Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 07:13 PM   #43
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Page 4 already.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:14 PM   #44
ImJustHereForParts

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:35 PM   #45
The_Driver
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS M6
Just get the twin turbo kit from Fabberge. $7K is still cheaper than the $10k-$13K you would need to upgrade to a left over 5th gen V8, plus the depreciation you would lose with the car that you have now.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:37 PM   #46
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Let me help you, who cares? Some people hate yellow cars! Oh, Welcome to the forum.!
Or stripes?
Old 06-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #47
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Time to grow some cojones! Its enough of this Oprah Winfrey crap.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:57 PM   #48
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
You should buy/drive the car you want. A car can catch a girls eye and give you the opportunity to meet her but it's your swag/game that will keep her.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:03 PM   #49
ZYBORG
Lets roll...

Drives: 14'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
You should buy/drive the car you want. A car can catch a girls eye and give you the opportunity to meet her but it's your swag/game that will keep her.
Surely he is past high school.... Lol
Old 06-16-2016, 08:10 PM   #50
Ice Baby

Drives: 2014 Silver Ice Metallic LT
Page 4 already--halfway there.
I am driving a 2014 stock silver V6 Camaro for 15 months and I absolutely love it.
I have heard the V8 comment several times. My response is well when you buy your V8 camaro, you let me know right away. Their response is usually nothing.

If you are happy with your car, regardless of what anyone says or thinks, then you bought the right one. If you get excited when you turn that key, you have the right one. If you want to talk about it all of the time.......well, you get the idea.

As you get older, your opinion of what others think about you is greatly diminished.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:11 PM   #51
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I just got my 2015 Camaro V6 in March, and I personally like it. I get a lot of random compliments from it from people.....I have no personal issue with it.

But from looking at more comments on the internet, from being in this particular "group" on the internet, and from recently dating this one particular girl....I'm starting to not like my car anymore.

It's these comments I hear from the internet and within particular "groups" that:

- I have a fake Camaro
- Only the V8 Camaro is the real Camaro
- Why would you even drive that?
- You are a homosexual and you don't have any balls
- Make sure you wear a dress when you drive that V6 around
- What? I didn't know a Camaro could have only 6 cylinders, this fool has an imposter Camaro!

I don't understand this man. I got the car because I like the way it looks, that's it, end of story, nothing else to it. I don't race, why do I need a V8? The only thing I liked about the V8 package in terms of what I could "use" was that SOUND....I'm currently in the process of adding an MRTv2 to provide a more muscular sound.

But my feelings have been hurt, crushed, etc., it's even to the point of DEPRESSION. I know that sounds completely weird and extreme, but it's like on one hand when I take this out into the real world, I'm getting stares/compliments like crazy. Much more than I got from my previous car which was a 2011 Charger, which got stares/compliments but no where NEAR the level of the Camaro.

But when I hear all of this stuff about because my engine is a V6, I don't know, it's just starting to depress me and I'm being honest about that.

I don't WANT to trade my vehicle in after less than 3 months of having it for a V8, just to "feel better" about myself as the comments from these folks have honestly F'ed with my head.

I'm adding an MRTv2 Performance Package and that's going to provide a better muscular sound. From there, I personally LIKE the car and I like the compliments I get. But damn....I want to hold this car until 2021 - 2022 and I'm wondering can I mentally endure the HATE-FILLED comments from people because my engine has 6 cylinders and not 8?
All of this is true.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:21 PM   #52
68rssscamaro
Camaro: A Legend Reborn!!

Drives: SOLD: 12 2SS/RS LS3 45th
Just put some of these on the Camaro and some SS badges you will be all set.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:26 PM   #53
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
All of this is true.
Takes one to know one
Old 06-16-2016, 08:31 PM   #54
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Sorry.. Had to..
Attached Images

2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
Old 06-16-2016, 08:39 PM   #55
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Guys I understand a lot of the replies but I'm going to pose the question I asked once again.

I understand all about how I should drive what I want, etc., but to sum up the comments, what they are seemingly saying is that a V6 Camaro isn't a "real" Camaro in terms of the performance, power, and other things that comes usually with packages that are around the SS level with the 8 cylinders or higher.

They are saying driving the V6 Camaro with these things technically stripped away, technically strips away the actual "Camaro" experience.

So does driving a V6 Camaro in this regard come off weak in this regard? Where everything that makes a Camaro a Camaro....is gone...and only available when I get to the packages like an SS?

That's what I want to know. I understand that I should drive what I want, I shouldn't "care" what people think, and the entire nine yards. I understand ALL of that.

What I'm trying to do right now is get down to the TRUTH, I'm not a car guy and I want to know if (while saving a lot of money in the process) did I shoot myself in the foot by NOT going with at least the SS package?
Old 06-16-2016, 08:40 PM   #56
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Page 5, but getting boring. we need someone to stir some shit.

Closed Thread