Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 06:12 PM   #43
Ledzepx

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro 6sp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenicess View Post
Just had a look at OPs stats. Looking at his old posts this car had an LS3 conversion, supercharger, different rear end etc etc. I would say he is probably **cked if he didn't disclose.
Same here. But he started this thread. Wonder what the outcome will be.

Liar liar pants on fire or tuff shit dealership.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:07 PM   #44
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
If the shoe was on the other foot and the dealership did not disclose that a roll cage had been installed and removed, I'm guessing virtually everybody here would be telling OP he deserves his money back.

And the dealership would be excoriated for their shady business practices.

And rightly so.

So the replies here are somewhat interesting.
Not really. I wouldn't buy a used car without a full inspection, so there should be no surprises. Why wouldn't the dealer employ the same measures, in fact they should know better than most when looking at a performance car.

Unless..... there is something in the fine print the OP signed that would require particular disclosures. That would be the only basis for the dealer to call a foul.

And even then, that would be only to the best of the OP's knowledge. Good luck trying to prove what he did, and did not know... The mere fact that there are mounting holes for a cage, does not mean the OP knew anything about it.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:26 PM   #45
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Not really. I wouldn't buy a used car without a full inspection, so there should be no surprises. Why wouldn't the dealer employ the same measures, in fact they should know better than most when looking at a performance car.

Unless..... there is something in the fine print the OP signed that would require particular disclosures. That would be the only basis for the dealer to call a foul.

And even then, that would be only to the best of the OP's knowledge. Good luck trying to prove what he did, and did not know... The mere fact that there are mounting holes for a cage, does not mean the OP knew anything about it.
Yea, but "looking to see if a roll cage had ever been installed" is on nobodies inspection check list.

We don't really know in what condition OP sold the car. Was it still modded except for the cage? Was it returned to stock? Something in the middle?

If it was still modded except for the cage, I can give OP a pass. With a car like that I would go over it with a fine tooth comb... actually, I would never consider buying it in the first place, but whatever... and a person should expect the worst.

If it was demodded or mostly demodded then I think OP was being deceitful.

Whether or not there is any proof what OP knew or did not know is largely irrelevant because, just like in the OJ case, everybody knows what's what.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:39 PM   #46
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
As a lawyer I say tell us everything so that we on Camaro5 can protect you. Start by listing all mods. And then post your bill of sale or contract with dealer. Unless you post VIN or plate you are protected by reasonable privacy.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:50 PM   #47
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Yea, but "looking to see if a roll cage had ever been installed" is on nobodies inspection check list.

We don't really know in what condition OP sold the car. Was it still modded except for the cage? Was it returned to stock? Something in the middle?

If it was still modded except for the cage, I can give OP a pass. With a car like that I would go over it with a fine tooth comb... actually, I would never consider buying it in the first place, but whatever... and a person should expect the worst.

Whether or not there is any proof what OP knew or did not know is largely irrelevant because, just like in the OJ case, everybody knows what's what.
Also keep in mind that while the dealer was inspecting the car, they were not the owners of the car. So unless they were committed to purchase, doing things like pulling seats and lifting carpets, any general dismantling can't be done.

If I were the OP, I would simply do nothing and not respond to anything until I hear those wonderful three words, "You've been served". In the meantime, seeking legal advise would be a smart move. However, unless the dealership paid way too much money (yeah right), they'll probably just eat it and sell it at auction.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #48
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:

roll cage on the inspection list.

Still, dealer should have been a bit more observant. Unless of course OP sent his granny in to off the demodded track star.

I check the classifieds regularly and see MANY demods done before the trade in. I don't think it's being deceitful as we all know the mods will add NOTHING to the trade value so most people sell what they can before the trade.

My car is a gem with or without the bolt-ons.

But a car with an uninstalled cage is a whole other level of WTF. And yes, dealers should be on the lookout for that on a performance (any performance) vehicle.

Sombody f'd up, but if you ask me, it's water under the bridge unless the dealer can show intent, or has some fancy fine print. Calling their lawyer will most likely cost them more than the difference, hence the request.

Just say no.

JMHO and YMMV as always...
Old 08-23-2016, 09:01 PM   #49
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I would tell them that it was news to me, but money is already gone so tough sh*t!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 08-23-2016, 09:06 PM   #50
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
remember trading in an Olds mobile that was rusting thru the door, only thing holding it in place was the paint....LOL. was washing it one day and as I wiped over the side of the door I could feel a giant soft spot. traded it in the next day, dealership didn't notice a thing, sure the detail guy got a nice surprise later on....LOL. was debating keeping it or not, the soft spot made up my mind

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
Old 08-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #51

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Who just sells their car to a dealer, anyhow? If it's not part of a new deal as a trade-in, why not sell it private-party for more money?...Sounds like a weird deal....Appraised twice?....

Anyway, I'd say if they appraised/inspected it (twice), a deal is a deal no matter what you did or didn't tell them....Good luck.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #52
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
The amount of camaros I saw at non-gm dealers with tunes and throttle controllers and clearly had intakes etc on them before was really high since the engine would be all dusty but the stock intake would look prestine. They aren't checking much. I don't think they really know what to look for on these cars half the time like a gm dealer would. Hell even the GM dealers miss that stuff.

They'll just auction the car. Make up the difference on the next deal...
Old 08-23-2016, 09:38 PM   #53
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
After spending a lot of time on these car forums for the past several years, I would never buy a used performance car unless I know the person first hand that owned it.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:59 PM   #54
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
......, just like in the OJ case, everybody knows what's what.
It never ceases to amaze me, that people actually think he did it! Some people!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #55
ZL1C7

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE 10SPD/2015 SS 427 Man
With some certainty I can tell you that they already tried to wholesale the car or run it thru the auction. Its at that point the new owner gets a frame guarantee from the auction house prior to payment and picking up the title. The car ends up failing inspection, due to frame mods or damage and the sale falls thru. The car will be branded at the auction and sometimes will show up on a car fax.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:34 PM   #56
ChargedCamaro

Drives: Twin Turbo LSX Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1C7 View Post
With some certainty I can tell you that they already tried to wholesale the car or run it thru the auction. Its at that point the new owner gets a frame guarantee from the auction house prior to payment and picking up the title. The car ends up failing inspection, due to frame mods or damage and the sale falls thru. The car will be branded at the auction and sometimes will show up on a car fax.
You think a bolt in roll cage would make it fail a inspection ?

Closed Thread