, 10:57 AM   #78
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
The GNX was a different animal but as far as tested times etc I don't think this is true of a stock Grand National.
Depends on the temperature. On a cold day even a stock GN was a 4 second car. I remember C&D posting a 3.9 0 - 60 on a sub 40 degree day. At least that is my recollection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
I cant believe we lost the G8 GXP for this....
You didn't lose the G8 GXP for any other reason than when the government asked GM to prove why they needed Pontiac and how much money they made from Pontiac, or even show a plan to make money from Pontiac, GM came up blank.

And besides, having driven and enjoyed a GXP, I can assure you the Chevy SS currently available is a far better choice.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM   #79
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
moved to General Automotive & Other Cars
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 04:21 AM   #80
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
Def don't want this to be real... Another Pontiac GTO situation in the making. The '87 GN is one car that I plan on owning someday, but a revived version will never live up to expectations
Agree. If GM made it look anything like that it would be just as big of a fail as the 04 GTO. I would hope GM learned its lesson from that car in that you can't put a iconic name on a car and have the looks not own up to it. The 04-06 GTO would have done a lot better with a new name. I do think GM will build another GN and GNX because they filed patents for the name recently. I just hope they make it look more muscle than Cadillac/BMW like the picture.

A few things I would like to see from a new GN and GNX is

-LF3 for the GN
-LF4 for the GNX
-black only
-2 door only
-ATS platform
-a exterior look that honors the name.
This would be a car I would buy.

The only deviation that I would accept from the original would be if they offered a 7 speed manual. They could then make a Regal or whatever on the same platform and offer it with all colors, 2 or 4 door, and all engine/trans choices that share the alpha platform. LF3 cars in other colors could be called turbo T or T type.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #81
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
I sure hope this isn't the actual design because it looks like a wanna-be BMW and nothing even hinting of the Grand National or GNX. Big mistake!
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #82
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Agree. If GM made it look anything like that it would be just as big of a fail as the 04 GTO. I would hope GM learned its lesson from that car in that you can't put a iconic name on a car and have the looks not own up to it. The 04-06 GTO would have done a lot better with a new name. I do think GM will build another GN and GNX because they filed patents for the name recently.
The 04-06 GTO was a car that very much lived up to the name in every aspect but one. It didn't appease the moron baby boomers. Everyone wanted a retro muscle car, similar to what we Camaro lovers got with the 5th gen. Instead, they got a car that looked like a Pontiac Grand Prix.

The GTO was a great looking car, had all the power you really needed (save for that terrible A4 transmission), and is still a well sought after car even now.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:19 AM   #83
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The 04-06 GTO was a car that very much lived up to the name in every aspect but one. It didn't appease the moron baby boomers. Everyone wanted a retro muscle car, similar to what we Camaro lovers got with the 5th gen. Instead, they got a car that looked like a Pontiac Grand Prix.

The GTO was a great looking car, had all the power you really needed (save for that terrible A4 transmission), and is still a well sought after car even now.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #84
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

Yup! Nice performer ! Just bland exterior that looks like a stretch cavalier to me.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote