#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 07-13-2016, 11:41 AM   #7449
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Purchased my first hand gun at a show this past weekend. A buddy of mine took me around and essentially said you want one that feels like an extension and is comfortable in your hand. I went 9mm due to availability (at least current day) and cost of ammo.

My primary reason for owning is to keep in the house for protection in a panic situation. I'm not planning on carrying at this point.

I'm starting with no experience at all and i'm assuming you'd all recommend learning to shoot at a local range. Any other tips/tricks or comments to help me get started?

learn to field strip and clean your gun. also see if your local gun range offers firearms training for a novice. ALWAYS REMEMBER THE 4 CARDINAL RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY
Always treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
Never put your finger near the trigger until you are ready to fire. Do not depend on any mechanical device for safety!
Always be sure of your target, and what is behind and in front of it.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #7450
SS Blinder

Drives: 2011 SS (Sparrow Spearer???)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I'm not aware of any Canadian provinces marketing and inviting Americans to move to Canada if Hillary is elected, only if Trump is. Unfortunately, if the offer is good only if Trump wins there not even a snowballs chance in hell anyone will be able to take them up on their offer.

Nova Scotia
Hell if Trump wins, I won't have to move, Sharpton will be going up there along with other folk who I don't care for!
Old 07-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #7451
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 Z/28 View Post
Hmm. My Mini-14 eats whatever I feed it and doesn't care if I don't clean it either. Perhaps go from the 30 to the 14?
Thats what i was actually looking for when i was gun shopping. The gun store i went to didn't have the 14, only the 30 and it was on sale. It was a nice price and a good looking gun so i got it. I didn't even know at the time that they made a 30. I tried Wolf, Bear, Tula and one other but i can't remember the brand. Didn't like any of them. Only brass and it can get pricey.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #7452
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Purchased my first hand gun at a show this past weekend. A buddy of mine took me around and essentially said you want one that feels like an extension and is comfortable in your hand. I went 9mm due to availability (at least current day) and cost of ammo.

My primary reason for owning is to keep in the house for protection in a panic situation. I'm not planning on carrying at this point.

I'm starting with no experience at all and i'm assuming you'd all recommend learning to shoot at a local range. Any other tips/tricks or comments to help me get started?
A lot of ranges offer beginner's classes. They'll teach you how to load, shoot, and maintain your firearm.

What did you end up getting?
Old 07-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #7453
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen

SS Blinder is on target with the safety rules always remember them, do those well and chances are you will not shoot yourself or anyone else.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #7454
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
Thats what i was actually looking for when i was gun shopping. The gun store i went to didn't have the 14, only the 30 and it was on sale. It was a nice price and a good looking gun so i got it. I didn't even know at the time that they made a 30. I tried Wolf, Bear, Tula and one other but i can't remember the brand. Didn't like any of them. Only brass and it can get pricey.
See if you can trade the 30 for a 14. Get a newer one with the tapered barrel.(580 series and newer) They eat any .223/5.56 you feed them as long as you use good mags.

Here's mine, a 581 series 16" tactical that I put in a older factory wood stock:

00 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #7455
Yippee38

Drives: '11 SGM 1LT/RS, '02 SOM Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Blinder View Post
learn to field strip and clean your gun. also see if your local gun range offers firearms training for a novice. ALWAYS REMEMBER THE 4 CARDINAL RULES OF FIREARM SAFETY
Always treat all firearms as if they were loaded.
Never allow the muzzle of any firearm to point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
Never put your finger near the trigger until you are ready to fire. Do not depend on any mechanical device for safety!
Always be sure of your target, and what is behind and in front of it.
Yeah. Good advice.

Also, if you plan to keep it for home defense, unload it and double-check that it is unloaded, then practice getting to it, and loading a(n obviously empty) clip either blindfolded or in the dark.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #7456
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Oh yeah snizzle, learn the difference between a clip and a magazine.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #7457
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Oh yeah snizzle, learn the difference between a clip and a magazine.
clips are for chip bags or hair and magazines are for the bathroom.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #7458
Tenring

Maybe this will help:
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #7459
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
anyone have experience with Trijicon RMR?

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/produ...justable%20LED

looking for Eotec replacement, AR platform. Aimpoint is an option, but the comp m4s is very expensive and not sure the architecture is what i want. I like my eotech for its extremely quick target acquisition, Trijicon RMR looks comparable.

If anyone has used one i'd love to hear your feedback.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #7460
Tenring

Quote:

looking for Eotec replacement, AR platform. Aimpoint is an option, but the comp m4s is very expensive and not sure the architecture is what i want. I like my eotech for its extremely quick target acquisition, Trijicon RMR looks comparable.

Not the RMR, but love my Reflex and ACOG.
I gave up my Eotech for a Aimpoint awhile back and have never regretted it.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:35 PM   #7461
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:

Can't speak to the Trijicon, but for the Aimpoint look at the PRO. It's a bit cheaper but still a very solid optic.
00 Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:45 AM   #7462
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:

Just picked up one of these... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Waiting for the guy in the brown truck.

Reviews are pretty good!!!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun