Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #43
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
After seeing a few of the 19 SS in person. They really arnt that bad looking. I've seen an orange crush, black and white. So the black grille really didnt look bad at all. It actually complimented everything. I also like the 19 rear much better than the 16-18.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #44
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
After seeing a few of the 19 SS in person. They really arnt that bad looking. I've seen an orange crush, black and white. So the black grille really didnt look bad at all. It actually complimented everything. I also like the 19 rear much better than the 16-18.
Yeah, many that were up in arms when the '16 came out have traded for them, so I'm certain many who are bashing the '19 will get over them too.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:00 AM   #45
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I’d drive a ‘19 SS or ZL1... I wouldn’t get rid of my 5th for a 6th but the two side by side in my drive way... I could get used to that.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 12:41 AM   #46
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I’d drive a ‘19 SS or ZL1... I wouldn’t get rid of my 5th for a 6th but the two side by side in my drive way... I could get used to that.
I would keep my '15 SS and get a '19 2.0T 1LE. I bet it's a blast to drive. Maybe in a few years I'll search the used market.
Old 03-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #47
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Hope your new Altima treats you well. We've owned 4 now and all have been very reliable cars.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #48
Blueovalman

Drives: 2012 V6 Camaro 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Hope your new Altima treats you well. We've owned 4 now and all have been very reliable cars.
I can vouch for this the Nissan Altima’s are very reliable and dependable sadly more so than any American made vehicle I have ever known of. Our 2005 Nissan Altima had 280K miles on it when we traded it in and it still ran excellent.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:25 AM   #49
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
I can vouch for this the Nissan Altima’s are very reliable and dependable sadly more so than any American made vehicle I have ever known of. Our 2005 Nissan Altima had 280K miles on it when we traded it in and it still ran excellent.
The new Altima has a mean streak.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2019, 12:41 PM   #50
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
The new Altima has a mean streak.
Looks more like it has an extra chromosome. lol
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #51
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Rod View Post
Looks more like it has an extra chromosome. lol
Old 03-29-2019, 01:42 PM   #52
Benman

Drives: 13 IOM 2ss RS manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueovalman View Post
To each his own, I bought the ex a 2010 Maxima, biggest POS I have ever owned, course I've never owned a Ford. Good luck to the OP though. Give me Chevy every time, if I get a bad one it will be the first one.
Benman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:21 PM   #53
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
To each his own, I bought the ex a 2010 Maxima, biggest POS I have ever owned, course I've never owned a Ford. Good luck to the OP though. Give me Chevy every time, if I get a bad one it will be the first one.
That's odd. I had the prior generation and that same generation and both were flawless except brake pads maintenance and an alternator.
That gen was infamous for bad alternators so I replaced it with some chinese online one with good reviews, "Blue Power Super Ice" or some such nonsense name. Been running perfect since.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #54
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benman View Post
That's how it is with any make out there. I know people that had Nissan's and had nothing but problems. But the same rings true for GM cars and trucks and Ford's, and Dodge and so on........

I know when the time comes, Nissan will earn our business again on a new sedan in the future.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:09 PM   #55
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Well, I don't understand how the 5th gen owners in this thread are gushing away writing compliments on his purchase. As far as I know, this is still a 5th gen site.

A former 5th gen V6 owner comes back and talks about how the new SS he bought is so much better than his old car. I don't know about you, but it seems like he's rubbing our noses in it. I'm shocked that no one in here picked up on that.

The 6th gen SS is a powerhouse, no doubt, so it should feel significantly faster than the 5th gen, especially the V6 model. It's a moot point so why even mention it?

Originally, I though most would respond with a "Bye", "See Ya", "Don't let the door hit you on the behind on the way out", like they usually do. However, instead people responded with... "Oh, great car!, "Beautiful Camaro!" "Nice Purchase!" "I'd love a new 6th gen if I could afford one!", "Welcome to V8 life!". WTF?

I mean, I can understand that this is mostly a V8 owners site by the way V8 owners like to stick together, but praising someone who traded their 5th gen for a 6th gen, especially the new fugly (in my opinion of course) 2019 model, well I really didn't expect that at all.
Ya ...that's the new wave of inclusion and safe spaces. I don't like the 6th gen.....before or after the refresh and I don't care who's feelings get hurt when I say it. If people are looking for a pat on the back from me...to bad. If you trade in your 5th gen for a 6th gen....that's your problem.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:12 PM   #56
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
I disagree with that sentiment, guys... a Camaro is a Camaro to me, and having driven a good number of them in a variety of slates, I can rightfully say that the 6th gen, albeit never will be as gorgeous to me as the 5th gen is, is still a very NICE!!! ride. If I could, I'd have a silver ZL1/1LE parked outside next to that freaking endless SS... but not in the cards right now lol.

Just sayin...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote