Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 10-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #57
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Well I'm glad to see it is not just me. I totally do not understand this trend to make vehicles look like they came in a box. At their very best SUV's are pretty square but they used to have some defination, some curves here & there........................some character. I just don't like the boxy look.

The inside looks nice though.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #58
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Well I'm glad to see it is not just me. I totally do not understand this trend to make vehicles look like they came in a box. At their very best SUV's are pretty square but they used to have some defination, some curves here & there........................some character. I just don't like the boxy look.

The inside looks nice though.
I see nothing wrong with boxy SUVs and curvy crossovers. It makes much more sense than curvy SUVS and boxy crossovers.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #59
Rapid Runner

Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
Hmm.. Yeah, the Escalade shouldn't have came with a column shifter nor should it have came with a counsel shifter as well... Should have came with a shift knob instead! Like the new Rams and Ranges
Rapid Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #60
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Runner View Post
Hmm.. Yeah, the Escalade shouldn't have came with a column shifter nor should it have came with a counsel shifter as well... Should have came with a shift knob instead! Like the new Rams and Ranges
+1 i dont know why any manufacturer is still using a lever.. as if when we get in the vehicle it's like sitting in a chair in front a slot machine..
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #61
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
wow they still make land cruisers
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #62
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
1st you have to keep in mind that executing a GOOD electronic shift is very difficult.

Please tell me what you do when the battery is dead and you need to shift your car for a tow? Anyone?

You can do it the "cheap" way and just put a box under the hood on the transmission that simply does what the lever does, push and pull on a linkage or cable. Or you can do it the expensive way and put it in the transmission. In either case getting a car into or out of PARK with no power is a problem and not a cheap one to overcome. So if you are making a great vehicle and the large part of you customer base isn't asking for it, spend the money for what they are asking for, a class leading interior and a dramatic exterior.

2nd ask you customer base what they want and don't want. You guys fall into the trap of because you think it's bad everyone must too. Me on a vehicle like this, I could not care much less. That doesn't make it right or wrong. Just a choice.

3rd, if you use the shift lever as the reason to not like this vehicle........................GM has a huge success on it's hands. Every forum I've read, that's about the only complaint and it's usually from the people that like to bash GM. And the shift lever is the best they can come up with. So that just tells me GM has a big hit coming with this product.

Frankly the only real concern is simply that it remains body on frame. That will always make it hard to compete for ride and handling in the segment. But for 90% of the buyers that extra layer of isolation only adds to the goodness.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #63
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Seriously, the shift lever is the least of GM's worries with these SUVs. It's nit picking at its finest.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #64
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Rear lights just ain't cutting it for me. What...the...hell...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #65
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Aerodynamics are tricky, they aren't something that can be sorted out by looking at a handful of pictures. There are elements that can look sleek, but add drag. There are elements that look drag-inducing, but actually help. Sometimes an element will have barely any effect. And keep in mind that the co-efficient of drag comes from how all those bits and pieces interact with each other. A small increase in local drag, can (sometimes) improve things downstream by an even greater amount. On top of that, there are also styling tricks to make you think something looks one way (big & block, for example) while actually being reasonably aerodynamic.
Cars with better drag coefficient than our 5th gens (at .37): 1976 AMC Pacer (.32), 1948 Tucker 48 (.27), 2004 Caddy CTS (.31), 1992 Crown Vic (.33), 1996 Goe Metro Hatch (.34), 2007 Toy Sequoia (.35).... cars with WORSE coefficient than our Camaro: 1989 Mazda Miata (40).... 1989 Nissan Skyline (.40)... 1974 Lambo Countach (.42)... 1996 Dodge Viper (.45)...

Ya damn sure can't tell just by looking.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #66
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
When is Cadillac going with their new emblem? Wouldn't the '15 Escalade be the good first choice?

(Or have they rethought that bad idea?)
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #67
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
When is Cadillac going with their new emblem? Wouldn't the '15 Escalade be the good first choice?

(Or have they rethought that bad idea?)
Probably will do it on the Omega platform flagship sedan. The CTS is out now, the ELR will go on sale in January, the Escalade will hit next spring, and the ATS coupe and ATS-V will probably be around that time too. So far all of those have the regular wreath and crest logo, so I'm guessing they're saving it for the flagship sedan.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #68
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
wow they still make land cruisers
This amazes me no one realizes this
Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #69
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
They barely sell any of them last I checked.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #70
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
They barely sell any of them last I checked.
just priced one too. 74,000