Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #43
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Here you go.

Roadkill. Got what he deserved to me. Loser.
Yep, I guess what these bikers don't realize is that if the side view mirror is adjusted correctly, I can see what's coming up on me and next to me in that lane. If they're lane splitting, I can't see them. This guy probably accused the driver of the car for "cutting in front of him".

I'm sorry, but if YOU choose to ride a cycle, and YOU choose to ride like a idiot, It's YOUR job to look out for YOUR safety, not mine.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:08 PM   #44
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
In general, it's more often the guys on the rice rockets that drive like that, USUALLY, Harley riders are more respectful
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:13 PM   #45
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
In general, it's more often the guys on the rice rockets that drive like that, USUALLY, Harley riders are more respectful
Love Harleys, but they have their own set of asshats that love to wake everyones child and make all the dogs bark in the entire town at 2:00am with their muffler less rides.

Question for Harley owners. Won't those things idle without constantly reving them?

Just curious.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:20 PM   #46
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I've been riding Harley's for over 40 yrs and I don't rev the hell out of mine neither to most of the guys I ride with, there are some no doubt, I ride the same way I drive and so don't most others. If they ride like a-holes they most likely drive like one too.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:50 PM   #47
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Quote:
Love Harleys, but they have their own set of asshats that love to wake everyones child and make all the dogs bark in the entire town at 2:00am with their muffler less rides.

Question for Harley owners. Won't those things idle without constantly reving them?

Just curious.
They seem to get angry when you ask them what's wrong with it that makes them have to keep coaxing it to stay running.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #48
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
I no longer own my street bike, yet when I first lived in California I respected the road and other drivers, would typically only lane split when in dead traffic on hot days like the rule is set up for. There are idiots in every type of vehicle; Harley's, SUV's, Mustangs, etc. more of a character issue than street bike issue.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:20 PM   #49
Lumix

Drives: 2015 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post

I'm sorry, but if YOU choose to ride a cycle, and YOU choose to ride like a idiot, It's YOUR job to look out for YOUR safety, not mine.
Agreed!
The simple fact is...if you're too stupid to live, you probably won't. There are endless examples of this in our society...yet people continue to pull dumb-ass ignorant bullshit every day.
It is what it is.
Lumix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:37 PM   #50
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Years back I was on a 4 lane road (2 each way) and there were two Harleys in front of me sharing a lane. I tried to pass on the left and one of the bikers cut over really fast and slowed down. The 2nd bike then came into my lane. The first biker ( the REAL DOUCHE) decided to slow down until I almost tapped his rear wheel with my front bumper (I was driving a big 1976 Monte Carlo at the time).

Then the older lady next to me tried to go by in the right lane Major Douche then cut back into her lane and jammed the brakes with his buddy following. After about a mile of this, I peeled off on a side street and headed for the PD. When I get there, I see the little old lady being stared down by the biker in his full leathers & patched jacket etc while she was trying to talk to the cops. He seemed about to say something until I walked up and I must have said EXACTLY what the old lady did, because the cop cocked his head, looked at the biker, CALLED HIM BY NAME, and told him that he (the cop) had had enough of the biker's BS.

To me, it didn't matter that he was on a "Harley," he would have been an asshat on a Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha or even a Prius (if they'd had them back then).
Old 04-13-2016, 11:46 PM   #51
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Here in Hawaii we got those, we even see them running from the Police. But lately on the news there been a bunch of them crashing and dying. So I say let them go, their time will come. To its not a matter of, if your going to die, it's a matter of when your going to die riding one of those bikes.
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:56 PM   #52
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Yeah... but no. When you have a pack of v-twin riders refusing to let cars and trucks pass, "because", that's BS. I won't even get into straight pipes... and "Loud pipes save lives" with your exhaust aimed behind you... talk to Ambulance, LEO's, and Firetruck drivers about how sirens work so well for them.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228

Last edited by sherob; 04-14-2016 at 12:15 AM.
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 12:02 AM   #53
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I've rarely lane split but it serves a purpose, a lot of those bikes will overheat when stuck in heavy traffic. I have seen the videos from out west where it appears that a great number of people are abusing this privilege by speeding. I think that would bother me too having bikes flying by so close to my car. When I ride or drive rules number one is not to scare other people out trying to get around, I have my fun for sure without punking on other drivers.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #54
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Here you go.

Roadkill. Got what he deserved to me. Loser.
Ouch!

Harley drivers are more laid back, but I drive a vert, and when they split my ear drums with their WOT it's all I can do not to run em over. Jack legs.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:54 AM   #55
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Here in Hawaii we got those, we even see them running from the Police. But lately on the news there been a bunch of them crashing and dying. So I say let them go, their time will come. To its not a matter of, if your going to die, it's a matter of when your going to die riding one of those bikes.
Stupid crotch rocket jockeys will most certainly die young. Our only hope is that they die alone...
Old 04-14-2016, 01:07 AM   #56
The Blue Angel

Drives: 2014 BRM 1SS/RS
Meanwhile in Florida.....