Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #71
gpr

Drives: never fast enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
the whole point of this thread is that if GM makes a shorty header, or an exhaust or CAI it is virtually identical to other aftermarket manufacturers as far HP and Torque, why will it void your warranty? what if GMPP headers produce more HP than ARH? Is warranty safe? These parts are bolt on, there is no big difference in performance, so why GM are yours the only ones that don't void the warranty?????????????????????

'Our engineers are extremely good at identifying cause and effect of different parameters and we use this testing to help us develop our own systems.'

Sorry, why do the A/F ratio's vary so much on (at least the) L99's, are these 'different Peramiters"!!!!!!!!
You are wondering why the A/F ratios vary, and while we are on the topic many wonder why they are so rich as well. This is because the car was designed and programmed that way on purpose, not because GM engineers are dumb and don't know what they are doing or whatever else people like to say. All i hear is how GM messed up the tuning of the L99's and have them run 11's for a/f ratio's. There are reasons, one being the cat protection, along with many other reason i'm sure. they run them rich to not burn up your cats when some idiot runs his car for 5 minutes wot. There is a rhyme or reason why OEM manufactures do things, and its to dummy proof their engines against the general public as much as possible so they are reliable and last. Like stated before an OEM puts thousands of test hours into their products. Sure aftermarket places can produce parts that make more power, but the reliability won't be there. Its the trade off you make when you modify anything.
gpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM   #72
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
I have the GMPP "off road" axle back exhaust. It's actually a little on the aggressive side. It sounds just like the Borla axle back (the one with mufflers).

The GMPP "regular version" axle back exhaust is a litle more tame, but has a nice low sound to it.

There a sound clips of both floating around. But the video's really don't do either exhaust justice.
thanks!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #73
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOLT ON PARTS, AND THE ANSWER IS...........only GM parts can be used because the rest of the engineers around the country have designed parts that will destroy our GM engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #74
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BOLT ON PARTS, AND THE ANSWER IS...........only GM parts can be used because the rest of the engineers around the country have designed parts that will destroy our GM engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, that's spinning it the way you want it. Selective hearing. Pick what you want to hear and ignore the rest,.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:15 AM   #75
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Quote:
Hopefully your not planning on breeding anytime soon.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #76
GM4lyfe
A GM nut-swinger!

Drives: A Car
Quote:
You missed what everybody said and what a GM supplier said above. Take your time and re-read the post #58.
GM4lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #77
ttazzijr700

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS L99
how much hp would be gained at the rear wheels when combining the gmpp headers, exhaust and cai?
ttazzijr700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM   #78
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #79
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
how much hp would be gained at the rear wheels when combining the gmpp headers, exhaust and cai?
None.Lol. joke! joke! I'm wondering the samething too
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 PM   #80
chappy48

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto 2SS/RS
After briefly reading this I think he's complaining that GMPP components don't void the warranty in any way even though they do the exact same thing as aftermarket components from, say, Borla. The reason GM won't cover aftermarket parts made by another company is because they haven't tested those parts and they don't know how they were made or developed. However, basic bolt ons wont add any significant amount of "stress" to the engine or drive train. They were designed to handle a certain amount of hp and tq. And GM can't void your warranty unless they can prove that the part you added, caused the problem. Say you go in, cause your transmission is shot. You have a borla cat back on your car. They can't say, well the borla added stress to the transmission so you'll have to pay to fix it. The transmission was designed to safely handle a certain amount of hp and tq and bolt ons won't come anywhere near the numbers required to go over that limit. If that were the case then they could tell someone that simply by flooring it all the time we can void your warranty because your heavy foot caused the engine or transmission to go.
chappy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #81
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttazzijr700 View Post
Well I guess I will find out when my new ride gets here.
I already ordered all of the above mentioned parts when I ordered my car.

My dealer does however send the car to an OUTSIDE shop to do all the exhaust, the CAI, and the gfx..

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #82
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Talk to the guys down at your dealership about it.

That's what i did. They told me that i can do ANY modifications to the car, but if something goes wrong with the car and it's because of the certain mod that i did, the warranty will not cover it. My warranty won't void, they just won't fix that certain problem. I had them write that down and sign it because saying one thing could be something totally different. So i just made sure.
mcdoogle6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #83
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
the attached component is warrented by that manufacturer, headers, exhaust, CAI, whether GM or ARH, ALL added components STRESS the engine and transmission and rear end, Parts that have NOT BEEN MODIFIED, so GM headers add stress and GM warrents the internal engine components that are stressed. You add ARH headers and GM does not warrent the engine components that are stressed whether more or less stressed? You add headers and your transmission has a failure, so only if it was GM headers you get warrenty?

seems easy to understand. NOT.
This is the way I look at it. Maybe this will help. Let's say you invent something, patent it, put your name on it (1camaro70), and sell it with a warranty. With that warranty, you are telling the customer that bought your product that 1camaro70 will pay out of his/her pocket to fix/replace the product that the customer purchased if it develops problems within a certain amount of time. Now think about that for a moment and let that sink in. Pretend this is actually true and 1camaro70 is financially responsible for repairing/replacing the product that was sold to the customer....................OK. $10 says, 1camaro70 is gonna put tons of stipulations in this warranty to also protect himself/herself. I would certainly hope that 1camaro70 would not agree to fix/repair anything on the product that he/she did not design, create, test the piss out of until it was at least 99.99% effective, tried, and true themselves. I'm sure 1camaro70 would be damned if he/she was going to foot the bill for something that Edrock designed to enhance 1camaro70's product when Edrock is not affiliated with 1camaro70 whatsoever. It's not about what the enhancement does to the product, but all about the $ and who is responsible for paying for the repair/replacement. If 1camaro70 also offered similar enhancements that caused problems, should 1camaro70 be responsible, absolutely, because 1camaro70 is customer focused and stands behind THEIR products using THEIR R&D, THEIR design, and THEIR $ to get it to market. Why would 1camaro70 be responsible when the enhancement that was installed that caused the problem was designed and created by Edrock, Acme, or anybody else for that matter? I would say absolutely not.

Did that help?

Last edited by Edrock; 10-01-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #84
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
This is the way I look at it. Maybe this will help. Let's say you invent something, patent it, put your name on it (1camaro70), and sell it with a warranty. With that warranty, you are telling the customer that bought your product that 1camaro70 will pay out of his/her pocket to fix/replace the product that the customer purchased if it develops problems within a certain amount of time. Now think about that for a moment and let that sink in. Pretend this is actually true and 1camaro70 is financially responsible for repairing/replacing the product that was sold to the customer....................OK. $10 says, 1camaro70 is gonna put tons of stipulations in this warranty to also protect himself/herself. I would certainly hope that 1camaro70 would not agree to fix/repair anything on the product that he/she did not design, create, test the piss out of until it was at least 99.99% effective, tried, and true themselves. I'm sure 1camaro70 would be damned if he/she was going to foot the bill for something that Edrock designed to enhance 1camaro70's product when Edrock is not affiliated with 1camaro70 whatsoever. It's not about what the enhancement does to the product, but all about the $ and who is responsible for paying for the repair/replacement. If 1camaro70 also offered similar enhancements that caused problems, should 1camaro70 be responsible, absolutely, because 1camaro70 is customer focused and stands behind THEIR products using THEIR R&D, THEIR design, and THEIR $ to get it to market. Why would 1camaro70 be responsible when the enhancement that was installed that caused the problem was designed and created by Edrock, Acme, or anybody else for that matter? I would say absolutely not.

Did that help?

Probably not, that guy is too stubborn to listen to anything anyone says.

Its legit, you just need to fill out a bunch of boring surveys.
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote