Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 09-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #57
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK MARO View Post
I have a 2006 supercharged solstice. love the car its really fast since i put the supercharger on and handles really well. does burnouts pretty easy now. heres some pics.

Looks Just Great!

As some people have stated too bad the production line could not have been kept and transferred over to Chevrolet. However GM had to sell off Pontiac, Hummer, Holden, Saturn and Saab. They could not take some of the more popular lines into Chevrolet, Cadillac and Buick otherwise it would weaken the sale. However, since no-one seems to have purchased the the Pontiac and Saturn lines, perhaps they will remain unsold and GM could somehow reinstate some of the popular lines, without restarting the entier division.

Last edited by ECCamaro; 09-23-2012 at 12:10 PM.
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #58
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Just saw a Pontiac Vibe at the local market, a woman about 184 yrs old was driving it.

Wasn't that car hyped for the young, with all kinds of outlets for I-pods and crap like that?

Also, wasn't that a joint venture with Toyota, badged as something else?
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:59 PM   #59
swiftdog01

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
Just saw a Pontiac Vibe at the local market, a woman about 184 yrs old was driving it.

Wasn't that car hyped for the young, with all kinds of outlets for I-pods and crap like that?

Also, wasn't that a joint venture with Toyota, badged as something else?
You are correct. The Vibe and Toyota Matrix were the same car.
swiftdog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #60
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
I was sad to see Pontiac go. Its the way of things though. Hopefully GM as a whole can stay strong and convince America to buy GM. It starts at the dealer though, quality of service sells more cars then anything else.
People stop buying a brand if the dealer doesn't deliver as promised by sales when it comes to service.
I have a 2006 HHR thats a real lemon, but the dealer always treats us fairly and does repairs at a decent cost. We need to squeeze another year out of it before replacing it with another car. Right now we are looking to get my wife a volt or maybe even a GMC truck. We will see what GM has to offer for 2015 models.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:23 AM   #61
babytiger
it's hers...

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I owned a 2000 grand prix, put 235,000 miles on it and never put a wrench to it (exclude battery, tires, maintenance etc). The 3.8 was bullet proof. R.I.P
babytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #62
cosmos366

Drives: 2004 GTO
I'll be hanging on to my Pontiac for a long time...

Old 09-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #63
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytiger View Post
I owned a 2000 grand prix, put 235,000 miles on it and never put a wrench to it (exclude battery, tires, maintenance etc). The 3.8 was bullet proof. R.I.P
I am just amazed of the amount of Grand Prix's I see on the road. From about 1997 to 2008, 6th and 7th Gens. And they are good looking cars too. It would be interesting to know the sales numbers from these years.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #64
SEOhioSS

Drives: 2011 Synergy 2SS/RS M6
If Pontiac was still around i would be driving a Pontiac not a Camaro and I work at a Chevrolet Dealership. My family are huge Pontiac folks. We still have lots of them so it was sad for me to see them go even though i understand the business decision in shuttering the brand.

I hope to one day see more new Pontiac's, but i don't think that realization will happen anytime soon.
SEOhioSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #65
purkel

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
When I found out Pontiac was done and gone, I actually said "about time" to myself.

I love the 60's and 70's pontiacs, but I felt like they really lost themselves during the 80s, 90s and early 2000's.

They had a few nice sports cars, but the terribad sedans, SUVs and minivans they produced really ruined the brand.

I still cant wrap my head around how some of the styling was approved and signed off on... I know several car manufactures (mostly the US companies) had terrible styling at the same time, but Pontiac seemed like the worst to me.
purkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:00 PM   #66
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
I like what Buick has done to revitalize their lineup but I still think it should have been them, and not Pontiac who got put on the chopping block.

Sent from my webOS Touchpad using Tapatalk 2
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #67
JoansDriver
Hoser Orange

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROndrey View Post
I like what Buick has done to revitalize their lineup but I still think it should have been them, and not Pontiac who got put on the chopping block.

Sent from my webOS Touchpad using Tapatalk 2
Buick gets a lot of business from the rental car sector. At least that was my understanding why they survived, while Oldsmobile and Pontiac did not.
JoansDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #68
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Buick also has one of the best brand loyalties in the biz. Plus, Buick's quality rating has been much better against anyone, including other GM brands, even when they had all of them before the meltdown.

Once when I was at GM Customer Service I had to call a Buick dealer that had a Chevy car that had broken down in the middle of nowhere and Buick was the closest GM service bay. I remember calling and telling the service mgr I was from Chevy service, he stated, "oh I'm sorry for you"..........was an intense rivalry, probably still is. It was so bad, that even their databases were different. I learned on the CBK lines, Chevy, Buick, Kadillac. I was sent over to work the Olds service line and I needed 3 days to learn their system before I could input data. By the way, that was all Ross Perot's database that he sold to GM before they threw he off the board and paying him millions to go.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:38 PM   #69
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyko1 View Post
As far as a complete independent division goes, probably a real long-shot. It would have to be sold at other GM divisions dealers, perhaps at a Chevy dealership. Then it would have to be serviced there as well.

I too sure miss the Pontiac brand, it was the "we build excitement" brand. However, as many things GM, it kind of got lost, instead of building excitement, it starting building the Aztec and Montana minivan.

GM could brand some Camaros a Firebird and service it at Chevy, heck that aint much of a stretch of what was happening in the heyday. GMC has been working hard at differentiating itself from Chevy trucks since 1999 when GMC became "professional grade". But they basically are still the same truck, built on the same line.
They don't have to be serviced at a Chevy dealer. The current ones don't. If they did, that would be a deal breaker for me. No Chevy dealer will touch a car of mine again.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #70
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I still see those little Solstice cars driving around or sitting in a lot somewhere & think those are sweet little cars. They could rebrand those as a Chevy (or even a Buick or Cadillac) like Dodge did with the Neon. And yeah, I know it would compete in a way with the Vette & Camaro but to me it is a totally different car appealing to a different consumer desire.
I had 3 Solstices. Fun cars, when you could keep them out of the shop. Horrible quality control and engineering.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote