Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #57
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
tail gaters......
Old 03-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #58
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Mission accomplished squawk cant figure out wtf is happening........now its a party.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #59
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
and 323 for the LFX. anyhow, if people ask me why I got a v6 (only happened once or twice in the 5 years I've owned it) I tell them the truth. get in enough trouble in the V6.

as far as grinding the gears, only one thing that does that. Slow drivers. doesn't matter if it's the asswhole driving 10mph below the limit in the left hand lane, or the jerk pulling a train down a 2 lane rd you can't pass on. nothing irritates me more than being forced to drive the speed of the slowest prick on the road who's completely oblivious to anybody else.
I agree on the slow driving part but I will take it one step further. If you are in the left lane and someone wants to go faster than you. get over. I don't care if I'm going 100mph if someone wants to go 105mph , I will get over.
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:01 PM   #60
JKiss45

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
My wife.....

literally unteachable when it comes to driving a manual. My clutch shutters when she stands near the car.
JKiss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 09:14 PM   #61
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiss45 View Post
My wife.....

literally unteachable when it comes to driving a manual. My clutch shutters when she stands near the car.
Not giving me much confidence in teaching my wife to drive a manual for this summers drive. I hope she masters it, if not new clutch.... ect... Hopefully not new tires...
Old 03-10-2017, 09:19 PM   #62
JKiss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n View Post
Not giving me much confidence in teaching my wife to drive a manual for this summers drive. I hope she masters it, if not new clutch.... ect... Hopefully not new tires...
Mine can do it, she just freaks out and starts crying while going 30-40. Doesn't help she can't see out of the car either! Too short lol.
But on the upside, it means I'm the only one driving it
Old 03-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #63
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKiss45 View Post
Mine can do it, she just freaks out and starts crying while going 30-40. Doesn't help she can't see out of the car either! Too short lol.
But on the upside, it means I'm the only one driving it
Whan I had my 69 Chevelle my wife would empty a half tank of gas driving locally. I had a transgo shift kit (AUTOMATIC) lol... in it a built top end.
I was like where did you go... She was like man the shift from first to second barks the tires... She complains about how I drive but you put that little devil behind my car and its new tires every other month... ... I am crying now... and I am not even driving....
Old 03-10-2017, 09:35 PM   #64
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
My ex did great when I taught her to drive a stick, but she hates, hates, hates it. So she never drove any of my cars, but at least she can if it comes to it.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:20 AM   #65
JKiss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
but at least she can if it comes to it.
That's all I want. Her to be able to drive in a pinch. But I don't think it'll ever happen.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:28 PM   #66
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
What do you think those left lane idiots are thinking about all the time? You know they get flashed and tailgated and passed on the right all the time, yet they continue to drive that left lane like it's a mission from God or they get some sort of left lane per mile stipend or something.

My solution has been to fall back and let the whole situation works itself out and go forth when there's a clear path. I've given up on flashing lights, passing on the right has become dangerous in a lot of situations etc....
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #67
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
People walking their Poodles in the neighborhood and hear a little intake and exhaust and just assume you're
breaking land speed records. If I want to get to the speed limit really quick, don't stand in the street flaling your arms like my karma ran over your dogma!
Old 03-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #68
CamaroFred

How about drivers who just can't keep up?

The light turns green, 10 cars pull away, this guy can't keep up. I mean, they are going the speed limit. His interval never ceases to grow.

So you scope the next signal and it's green. The first ten cars go through the green, this guy slows a bit more and we get to sit through another red.

What can they be thinking when they slow for a green signal. Me, I want to go through it and would speed up a bit. If he just kept up with the other cars we could drive right along, efficiently going through the greens with the timers/counters.

But no, they want to sit and look at the gas station on the corner I guess.
They can't be concerned about MPGs or brakes, 'cause stopping, sitting, and starting again can't save you any.

But I learned long ago, there is no sense trying to push them. Maintain your interval.

People are all different and will drive differently. You probably drive differently on your way to work than when you are going out for dinner.

And you never know what can be on their minds. Did a cat just die? or "I have to get the sink fixed before the wife gets home." to "I just get in line and go there." or "What the hell am I doing here..."

All sorts of things are more important to most people then driving. It can be frustrating to enthusiasts. But, it is what it is. That's why they put radios and cupholders in cars. Or is it the radio and cupholders that make people so complacent?
Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 PM   #69
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
People walking their Poodles in the neighborhood and hear a little intake and exhaust and just assume you're
breaking land speed records. If I want to get to the speed limit really quick, don't stand in the street flaling your arms like my karma ran over your dogma!
A long time ago, '76 IIRC, my brother is driving his 440 GTX around the block in 1st gear with a 4.10 screw. So we are going like 15MPH but the motor is 3,000 RPM.
So this lady with two small boys (who weren't even out at the time) comes out screaming. We pull into our drive and are just messing with the car a bit and the same woman has her Caddy floored, right rear skipping off ice patches so she's getting chirps, must have hit like 40 in a 25. I guess she showed us.
Little did she know that we had an LEO that was hell bent on catching my brother in a drag race. So he would often sit around the corner to follow my brother when he would leave home.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:59 PM   #70
CamaroFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Another story just entered my mind. Since you brought up dogs.

A new family moves in. A couple with two young boys, like 5-6 yo. Corner house, so you can't miss it when you pull in our subdivision. Had been empty for a while from foreclosure, so it was good to see someone move in.

They buy a big-ass dog, don't ask me what kind, but the SOB weighed more than the boys. Apparently the old man didn't take that into consideration when he sent the boys out to walk the dog.

So I am slowly passing them with room to spare and the animal lunges at my right front. I jerk the wheel to the left.
Next evening, the same thing happens.
The third night I cut the wheel hard right. F'kn dog yelped so loud everyone in the neighborhood turned to look.
Never saw that dog again. No one complained.