Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/05/...n-deflategate/
Old 05-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #590
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post

With proper balls, without the huge, overbearing, cheating inspired advantage 0.5-1.0 psi balls gave the Patriots, they destroyed the Colts in the 2nd half and engineered maybe the two best drives I have ever seen in the Superbowl vs the Seahawks. NOTHING YOU ALL WANT TO SAY CHANGES THIS. To keep acting like this matters makes my opinion of you diminish very much. People just like to complain.
First, as a Colts fan, the Patriots didn't need this to win. They won that game with or without this, it doesn't matter. The Colts that I know never showed up to that game. In fact, I'm not really sure who showed up to that game because it wasn't my Colts team.

That being said, if Brady was caught doing it in this game, it means he has done it before...which means he's been effectively cheating in multiple games. It's no coincidence that the Patriots since 2007 (when the whole bring your own balls rule went into effect) the Patriots have pretty much had the fewest fumbles in the league. This isn't like a 2-3 percent difference...its like double the next team in the list.

Changing the PSI does impact the game, as it allows wet/cold footballs to be much easier to catch and to hold on to. That alone is an advantage that can change the outcome of any game. You say the Colts got destroyed in the second half without it, I would agree. However, had the balls been properly inflated in the 1st half, would the Patriots have had the lead they had? We won't ever know.

More to the point, this isn't something you just do on a whim. It's something that is systemic and has been ongoing for some time. Let's say Brady wanted them at 12.5....by the time the game is played, the balls would be under-inflated and we all know that's an advantage the other team doesn't have. What about the Ravens game the week before? The Colts supposedly heard about this back in November IN Indianapolis...

If this had been any other organization, it would almost assuredly be blown over....maybe a loss of a late round pick and/or a big fine. This is however the Patriots, a team who has been caught cheating once before....and this is the "golden boy" of the team and some would say the GOAT denying he had anything to do with it. I'm sorry, but there is NO way in hell the guy didn't know the difference in the football. You aren't selling me that beach property in Iowa....sorry...

The league is going to come down hard on him....and possibly the Patriots too....
Old 05-07-2015, 09:02 AM   #591
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
and engineered maybe the two best drives I have ever seen in the Superbowl vs the Seahawks.
I've never said Brady isn't a good QB. I wouldn't consider him the greatest of all time, and his MVP performance during the Super Bowl was more a product of one single play of his that turned an interception by Brady into a game changing play.

Jeremy Lane having to leave the game changed everything. Brady was finally able to move the ball, almost at will by throwing to any receiver covered by our last string DB (as our entire secondary was pretty decimated 2 weeks before by injuries). Josh McDaniels made an excellent adjustment to take advantage of that by targeting anyone going against Tharold Simon.

Even with a weakened LoB, we still kept the game close and Russell Wilson actually had a higher QB rating, etc than Brady did. Butler made a brilliant play and really should have been the MVP, not Brady.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:02 AM   #592
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:13 AM   #593
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #594
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
C'mon man! You gotta know it was Michael not Vito that said that... smdh

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-07-2015, 12:55 PM   #595
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether
there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon
assumptions and information that is not certain
. However, based on all of the information
provided to us, particularly regarding the timing and sequencing of the measurements
conducted by the game officials at halftime, and on our testing and analyses, we conclude
that within the range of game characteristics most likely to have occurred on Game Day, we
have identified no set of credible environmental or physical factors that completely accounts
for the additional loss in air pressure exhibited by the Patriots game balls as compared to the
loss in air pressure exhibited by the Colts game balls measured during halftime of the AFC
Championship Game.

Hands up don't shoot
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #596
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
I was going to agree with you till that best QB of all time bs... you guys need to get off that myth. Brady is good but he is a product of his system. Any other team and he would have been out of the league inside of 5 years. I mean Cassel went 11 and 5 in Brady's absence...

The stigma is a result of the perception that they have built.

I'm not gonna keep up with the argument we have several threads on this very subject about the shadiness.

Also don't look for me to stick up for the Damn Jets... I'm a long time AFC East guy and I know who I'm not supposed to like... lmao
LOL get outta here with that BS. Tom Brady is a product of his system? Outside Randy Moss, how many Wide Receivers are hall of fame material that he's played with?

Peyton has always had some serious talent and firepower at his arsenal. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, etc.

Not to mention, Peyton has been the most losing QB in the playoffs in NFL history. No other QB has done worse in the playoffs than Peyton, he looks good on paper. That's about it.

If that's the case, Aaron Rodgers is also a product of his system, his backup QB threw SIX .. yeah 6 TD's in one game under that system... that's something Rodgers hasn't even done, and he is now fighting for a backup spot everywhere he's gone.

Brady has FOUR rings in 2 different decades with completely new players and new receiving cores in and out.

Don't give me that product of his system BS.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #597
Firefighter

You Pats fans are delusional...

Compare college records between Brady and Henne... I'll tell you right now Henne sucks...

Bellicheck is responsible for Brady's success. That creepy old bastard is a football genius. He could win with Geno Smith behind center...

Old 05-07-2015, 02:59 PM   #598
Dmpsix

Quote:

Compare college records between Brady and Henne... I'll tell you right now Henne sucks...

Bellicheck is responsible for Brady's success. That creepy old bastard is a football genius. He could win with Geno Smith behind center...
" From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team. Coincidentally, his one playoff victory during his Browns tenure was achieved against the Patriots in the wild card round during this postseason. In Belichick's last season in Cleveland the Browns finished 5–11, despite starting 3-1. "

You see, you're just speaking out your behind. Plain and simple and I just proved that... I'm sorry, I don't mean to get all immature here. Because this is just a Sport we are talking about. But I'm providing you with facts.

Tom Brady + Bill Belichick are just perfect together, and I'm a Cowboys fan. Emmit Smith was a product of his O-Line. I know overrated when I see it. Tom Brady isn't.

Try again....
Old 05-07-2015, 03:03 PM   #599
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
" From 1991 until 1995, Belichick was the head coach of the Cleveland Browns. During his tenure in Cleveland he compiled a 36–44 record, leading the team to the playoffs in 1994, his only winning year with the team. Coincidentally, his one playoff victory during his Browns tenure was achieved against the Patriots in the wild card round during this postseason. In Belichick's last season in Cleveland the Browns finished 5–11, despite starting 3-1. "

You see, you're just speaking out your behind. Plain and simple and I just proved that... I'm sorry, I don't mean to get all immature here. Because this is just a Sport we are talking about. But I'm providing you with facts.

Tom Brady + Bill Belichick are just perfect together, and I'm a Cowboys fan. Emmit Smith was a product of his O-Line. I know overrated when I see it. Tom Brady isn't.

Try again....
Then explain 11-5 with that mutt Cassel...

Belichick must have done his deal with the devil once he went to the Pats then...

Old 05-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #600
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:

Look I will certainly give you that Coach B is a football genius and that without him Brady would not have been all he is. But if you think Belichick could win with even Geno Smith as QB I gotta hit the crazy button!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #601
Dmpsix

Quote:
Then explain 11-5 with that mutt Cassel...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Ne...eason#Schedule

Here was their schedule that year, of course they played a weak division so going 8-0 against their division is no big task... especially back then with how weak the Dolphins and Jets were. Bills as well.. eh whatever the whole division was extremely weak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Ca...eer_statistics

Cassel's stats that season. He led them to a 10-5 record playing a game manager role. One of those games he was out of.

Threw 21 TD's and 11 INT's those are pretty pedestrian numbers for a system QB. That's what you could expect from a backup QB. He also had a pretty insane Randy Moss me and you could throw NFL Touchdown's to...

Passer rating was 89.4 which is pretty darn subpar for the talent and division he had. There were a few games he didn't throw a single TD in either.

Tom Brady the year before with the same cast threw 50 TD's....
Old 05-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #602
Firefighter

Quote:
Look I will certainly give you that Coach B is a football genius and that without him Brady would not have been all he is. But if you think Belichick could win with even Geno Smith as QB I gotta hit the crazy button!
Maybe Geno is a stretch... lol