#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #43
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
I know a guy running 325's under his SS and they look awesome so I am not sure the need for wider rear fenders.
Would love to see that. Pics?
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:23 PM   #44
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
not sure what you are asking about...the "cover" is the top piece of the housing itself...
Oh Ok, I see now.
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #45
szalkerous

Drives: 99 Z28 M6 / 15 Silverado LTZ Z71 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by clanky View Post
Uh all the cars i've owned except the 2010 camaro had the gas on the driver side. The corvette, my trucks, and jeeps.. I find it odd they put it on the passenger side actually, but oh well. Most people don't realize if you look at the gas tank picture it has an arrow pointing to which side the gas filler is on. Not a big deal, but I do wish it was on the driver side just for convinence.
Indeed, my 4th gen F-Body and my 2015 Silverado both have it driver's side. I thought that was kind of a staple of a V8 GM vehicle...
szalkerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #46
szalkerous

Drives: 99 Z28 M6 / 15 Silverado LTZ Z71 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Can you be more specific?
Well, if you look at the lip spoiler, you can see wear on the clearcoat already, unless that black paint has sparkles in it... which would be honestly stupid.

There's also swirls all over the paint, but that's probably more the fault of whomever is detailing the show car...
szalkerous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:34 PM   #47
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by szalkerous View Post
Well, if you look at the lip spoiler, you can see wear on the clearcoat already, unless that black paint has sparkles in it... which would be honestly stupid.

There's also swirls all over the paint, but that's probably more the fault of whomever is detailing the show car...
Actually if you look at the close ups of the spoiler I'd say it does have a metallic looking finish. It can be seen on the grill edges as well. I don't believe that's a problem with the clear coat. The car is barely out of the paint booth. Chevy would never allow that! Secondly the swirls are no surprise. Thank goodness the car was on a turn style. The cars on the floor had more DNA on them than a crime scene. The cars are wiped down rather hastily all day. Wait till the car is on the dealer lot and watch how they look after a while if that concerns you. I ain't buying a $70k peeling paint lemon. I trust Chevy more than that.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #48
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:

I remember vividly that the black trim was made to look like Mosaic Black...a metal flake sort of thing.

I would prefer a flat or satin flat look myself, but I think it still looks very nice.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:09 PM   #49
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
I remember vividly that the black trim was made to look like Mosaic Black...a metal flake sort of thing.

I would prefer a flat or satin flat look myself, but I think it still looks very nice.
Yes I saw that on the hood as well though it was a considerable distance. The exposed carbon fiber would be nicer. It was hard to tell with all the lights and the size of the Javits Center in NYC. Just gimme the car already. I don't care if it has sparkles or not. I'll fix it. I wanna drive.
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #50
bluHawk141

Drives: 2015 Sierra
Do you suppose this is what they refer to as carbon flash painted on the Vettes?
bluHawk141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #51
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

With the engine bay as sealed up as it is thanks to the aerodynamic changes...the heat extractor hood vent is the path of least resistance, so much of the air/heat that enters through the front will blow out there, anyways.
ZL1 Hood vent pictures. Another shot of the front fenders that look pushed out further than SS fenders.
Attached Images

Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #52
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
Actually if you look at the close ups of the spoiler I'd say it does have a metallic looking finish. It can be seen on the grill edges as well. I don't believe that's a problem with the clear coat. The car is barely out of the paint booth. Chevy would never allow that! Secondly the swirls are no surprise. Thank goodness the car was on a turn style. The cars on the floor had more DNA on them than a crime scene. The cars are wiped down rather hastily all day. Wait till the car is on the dealer lot and watch how they look after a while if that concerns you. I ain't buying a $70k peeling paint lemon. I trust Chevy more than that.
Quote:

All the trim pieces on the ZL1 are metallic black. I don't know if it's Carbon Flash, or Mosaic Black, but they're definitely metallic. It gives the car an expensive look that is suited to it's price point and talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
ZL1 Hood vent pictures. Another shot of the front fenders that look pushed out further than SS fenders.
It's so stunning!!!!!!!

I can't wait to have this in my driveway!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:07 AM   #53
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
All the trim pieces on the ZL1 are metallic black. I don't know if it's Carbon Flash, or Mosaic Black, but they're definitely metallic. It gives the car an expensive look that is suited to it's price point and talents.

It's so stunning!!!!!!!

I can't wait to have this in my driveway!
ME FIRST!

Old 06-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #54
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Here is a better look at the Black Mosaic Paint (Gloss Black Metal Flake) grill which looks the same as the Corvettes Carbon Flash Black.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 PM   #55
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:

I like the flat as well and they did that on some of the CF inserts on the 5th gen ZL1, but found it's very hard to keep perfect. Much easier to buff out a cleared finish than flat. I still prefer the flat though. Most think I painted mine that way.
Old 06-17-2016, 09:00 AM   #56
IneedAZ

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 & 2021 BMW M340i x Dr
anybody have more pics of this Silver/Black combo that show the whole car, not just close ups? Every time i see it i like it more and is definitely my second choice to Hyper Blue

Sold 1967 Camaro Pro Street. Ran 10's mild BB on NOS.

2017 HyperBlue ZL1 A10 ** Born 3/17/17**Delivered 4/08/17
2020 Build: Mag2650, BTR Stage2, NW103, BG, 14% lower, 90mm upper, ARH 2" Long system w/no cats, SW Legend mufflers. **807hp/762tq on 93 gas** and **848hp/792tq on e47**

Sold 2018 (Go Mango) Dodge Charger Daytona 392 Daily Driver

Daily Driver 2021 BMW M340i Xdrive
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote