Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #701
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy speeder View Post
Stopped by the shop yesterday to say hi. Seen the cylinder head and that definitely had some issue's with the plugs burning them back. Missed the piston since it was already sent out.
I heard the plan which should kick this car up a lot. I'd love to throw in an auto and take my car for a rip down the track. Would probably make 1 pass with the power though on the stock shortblock.

Well, that's what I'd like to do but if the TVS doesn't sell it's going back on. This time with a bump in compression and a better cam. That with meth and some time invested in the tuning it should be fine.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #702
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBL View Post
Thats just not cool. Kinda makes you wonder if he seen it burning up on the dyno and shut it down then handed the car off to you to destroy on the track so he could say thats just how racing goes. I mean this is the same dude that destroyed a GM 454 on the stand then tried to blame GM.

I've heard this same thing from a few different people. I'd like to hope not but...........
Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #703
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
Didn't he say he had Christening today? He's probably piss drunk saying he loves everyone and is crying about his car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
No drinking for him. He hates everyone except for his dogs. Absolutely crying about car.

He's 66% correct

Don't drink

Hate everyone except my labs

Stopped crying about the car a long time ago. Prob after the first engine went up in smoke in Nov 2010. If I wouldn't take a 75% loss I would sell it in a heartbeat.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #704
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
An Irishman that doesn't drink?......thought I was the only one.
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #705
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris82xx View Post
An Irishman that doesn't drink?......thought I was the only one.

That makes two!
Old 11-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #706
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
The irony of that smilie is great.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #707
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Well, that's what I'd like to do but if the TVS doesn't sell it's going back on. This time with a bump in compression and a better cam. That with meth and some time invested in the tuning it should be fine.
It's not going to take that long to get that done. I know you don't want to wait until spring to try it out. You and pappy should load up the trailer with both cars and come on down to Bradenton for some winter fun. The is nice and has been recently repaved. You only need a half day of clear weather to get out of the snow belt and onto dry roads. Take a look.

http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

Just livin' life
Old 11-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #708
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
You know this thread is scaring me from purchasing a JRE smooth idle blower cam, a LPE twin pump, and ID850s. I have been using a JRE tune for a few years now and not any issues, but now I am second guessing with my next set of mods and tune.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #709
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanRacingHeader

I can't just post the dyno video so here's their link. It's Dan's fault as he gave me shitty instructions on how to do so.
Always Dan's fault never Jamie's. Very high price knowing you
Old 11-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #710
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
You know this thread is scaring me from purchasing a JRE smooth idle blower cam, a LPE twin pump, and ID850s. I have been using a JRE tune for a few years now and not any issues, but now I am second guessing with my next set of mods and tune.
It shouldn't scare you IMO. Of course its good to be aware of it but you also have to think Jamie/JRE was pushing this car to and past the limits. The harder you push the more problems your going to have, the bigger the problems will be. Like I said you should be aware of what has happened with Jamies car but this alone shouldn't scare you away.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #711
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
It shouldn't scare you IMO. Of course its good to be aware of it but you also have to think Jamie/JRE was pushing this car to and past the limits. The harder you push the more problems your going to have, the bigger the problems will be. Like I said you should be aware of what has happened with Jamies car but this alone shouldn't scare you away.
We weren't pushing my car past any limits. After it blew up in August I would never push anything past it's limits. It was even backed down to make sure it wasn't at the limit let alone push it past. If I was ever told point blank, "this is going to blow up on the first pass, I would say that something needs to be changed. No way in hell would I accept a car, that gets raced, that's ready to blow.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #712
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
With any major decision just do your due diligence. Lots of research. Not just on C5 but on all the other LS forums. We are very fortunate to have access to all sorts of info. My suggestion would be to use it. Send members a few Pm's. Most will shoot straight.

I'm changing out my smooth idle blower cam so when you're ready let me know. Maybe I'll still have it.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #713
Gary B

Drives: Subaru
I wasn't going to chime in on this because Ted certainly doesn't need anyone to stand up for him or defend his workmanship in his field after all he has accomplished, but I have to say, I have known him for over 30 years, and his commitment to excellence and his integrity for giving a customer the ABSOLUTE best package and performance he can should NEVER be questioned! The world of racing and pushing the limits of a vehicle is a tough one sometimes, but he would certainly not let any of his work leave his shop without informing the customer the limits and precautions he feels should be expressed. ANYONE reading these posts as well as the HUNDREDS of others about ALL the good things Ted and his guys have provided to help us enjoy our cars even more should clearly show there is NO need to worry about any mods they wish to perform or parts they may want to buy! The integrity of JRE should NEVER be questioned and I more than believe he has proven that over the years....as I said Jaimie, you should put this post to bed and start anew with your new endevour. Good luck with your car in the future, as you said yourself, its time to move on...
Old 11-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #714
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary B View Post
I wasn't going to chime in on this because Ted certainly doesn't need anyone to stand up for him or defend his workmanship in his field after all he has accomplished, but I have to say, I have known him for over 30 years, and his commitment to excellence and his integrity for giving a customer the ABSOLUTE best package and performance he can should NEVER be questioned! The world of racing and pushing the limits of a vehicle is a tough one sometimes, but he would certainly not let any of his work leave his shop without informing the customer the limits and precautions he feels should be expressed. ANYONE reading these posts as well as the HUNDREDS of others about ALL the good things Ted and his guys have provided to help us enjoy our cars even more should clearly show there is NO need to worry about any mods they wish to perform or parts they may want to buy! The integrity of JRE should NEVER be questioned and I more than believe he has proven that over the years....as I said Jaimie, you should put this post to bed and start anew with your new endevour. Good luck with your car in the future, as you said yourself, its time to move on...
As with everyone I welcome all the comments and opinions of other members. Please keep in mind that this thread is about my car and the facts that surround it. Everyone is entitled to speak and say whatever they choose but we are just trying to have a discussion on my car losing two engines in two months. What I would like to keep out of it is vendor reviews. Thank you.

Closed Thread