Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-13-2020, 01:19 AM   #57
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
bought at end of 2012 and have 180k+
Old 01-13-2020, 06:42 AM   #58
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom View Post

Damn!!!! Your driving that car! You should get a award for keeping and driving your Z! I bet there is not another member that has done what you have. Congrats!
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 11:23 AM   #59
VRZL113

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1, M6
Quote:
That's awesome!!!

All stock still? How is she running?
#3257 | 485whp 526wtq | K&N 63-3079 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:23 PM   #60
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
You guys that live up north like MN need to move south! I don't know how you can stand to have to store these cars in the winter. Your winters are longer than say ours here in Oklahoma. Where I live we had a rather warm winter here last year and so far the same this winter. Matter of fact today is the coldest we have had so far because we had some sleet this morning.Tomorrow is supposed to bounce back in the 50's so that is good. Anyway I guess if someone wanted a low mileage ZL1 he needs to look up in the northern states because they spend so much time in storage.
You bring up some good points. I know if I were down south my rides would have some serious miles on them by now. In a way, having the cars up here and locking them up allows me to apply discipline to their ownership. I can control how much they are used, and since my girls require supervision when they are out, I can mitigate any instance of tom foolery from careless, jealous and moronic onlookers. It is a bit of a catch 22; The silver lining is that I retrieve each of my girls the way they were put to bed (hopefully), clean, lean and ready to roll.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 02:40 PM   #61
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
You bring up some good points. I know if I were down south my rides would have some serious miles on them by now. In a way, having the cars up here and locking them up allows me to apply discipline to their ownership. I can control how much they are used, and since my girls require supervision when they are out, I can mitigate any instance of tom foolery from careless, jealous and moronic onlookers. It is a bit of a catch 22; The silver lining is that I retrieve each of my girls the way they were put to bed (hopefully), clean, lean and ready to roll.

LOL!! You should be a poet! Well said!
Old 01-13-2020, 05:57 PM   #62
ZL1 Maniac

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Red Hot M6
Quote:
Ding Ding ...We have a winner !!
ZL1 Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:33 PM   #63
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Been a while since I’ve been on here. I purchased mine new April 28th 2012. Has been fully modded. Cam, headers, 28% lower, 2.85 upper, e85, chiller, much more. 35,000 miles.

I still have her and plan on keeping it. It runs flawless.
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #64
lbls1

Quote:
LOL!! You should be a poet! Well said!
Lol....Thanks.

Old 01-14-2020, 10:52 AM   #65
1MtnGoat

Drives: '12 SIM ZL1, 1 of 49
Put down a deposit in September of 2011, Placed order in early 2012 and took delivery of #391 on April 10, 2012. Now has 81k on the clock. Carbon fiber hood insert replaced under warranty at 36K (flaking), SC also replaced under warranty at 41K (rattle). No problems other than rear tires not lasting. Many happy miles!
Under Hood - Painted strut bar ends w/custom Polished Stainless mounting hardware, E2 CC, RotoFab CAI, ZL1 underhood decal, Amsoil oil, Black billet strut covers, Metco pulleys, intercooler reservoir, JRE 75 RWHP package.
Chassis - Hawk ceramic brake pads, ZL1 wheel decals, Amsoil fluids
Interior - A pillar gauge pod w/Aeroforce Interceptor gauges, Polished ZL1 speaker rings, ZL1 mats and console lid, Custom GPS mount
Exterior - 3M clear bra, LED driving lights, PIAA Plasma Ion yellow fog lights, Window tint, CF bowties, Technostalgia sequential tail lights

1MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #66
StreetRage320
Those who need me got me

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
You guys that live up north like MN need to move south! I don't know how you can stand to have to store these cars in the winter. Your winters are longer than say ours here in Oklahoma. Where I live we had a rather warm winter here last year and so far the same this winter. Matter of fact today is the coldest we have had so far because we had some sleet this morning.Tomorrow is supposed to bounce back in the 50's so that is good. Anyway I guess if someone wanted a low mileage ZL1 he needs to look up in the northern states because they spend so much time in storage.
I get picked on a lot on here for my 2700 mile car. Everything from my car is a garage queen, I am ruining it, the gas is bad, my engine is bad, everything is going to condensate, it's going to rust, the cars were made to be driven, mice live in my car, I am just saving the miles for the second owner, blah, blah, blah..

the fact is I love the 5th gen ZL1, so I bought one. I wish I could drive it every day. I travel for work all over the country, so weekdays I am not home. October - March every day is out and any rainy days are out. So I only have nice weekends available to drive my car between April and September.

each winter the oil gets changed & filter, I drain the gas and put an entire full fresh tank of 93 + a stabilizer, at the very least it gets started monthly. It sits in a climate controlled garage, with slightly over-inflated tires on foam padding covered in carpet, I have already changed the diff fluid, and will likely do a complete fluid change in the next couple years.

I probably have 10 years until retirement, then there will be more time. However, I knew when I saw the gen 5 ZL1 that was the car for me. And I can honestly say there is not any other car anywhere near this price range that I would consider trading it for. And when I am 1000 miles from home I frequently click on Camaro5 or other web sites to get my Camaro fill.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:03 AM   #67
Bigtime53

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetRage320 View Post
I get picked on a lot on here for my 2700 mile car. Everything from my car is a garage queen, I am ruining it, the gas is bad, my engine is bad, everything is going to condensate, it's going to rust, the cars were made to be driven, mice live in my car, I am just saving the miles for the second owner, blah, blah, blah..

the fact is I love the 5th gen ZL1, so I bought one. I wish I could drive it every day. I travel for work all over the country, so weekdays I am not home. October - March every day is out and any rainy days are out. So I only have nice weekends available to drive my car between April and September.

each winter the oil gets changed & filter, I drain the gas and put an entire full fresh tank of 93 + a stabilizer, at the very least it gets started monthly. It sits in a climate controlled garage, with slightly over-inflated tires on foam padding covered in carpet, I have already changed the diff fluid, and will likely do a complete fluid change in the next couple years.

I probably have 10 years until retirement, then there will be more time. However, I knew when I saw the gen 5 ZL1 that was the car for me. And I can honestly say there is not any other car anywhere near this price range that I would consider trading it for. And when I am 1000 miles from home I frequently click on Camaro5 or other web sites to get my Camaro fill.
I agree with you about the 5th gen Camaro's as I to really think it is a lot of car for the money. I sold the other ones I had that I bought new {for reasons that is another story} but when I retired the first thing I did was find the Z I have now. I just could not go on without one! I looked for about 4 months before I found the one I have now. The options I wanted it to have was hard to find but when I did I feel like I got it at a good price. After I bought it and had it delivered {sight unseen until I got it} I was really happy with it. I try and drive it when the temp here gets above 50 degrees and so far that has been a lot as we have had just a few days the temp got below that during the day. But I have a good idea for you when you retire move south and enjoy that car more because you will have a almost new ZL1 Camaro to give you many miles of enjoyment.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:33 AM   #68
lbls1

Quote:

Nothing's wrong with a garage queen IMO. Its your car, you drive it the way you want to.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:40 AM   #69
VRZL113

Drives: 2013 VR ZL1, M6
Quote:

No need to explain yourself man. It's your car!!

My car is a garage queen in the winter months herself. I purchased her with a tick over 29k miles and now she has 34k miles nearly 2.5 years later. I do drive her in the winter but only in optimal conditions ie. no salt on the road, and not on the highway where tractor trailers will sling anti skid at my paint!! lol

Sometimes I wish I purchased a super low mile ZL1, but none were available when I was looking. Now I feel they are all over the web.... no doubt due to the 6th gen ZL1. At the same token, I'm glad the previous owner daily drove her.... he took care of the supercharger warranty issue prior to my purchase, and the exhaust packing issue on the early NPP's
#3257 | 485whp 526wtq | K&N 63-3079 | Gates K080660HD (Green Belt) | ACDelco UPF48R | ZL1 Addons Wicker Bill | Mild2Wild
VRZL113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:59 AM   #70
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
I can understand discipline lol .. I bought. 2015 last weekend with only 18k miles only got to drive it home to put it to bed ,couldn’t even activate boost !! Nothing sucks more than walking by it everyday ..
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote