Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-15-2015, 12:01 PM   #43
Mels RS

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
Did you hear the recent discussion on making auto-driving vehicles mandatory?
Pretty soon, you're not going to be allowed to actually drive your own vehicle.
We're lucky to have been around to see the muscle car resurgence, it's been pretty cool.
I keep hearing about auto-driving autos. I'm sorry, but that's a ways off.
Sure they can build the cars that drive themselves, but they will depend on lines, etc, on the roads.
When was the last time you made a trip where the roads had proper lane markings?
When you approach an accident or unscheduled construction will the car be able to read the detour sign or respond to the police officer directing you off across the median?
<n168tx(at)flytx.net>
Mels RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:08 PM   #44
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Pretty soon is next century.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:41 PM   #45
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels RS View Post
I keep hearing about auto-driving autos. I'm sorry, but that's a ways off.
Sure they can build the cars that drive themselves, but they will depend on lines, etc, on the roads.
When was the last time you made a trip where the roads had proper lane markings?
When you approach an accident or unscheduled construction will the car be able to read the detour sign or respond to the police officer directing you off across the median?
When did reality ever factor into politics?
Story running this morning, auto driving cars will be in 30 US cities by the end of this year..

It's just the mentality of them telling us how to live our lives that irritates me.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:07 PM   #46
suzook

Drives: camaro
Quote:
I just don't agree.
Different...yeah. Better? That's relative. I hear people complaining about the plastic in the gen5, what are they supposed to use? Spotted Owl and human bone? Maybe a White Rhinocerous shift knob? I distinctly recall seeing plastic in the 16. Maybe I was mistaken and it's a special material grown from human stem cells.

I like the leather trim they added on the dash later on the Gen5 and I'm still not bonding with the Euro style tail lights on the 14-15, but the 16 just looks like they stole Vette tail lights. IMO I love the separate dual tail lights from the 10-13 the best.

They lost the hips, eliminated half of the trunk and made the back seat even smaller. None of which were upgrades.
I can get 455 hp out of my 6.2 with no problem at all.
Handling? When the did "muscle cars" handle this well? Never.
The new Camaro is departing from the muscle car genre and just becoming a cheaper Vette. That's nice if it's what you're looking for.

Regardless. Enjoy them while you can. The Liberal tree huggers are coming for your V8's, manual transmissions, and ultimately gas powered vehicles period.
Did you hear the recent discussion on making auto-driving vehicles mandatory?

We're lucky to have been around to see the muscle car resurgence, it's been pretty cool.
500hp, will be easy to get out of the new engine. On the handling, so better handling is not good? Who the f sits in the back if a camaro??? And yea, the interior should have been made out of donkeys balls. I just don't understand the mentality of muscle cars should be crude. If that's what you like, get a real muscle car from the 60's.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:44 PM   #47
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
It's okay. No fail here. I'm already tired of those same wheels on every Gen6.
The 80's pong game on the dash is a no.
I'll wait a few years for the 'upgrade' models. Maybe then...
The white one looks like it is built out of plastic.
Number one for me is the car does not make me have the jaw dropping gotta have it response. Instead it makes me squinch my face up trying to figure out just what-the-hell I'm looking at.

Old 11-15-2015, 01:56 PM   #48
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Camaro View Post
If you had a 2016 v6 camaro and v8 side by side you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I think the only way to tell the difference between the two trims is looking at the front bumper for the vertical/horizontal lights.
Plus the SS has two grills on the hood....the LT's do not.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:08 PM   #49
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I'm really digging the interior. The exterior, with some mods, could look way nicer. Some of the SEMA models were really nice looking
Sold: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower, Custom Camshaft, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, 680rw 93/750rw E85, Tuned by CSP
Sold: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:21 PM   #50
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Of course the 6th Gen is gonna improve on the interior, hp, and etc but the exterior I will take a Gen5 over it. It's def a nice looking car I just wish they improved on the exterior more. I'll wait until the ZL1 comes out and see.
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #51
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
500hp, will be easy to get out of the new engine. On the handling, so better handling is not good? Who the f sits in the back if a camaro??? And yea, the interior should have been made out of donkeys balls. I just don't understand the mentality of muscle cars should be crude. If that's what you like, get a real muscle car from the 60's.
I'm sorry, you're right about everything.

I got a gunsafe home in my camaro, and my kids sit in back.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #52
White_Camaro

Drives: Camaro SS
[ATTACH]756392[/ATTACH
Attached Images

White_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 PM   #53
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYouOne View Post
Of course the 6th Gen is gonna improve on the interior, hp, and etc but the exterior I will take a Gen5 over it. It's def a nice looking car I just wish they improved on the exterior more. I'll wait until the ZL1 comes out and see.
New one looks more Pontiac to me, lol.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:16 PM   #54
IamR3D88

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Camaro View Post
Thats not a black ss its a blue velvet colored exterior. My camera may have not picked it up very well.
I drive a blue velvet 15 and you would be amazed how often i hear people say "the black camaro"
IamR3D88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 10:36 PM   #55
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
Hi,

Thanks for the pics and sharing.

I agree with the posters who dislike the new outer looks. To me looks like a mustang.

I like the bulkier look of the 5th gens.

The extra hp for the engine I think it is the LT1 sounds good. Not sure how that compares to a LS3 in terms of durability.

Also not sure about the lighter Cadillac style body. Maybe good for maneuvering, but I prefer the bulk if I were in an accident.

I could care less about the interior or any gadgets. I have been happy with every car I have ever had interior wise.

So with the added cost would not be something I would look into now or in the future. Glad I was able to get a 5th gen manual before they're gone.

I checked all the dealers online in my local area and very few v8's left and couldn't find 1 manual left.

Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:29 AM   #56
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Are you sure about that? With D.I., VVT and the high compression, the LT1 is pretty maxed out the way it sits. I could see another 20-25hp being on the table, but another 45hp is going to be a lot harder than you think.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote