Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #57
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
I currently own a 5th Gen (Z/28) but I think the 6th Gen is an amazing car. I happened to see two in the wild this morning - a black LT and a NFG SS. Both looked really amazing and I will own one soon.

There are many, many things I love about my Z/28 and nearly all of them are mechanical. But the styling of the 6th gen has really grown on me so I hope to see a 6th or 7th gen Z/28 if I don't end up with a ZL1 instead.

And while that Krypton ZL1 makes me drool, a black ZL1 is even better!
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:45 PM   #58
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
@BuckeyeROC

Even selecting the right LPO options can really make an impact. I did the fascia extension, blade spoiler, hash marks, clear markers and black tail light. The black third light is ordered to complete the look. All Chevy parts
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #59
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
It's interesting how the narrative has changed here. Now fleet sales are a big deal. Where was this concern in the past? Oh you guys...
Lol. Camaros fleet sales have always been less so how has it changed?

Try looking at the big picture, not the one that agrees with your opinion
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #60
Raven87
C'mon- really?

Drives: Looking for a ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
@BuckeyeROC

Even selecting the right LPO options can really make an impact. I did the fascia extension, blade spoiler, hash marks, clear markers and black tail light. The black third light is ordered to complete the look. All Chevy parts
SHARP car! I really like the fascia extension in particular - adds a very aggressive look to it.
2018 Camaro 2SS 1LE Black #3805 - SOLD
Raven87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:42 PM   #61
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven87 View Post
SHARP car! I really like the fascia extension in particular - adds a very aggressive look to it.
Thanks. I drive the car daily, including winter, and no damage. I had the extension wrapped in Xpel and its high enough not to scrap. I generally back in while parking to avoid bumping it.

I have a serious LS7 crush and would love a Z/28 as a toy. Black Z/28 is sick!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
Old 06-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #62
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Thanks. I drive the car daily, including winter, and no damage. I had the extension wrapped in Xpel and its high enough not to scrap. I generally back in while parking to avoid bumping it.

I have a serious LS7 crush and would love a Z/28 as a toy. Black Z/28 is sick!
I was debating whether to drive mine in Winter or not do you get a lot of snow where you are and did they use road salt. If so how did it handle it snowy slushy condition?
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #63
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
I was debating whether to drive mine in Winter or not do you get a lot of snow where you are and did they use road salt. If so how did it handle it snowy slushy condition?
I'm in Wisconsin so yes to both. I drove it in heavy snow and salt many time. I picked up a second set of rims and put Pirelli Sottozero winter tires on. Absolutely no problem in deep snow. Picture shows stock and Sottozero

The front fascia, extension and hood are wrapped in Xpel and have zero damage. One small chip on the A pillar where there is no wrap.

I bought this car to drive. In 5 years it will be another used SS so I'm going to run the wheels off of it.
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -
Old 06-02-2017, 03:36 PM   #64
triggerjerk

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
All of the dealers in my area are bursting at the seams with loaded 2SS cars pushing $50k sticker prices. I don't see them moving any time without incentives.
triggerjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #65
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
I'm in Wisconsin so yes to both. I drove it in heavy snow and salt many time. I picked up a second set of rims and put Pirelli Sottozero winter tires on. Absolutely no problem in deep snow. Picture shows stock and Sottozero

The front fascia, extension and hood are wrapped in Xpel and have zero damage. One small chip on the A pillar where there is no wrap.

I bought this car to drive. In 5 years it will be another used SS so I'm going to run the wheels off of it.
Right on man I think I may do the same thing
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #66
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post
All of the dealers in my area are bursting at the seams with loaded 2SS cars pushing $50k sticker prices. I don't see them moving any time without incentives.
Unless they have 6-pistion brakes or the $2k rim upgrades, there is no way a 2SS coupe will sticker $50k.

I have every LPO and RPO option available (other than those) and mine didn't hit $50k. Look at my signature and add foot lights, floor mats, cargo net...

Also, if you can't knock $3k off the top, you aren't trying very hard.

Ronald Reagan -
Old 06-02-2017, 04:57 PM   #67
tman0327

Drives: 1981 Camaro Z28/1979 Camaro +5more
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerjerk View Post

Exactly what I say, they all like to bs you and dance around the price, no real incentives from Chevrolet,....
tman0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:37 AM   #68
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
cccccccccccccccc ccccccccccccccccccccc

VCSRT
Drives: Jeep - lol
There's a reason for that, 3 of the 4 Camaro's I have tried to buy required warranty work before even leaving the lot.
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 01:43 AM   #69
VCSRT

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Unless they have 6-pistion brakes or the $2k rim upgrades, there is no way a 2SS coupe will sticker $50k.

I have every LPO and RPO option available (other than those) and mine didn't hit $50k. Look at my signature and add foot lights, floor mats, cargo net...

Also, if you can't knock $3k off the top, you aren't trying very hard.
There's 1SS's stickering for $46k.... Just sayin'.
VCSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 06:44 AM   #70
hotlap

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSRT View Post
There's 1SS's stickering for $46k.... Just sayin'.
Yeah. Chevy calls it 1SS 1LE. The greatest performance bargain of all time. Just sayin'
Attached Images

Ronald Reagan -