Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-04-2019, 08:29 AM   #43
osubuckeye

Drives: 2016 2LT Gamet Red Tintcoat
If it's true that GM is stupid enough to eliminate the Camaro then for me it's bye bye GM and Hello Ford Mustang. I will stay with my Gen 6 Camaro for as long as possible.
osubuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:16 AM   #44
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post
If it's true that GM is stupid enough to eliminate the Camaro then for me it's bye bye GM and Hello Ford Mustang. I will stay with my Gen 6 Camaro for as long as possible.

I have only owned 2 Chevys in my life, a 5th then 6th Gen Camaro. I have only owned one other GM product which was a pontiac which I drove to almost 160k dependable miles. My father only drove GM cars all Oldsmobiles since the 1950s. My other cars have been Plymouths, Dodge before fiat buyout, and Ford. If I were looking for a 2nd vehicle I would look at another Chevy. If Chevy cuts the Camaro then I'm done with Chevy and possibly GM as a whole. I would then walk over to Fords lot or maybe look at the Challenger again. So Chevy make up your mind,whats it gonna be? I ain't got all day to figure out what you are gonna do.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:26 PM   #45
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubuckeye View Post
+1
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
If this has any credit (big "if), the 2021 redesign is interesting and kind of believable. It would mean GM is still struggling to strike a chord with buyers after the 2019/2020 refreshes. It might be wise to leave things alone, since some people are starting to make fun of the car for how many different font ends its had since 2016 -- original SS, original RS, ZL1, refresh SS, refresh RS, and finally tweaked refresh fascia. That's 6 freaking fascias in just 4 years. Compare that to the 5th gen which basically had 3 front ends, granted the SS and RS were very similar to each other both pre and post refresh.
the 2021 mention is probably a reference to the 7thgen being pushed back.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #47
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
the 2021 mention is probably a reference to the 7thgen being pushed back.
True. It could have been worded poorly or confused as the rumor got passed along the grapevine. Maybe "redesign for 2021" means the initial internal work on a redesign, not the actual launch of a redesign. It feels like that would be way, way too soon.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:07 AM   #48
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
how about this-we just wait and see?This mag said this that mag. said that,who really knows whats going to happen.Someone deep in G.M.When its final,then you can go out and buy the last model,just load it up with ALL the options!Yea I got the last one-I'm going to sell it,yea-price a million dollars!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 02:01 PM   #49
chevybill

Drives: 1994 z-28, 2017 2ss 6spd
Drive it like you stole it, because tomorrow might not ever come.

Live for today, Wyatt, live.
chevybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 09:46 AM   #50
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
They're also thinking of making Corvette a new brand, could be the Camaro will live on under the Corvette brand using the Alpha 2 chassis.

I think this is a great idea actually, and if GM isn't already planning on it, they should. Like it or not the Camaro has a stigma and many folks will never consider the car because of "Camaro", it has a certain rep.

OTOH the new Corvette is a smash hit so far, and a mini-Corvette could be a massive seller vs the Camaro and it's unfortunate lack of sales.

This would also allow a more blank-slate redesign of the body, so it could offer a more modern look with better visibility and practicality.

So, I wouldn't give up hope...
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...2#post10581742

Yep that's what I've already said a couple times.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:06 AM   #51
HouseStark

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I think the thing to keep in mind is global sales. GM needs to be the “big 3” of the world and the only way to do that is service on a global scale. I just don’t see how the Camaro does that for them. They moved Al to EV’s for a reason they’re gonna make little EV CUV things, trucks, and have the Corvette there for performance credit it’s as simple as that. They just aren’t loyal to the name because they don’t have to be as long as Corvette exists so like the 4th gen when sales suffer they’ll just cut bait.
HouseStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #52
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
And, guys, stop having faith... I know the Camaro will die...

I have owned 3 different cars in my life...

Pontiac Wave 2005 - they killed the brand and the model after.
Tiburon 2008 - they killed the model after.
Camaro 2018 - as they say in French "never 2 without 3".

I'm sorry to all of you, the Camaro will die because of me. I have my flame suit on... I'm ready to hear your comments...

*Please see the sarcasm here, I really hope the Camaro won't be killed and will remain for long. I am really looking forward to see the 7th Gen if it happens and will probably be tempted to get one if it looks good!*
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:42 AM   #53
brap999

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
If they kill the Camaro, then I'll pay off this car and store it away with the Viper. From that point on I'm only playing with Pre 80's GM muscle, and will just build my own cars again.
1998 Dodge Viper GTS
1972 Pontiac GTO
1963 Chevy C10 short bed, T5, 350, lowered
brap999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:56 AM   #54
samurai

Drives: C8 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
If this has any credit (big "if), the 2021 redesign is interesting and kind of believable. It would mean GM is still struggling to strike a chord with buyers after the 2019/2020 refreshes. It might be wise to leave things alone, since some people are starting to make fun of the car for how many different font ends its had since 2016 -- original SS, original RS, ZL1, refresh SS, refresh RS, and finally tweaked refresh fascia. That's 6 freaking fascias in just 4 years. Compare that to the 5th gen which basically had 3 front ends, granted the SS and RS were very similar to each other both pre and post refresh.
I remember that someone from Chevy stated that customers wanted to have more unique looks for Non-RS, RS, SS and ZL1, because they were pretty damn close with Gen 5. So they actually listened to feedback for this.

I think the biggest problem of the refresh was not the design, but they didn't add any new must-have features. Ok you can add small things like camera mirror, LED headlights and get a bigger touchsceen with new symbols. But overall, you get the same car as 16 camaro with different bumpers and lights. So why not getting just one from the lot?
Old 08-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #55
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai View Post
I remember that someone from Chevy stated that customers wanted to have more unique looks for Non-RS, RS, SS and ZL1, because they were pretty damn close with Gen 5. So they actually listened to feedback for this.

I think the biggest problem of the refresh was not the design, but they didn't add any new must-have features. Ok you can add small things like camera mirror, LED headlights and get a bigger touchsceen with new symbols. But overall, you get the same car as 16 camaro with different bumpers and lights. So why not getting just one from the lot?
That is pretty much what most refreshes are. It also got the A10.

Typically don't see a ton of huge changes for a refresh
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:50 AM   #56
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
I wonder if there will be an all digital dash cluster before the 2023 EOL?
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote