Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-10-2016, 03:53 PM   #757
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I don't know if this will work or not, based on how difficult it is to type everything out, but if Cuda7050 would talk about this and say how he went about asking, etc., maybe we could help him figure out how to get test drives.

Thank you, I appreciate the offer, but at this point I am pretty pissed off about it and need to just cool off for a while.

My main reason for posting about this is because I know Chevrolet reps sometime monitor this site. As somewhat of a chevy diehard since I was 14 years old, I want to let them know some of their sales people are not pushing their cars very hard.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:12 PM   #758
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoto View Post
I don't know if this will work or not, based on how difficult it is to type everything out, but if Cuda7050 would talk about this and say how he went about asking, etc., maybe we could help him figure out how to get test drives.
I'm a white dude who went to the dealership with his wife [3 different Chevy dealerships] in the SoCal area. All three said 'oh we dont' let test drives without credit checks because too many kids trying to take joy rides.'

I respond that I'm 37 and do I like like I'm here for a joy ride?

They just shrug and say sorry...

The struggle to test drive these things is real.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #759
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda7050 View Post
I don't think sales figures are very good because Chevrolet dealers love the Camaro so much they want to keep them just for themselves. I have been rejected four times when requesting a test drive. Twice I was told "were getting ready to close" (it was 5:30 pm and the sign says they close at 6:00 pm), once I was told the owner wants the sales people to be stingy with test drives on the new Camaro and now my local dealer that I have bought five cars from just told me the car I had an appointment to drive today and has been parked on the back of the lot for three weeks was "not ready to test drive".

I have a high annual income and credit score over 800, yet no test drive for me? They must want to just keep these beautiful machines for themselves.
Ya dude that is fishy.. The dealership I went to told me no at first so I said fine i'll go buy one somewhere else and cut a check there. They chased me down before I could get out of the lot and asked me what color. While I understand not wanting to let everyone drive them... you'd have to be an idiot to buy a car without driving it first unless it's just a garage queen or some sort of decoration. The whole we close in 30 minutes thing so no thing is really baffling. You're there to sale cars, hell most of the cars i've bought have been "after hours" (I'm at my shop a lot so my hours are long). The only scenario I can think was maybe the local dealership that had the one car in the back for three weeks. Might have needed some recall/warranty work and really wasn't ready. The other dealerships though... I dunno
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 04:32 PM   #760
aestil

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestil View Post
I'm a white dude who went to the dealership with his wife [3 different Chevy dealerships] in the SoCal area. All three said 'oh we dont' let test drives without credit checks because too many kids trying to take joy rides.'

Quoting because I read this comment and it came across as unintentionally racist. I was actually pointing out that this struggle I'm having ISN'T due to some weird car-salesman racism, but rather that they just weren't letting people test drive the cars.

The statement I made sounds kinda gross when I read it back and apologies to anyone who may have been offended.
aestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #761
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
I don't think its a racial thing, just bad policies of the dealerships and lazy sales staff.

I closed the deal on my wife's Lexus at 12:30 in the evening. Those people in a nice respectful manner, would not let me leave until we had a deal.

The only other time I didn't get a test drive was when I wanted to test drive a Mitisubishi Evo, that is partly why I ended up with the Camaro.
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:53 PM   #762
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Quote:
Quoting because I read this comment and it came across as unintentionally racist. I was actually pointing out that this struggle I'm having ISN'T due to some weird car-salesman racism, but rather that they just weren't letting people test drive the cars.

The statement I made sounds kinda gross when I read it back and apologies to anyone who may have been offended.
Lol, white guilt, that's hilarious.

When I went to look at them, my sales guy literally started the car from inside the building then said let's go for a ride.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:01 PM   #763
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Right, but if the rebate and discount pricing are the same, wouldn't it work out to be the same payment? Think that was the point that confused Ford about the program's lack of success. Basically they said they wouldn't do it anymore (the friends and family event).
I see what your saying, credit score has a big effect on payment. The bank is looking at a financed number compared to retail. Most banks do not like financing 100% or more of the loan. What if the bank has to take the vehicle back? In other words, how much equity do you have? To the bank, they see down payment as a key to help get the vehicle financed. Some people require more down payment on the same car for the same price. Even at a set price, depending on credit score, a rebate can get the deal financed. For the record, I'm not a bank, just sold cars and had to deal with it.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #764
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Saw a little advertising tonight, there was a '16 on wheel of fortune. June will be interesting.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #765
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:

That is a shame. Not letting people test drive a car is basically sales prevention. Especially a sports car. The test drive is usually so emotional that it is what usually gets people to transition from just looking to becoming a buyer. I get that dealerships don't necessarily want to rack up miles on their inventory but that is the cost of doing business. If I were a salesman I would be taking folks for test drives all day long. Then, if they didn't want the car on the lot with a couple hundred miles on it then I would check incoming inventory or just place an order for a new one.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:48 PM   #766
MovieGuy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Geeze I was just looking at a Camaro while getting my oil changed. Salesman walks up and says "do you want to drive it?" I would still be driving my Mustang if he didn't say that.

Life after retirement
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 09:16 PM   #767
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieGuy View Post
Geeze I was just looking at a Camaro while getting my oil changed. Salesman walks up and says "do you want to drive it?" I would still be driving my Mustang if he didn't say that.
Exactly.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 08:35 AM   #768
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Don't worry guys I made a whole thread about one of the local dealers I went to and couldn't test drive. I mean it's a V6 Camaro around 30k. I'm not sure how they push product without test drives.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #769
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
Don't worry guys I made a whole thread about one of the local dealers I went to and couldn't test drive. I mean it's a V6 Camaro around 30k. I'm not sure how they push product without test drives.
Porsche had a commercial called "Compete" that featured a computerized version of Muhammad Ali.

Porsche has pulled the ad in respect for Ali's death. However, it is a fantastic commercial. Just saw it today.

Why can't Chevrolet come up with a similar ad campaign for the Camaro? Please don't start with any "The Camaro is not in the same league as Porsche" comments.

Check it out...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...g-muhammad-ali
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #770
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Porsche had a commercial called "Compete" that featured a computerized version of Muhammad Ali.

Porsche has pulled the ad in respect for Ali's death. However, it is a fantastic commercial. Just saw it today.

Why can't Chevrolet come up with a similar ad campaign for the Camaro? Please don't start with any "The Camaro is not in the same league as Porsche" comments.

Check it out...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...g-muhammad-ali
I thought that ad (Compete) was the ultimate form of respect to Ali. It's a mistake to pull it now.

GM has some great performance product in the Camaro SS, Corvette, ATS-V and CTS-V. An ad campain highlighting them as a group would be cool. World class performance for different personalities or needs.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote