Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 PM   #57
raw_shark

Drives: Black '13 SS 1LE
What a waste of a great car. Did you not do ANY research before you bought it?

Maybe someday they will design a car that runs on tears. Then OP will be set.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:35 PM   #58
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
No troll, he has posted similar things in other threads about his 1LE. I live in Minnesota and we have just as bad roads as he does in Canada. My 1LE rides much better than my 05 Z51 Corvette did, I don't find the ride harsh at all.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
No troll, he has posted similar things in other threads about his 1LE. I live in Minnesota and we have just as bad roads as he does in Canada. My 1LE rides much better than my 05 Z51 Corvette did, I don't find the ride harsh at all.
If I'd have known that the 1LE was coming, I'd have waited for sure. Oh well. I still love mine.

Side note: I used to manage the Advance Auto Parts just north of the Target in Savage. Now my buddy Jared (who I hired just before I quit) does.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:45 PM   #60
MikeInAZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE, AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I can't believe you guys already blew up three pages with absolutely NO response from the OP. He's gotta be trolling.

Unreal on part of OP... He's probably one would have bought a lifted 4 Wheel Drive Truck then complained it sat way too high and had crappy gas mileage...

Roto-Fab CAI, #8 Fuse Pull, 1LE Emblems, misc cosmetic changes, and a mod list that is a mile long.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #61
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
He (the OP) did a pretty good job of getting us all riled up though, didn't he?

Shows how much we all love our cars... We defend them as we would one of our children. Heck, it is my 5th child!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
So I was just reading the posts in this thread

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351690

about the lousy crappy tire life they are getting with their 1LE's and not a single person seems to be disappointed in lots of tire wear after only 10,000 miles.

Some advice for people thinking about buying a 1LE : Don't. The 1LE is fun on a specially made smooth track (which I guess is why they call it "track ready", but in the real world which will be 99.999% of your time, you may end up as disappointed with it as I am.

The ride is rock-hard and any fair sized bump in the road is LOUD and harsh. The gear ratio is so low it gobbles up more gas than you would expect, forcing you to start off in 2nd gear or at least shift from 1-3-5 in normal city driving. (Yes I know its geared for racing). The ride becomes downright dangerous when the temperature drops below 7^c (about 40^f) because those "F1 Eagle Super Tires" (LOL!) turn to cement making the ride not only even harder and louder, but downright slippery even on dry pavement. I had to gently accelerate from red lights just to avoid spinning the rear tires.

Currently my 1LE is a heated garage for the winter but selling to the first buyer who offers me a fair price. http://montreal.fr.craigslist.ca/ctd/4411943696.html

The 2SS RS is a great mix of speed, handling and comfort and I recommend that model for any Camaro lover. But the 1LE? Think twice.
Scott Settlemire said in so many words that the 1LE was a car for (IIRC) only 2% of the buyers, presumably meaning potential Camaro buyers and not just random people looking at any car model at all. Obviously, you're a 98%-er who didn't understand that. Maybe you just checked off one box too many on the order form?

I doubt you have any idea what a "rock-hard" or "harsh" ride is really like. But if you really want to educate yourself on this matter, track down somebody with a Japanese import that has just recently been fitted with Tokico Illuminas that have all been set to '5' (aka full stiff). Then go hunt down all the potholes and railroad grade crossings where the tracks sit above the pavement level that you can find and report back with your revised estimation of where the 1LE falls on the scale of ride quality. Hell, a ride in my car with the rear shocks dialed all the way up and driven over similar pavement would probably be enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I agree he could have said it better than he did. I can understand when someone buys something they later regret because it did not meet their expectations to say things they wouldn't normally say out of anger.
I'm just saying let him blow off steam a little, everyone needs to vent sometimes.
Long as he blows that steam off in the right direction, fine. Too bad he missed there, too.

To presume that his wants and preferences in a car should overshadow those of others by offering uncompromising negative advice ("Some advice for people thinking about buying a 1LE : Don't.") is pretentious and downright insulting to the people who bought this car knowing what it was and who enjoy it. And nearly as obnoxious to people who would buy one knowing what it's all about going in, and those (like me) who would modify their more mainstream-trim cars in precisely the 1LE direction as well.

I hope OP does a better job of "measuring twice, cutting once" on his next car-buying go-around.

Norm
Old 04-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #63
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
If he didn't know what a 1LE was B4 ,he knows now . I'm sure he will be able it to sell it and get something that fits his needs .
Old 04-08-2014, 01:11 PM   #64
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInAZ View Post

Unreal on part of OP... He's probably one would have bought a lifted 4 Wheel Drive Truck then complained it sat way too high and had crappy gas mileage...
I Lifted my 99 GMC oh boy that was a mistake Looked awesome and went through the snow like a beast. But it just kept eating up hub assembles and u joints and CV joints. I guess it didn't like all that change in the drive line angles and those 35" tires. Glad I did it once was fun but I wont do it again.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM   #65
1LE 2NV

Drives: '14 Summit White 2ss 1le Rs Npp Nav
Wow look at all the attention. I remember the criticism the 14 refresh got from member. The bashing. Haaaa. Suck it up just, its just an opinion
Old 04-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #66
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
It's like being married to a super model nymphomaniac, then complaining that everyone is always looking at her and all she wants to do is have sex.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #67
1LE 2NV

Drives: '14 Summit White 2ss 1le Rs Npp Nav
Lol.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #68
XxScottxXN
Huge Chevy Fan

Drives: 14' 2SS/RS 1LE built 4/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
If he didn't know what a 1LE was B4 ,he knows now . I'm sure he will be able it to sell it and get something that fits his needs .

Yep...a cute little pink Prius..with some awesome graphics on the sides of dolphins..that gets 30+mpg...sounds way better than pure American Muscle car!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #69
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
I have loved mine since the day I bought it. No regrets here. mayb e you should have bought a smart car. This is the first person I've seen on here who does not love their car. Pity

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Old 04-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #70
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
I don't even do track days and I love my 1LE (with the exception of the noisy clutch/tranny). The tires are fantastic for what they are. Don't drive them in winter. I wish I'd done a little more research there, but that's on me (and my salesman), not on Chevy.

You could say the same things (or similar things) about many many performance based cars. Try taking a Merc SLS Black through a bumpy city.

And, to be quite honest. I dislike the straight SS. I found its handling weird and uncomfortable. The 1LE was much better and it's kind of majestic to drive on mountain roads. Yes, you want good pavement... it's a flippin' track car!!!

Closed Thread