Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2020, 02:41 PM   #43
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan01 View Post
Here's the progress so far. BMR springs, Borla Atak axle back, aFe CAI, Soler TB. Oh and my ZL1 wheels were just delivered yesterday.
Nice looking car. I really like the darker blue with this trim. IDK, the LT1 does look cleaner than the SS, but I really wanted some of the creature comforts like heated/cooled seats and steering wheel at least.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:42 PM   #44
Pro-2A

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1 MM6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I like the LT1, I just hate how GM names things nowadays. Flashback 7-8 years and it's like, "LT1? WTF, GM's going back to using a GEN2, 350 SBC?" You still got to get specific when looking up mods or whatnot. Now it's like, "LT1? You mean the GEN2 motor, GEN5 motor, or Camaro model?" Come on GM you can do a little better than that.

But that aside the Camaro LT1 is to GEN6 Camaros what the Mustang LX was to the Foxbody Mustangs. A cheap way to get into a V8 and not just some lowend V8 but the SS/GT drivetrain. Also in it's base forum there is a noticeable weight savings even though not as extreme as the LX weight saving was to the GT. Another good comparison for the LT1 is the old GEN4 1SC optioned cars. (Your Stripper Z28's) The LT1 has the same principle, but not as extreme as the Stripper Fcars or Mustang LX. Those 1SC cars had no power windows/mirrors/seats/rear defost/cruise control/keyless entry/trunk release button, etc, but you could opinion them up some much like you could with the Mustang LX and the LT1.

I think the LT1 will appeal greatly to the tuner crowd looking for a good platform to mod without paying for a bunch of fluff. For example the smaller rear brake. The front is where most your braking comes from, and a smaller rear brake will allow for a smaller diameter wheel. IDK what the smallest diameter wheel you can fit on the rear of an SS, but lets just assume it's a 17" wheel. The LT1 may accept a 15" or 16" rear wheel. This will be popular for Camaro owners who frequently drag race.

While I think the LT1 is cool some more options would be awesome. You can option Recaros, and 6 piston Brembos, but no Magnaride or wider/sticker tires? (again, tuner car) Magnaride is awesome especially for people like me get close to their 40's who want nice handling, but a comfortable ride. How cool would a LT1 1LE be? Member when you could get a Formula Firehawk? Don't get me wrong the T/A Firehawks looked better, but the fact that you could get a Formula Firehawk was still cool, and rare. (can't remember if you could get a non-SS Z28 SLP car) IDK maybe some of the coolers and whatnot on the 1LE wouldn't fit the LT1 frontend? Sure these options would jack up the $ of a cars who's intent is to be a cheaper way to get the SS drivetrain, but the LT1's look, and options might just suit some people more than a SS does.

Still props to GM for introducing the LT1.

The build sheet on my car says SS, when I looked closer, the build sheet indicated that the LT-1 code is 1LZ. So basically, it's an SS 1LZ. I don't consider myself a "tuner", but I do like to make it my own with little things here and there, that's what I liked about my Wranglers.
Old 02-21-2020, 02:52 PM   #45
Pro-2A

Quote:
I just had him do his work on my stock one so it would look the stock. It really helped eliminate the surging. It’s much smoother and crisper now. Definitely money well spent.
Mine arrived today, what a difference appearance wise! I installed it this afternoon, and I'm doing the slow learning process as I did not disconnect the battery. I've taken it for a couple short trips on the highway, doing tip-in and slow, gradual 3/4 throttle pulls while moving to help it along. The bottom 20% of the pedal definitely seems more responsive, so that's good! As for the top end, time will tell. My TB has small slits on the top and bottom with the 1/2 shaft for the polished plate. I was actually concerned I'd get a check engine light based on how much different it was from stock, but nothing yet so that's good!
Old 02-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #46
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Stock SS wheels/tires are a dime a dozen if you want them. As for me I dig the MRR 1LE wheels which are well priced. Add a good set of tires and there is my summer set up. And then put on the DRs for T&T nights. But they are a PIA to put on. The LT1 stockers is the winter setup.

I am coming from the other direction as my last 2 Camaros were a M6 2SS and an A10 ZL1. I like that the LT1 is the lightest V8 Camaro. Weight is the enemy! Also I got the Recaros which have the heating and ventilation but no wiring. Gen5DIY has the ventilation working. The heaters hopefully will come later.

Here is what my LT1 will look like below with MRR 1LE wheels and some vinyl. I love the clean look of the LT1. It really shows off the great lines of the Camaro. And I think it is cool that it is the only Camaro named after the engine under the hood. Confusing but cool.

Had to say, great vision Fraxum! Love those SS 1LE wheels myself.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #47
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
I just brought my new LT1 home tonight. It has the dual mode exhaust and 10 speed auto. Car is really fun to drive so far no complaints.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:30 PM   #48
Pro-2A

Congratulations, good luck with it! What color?
Old 02-21-2020, 08:02 PM   #49
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
The build sheet on my car says SS, when I looked closer, the build sheet indicated that the LT-1 code is 1LZ. So basically, it's an SS 1LZ. .
Right...
Old 02-21-2020, 10:01 PM   #50
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
I'm just glad this LT1 doesnt have an Optispark
Yea who was the engineer placing the spark distributer under the water pump? I hope the engineer learned from that mistake. I am going to carefully look the engine over before I sign the paperwork om my LT1/LT1.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:14 PM   #51
Fraxum

Quote:
nice! this was my opti car...
Here is one of mine:

And another:

Car loved them both. That WS6 had presence even today. It looked bad ass and set off car alarms as you drove by. These LT1s were maybe the best sounding Chevy small blocks ever.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:25 PM   #52
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro-2A View Post
Congratulations, good luck with it! What color?
Satin Steel Metallic with a jet black interior.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #53
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I really wanted Satin Steel Metallic on mine. That color reminds me of the T2 liquid metal color scheme.

At the time though I felt lucky to find a black one for the price I wanted so I went with that.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:55 AM   #54
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Chief View Post
I really wanted Satin Steel Metallic on mine. That color reminds me of the T2 liquid metal color scheme.

At the time though I felt lucky to find a black one for the price I wanted so I went with that.
Yes Satin Steel Metallicis one of my big 3 along with Red Hot and Black. But knowing me I ordered black. No regrets on this car.

Some day maybe we will be able to wrap our car and choose a color on the dash. Will this be legal?
Old 02-22-2020, 09:59 AM   #55
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Satin Steel Metallic with a jet black interior.
Awesome choice.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #56
Z28GTOSSMike

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
I'm just glad this LT1 doesnt have an Optispark
I can sure relate to that. I drove a 97 Z28 and the optispark was the worst part about that car. And changing the plugs and wires.
Z28GTOSSMike is offline   Reply With Quote