Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-21-2023, 11:42 AM   #43
grgus73

Drives: 2024 Silverado 2500, 2018 Trax
Look forward to seeing pics with the ground effects and spoiler. Congrats again on the new SS!
grgus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:45 AM   #44
NYTMARE23
NYTMARE23

Drives: Black 2023 Chevrolet ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by len125 View Post
who cares? you got your dream car.....i have a 2021 2LT camaro financed at 84 months for 6.47 percent apr.....love it enjoy it!
This here is all that needs said honestly!
Most everyone on here is NOT paying the same amounts/interests/ or had down-payments(or not). So the bottom line is, if YOU as the buyer are OK with the terms and amounts or the car is something you REALLY want or have wanted then pay whatever you are willing to pay at the time and IF NEEDED look into re-fi options later. Otherwise, GO ENJOY YOUR CAMARO!!!
Old 04-21-2023, 11:56 AM   #45
1supersport

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive View Post
My 2023 1SS was $42k with options. APR is 7% but I'll be paying it off early (likely end of this year). No markup from dealer.

Unless every possible option was added, including 1LE, i'm not sure how a 1SS gets to $57k. Did you share options that I missed?
Yes I shared them a few replies before this one. It was $15.2k in added options.
1supersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:05 PM   #46
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1supersport View Post
To be honest this was my first time ever financing a car, I’m 28. It was marked up from $57k to $61k after tax, then total financed was $69k. Finance charge ended up being like $24k. In my head I figured I could just make extra principle payments to work down the interest and eventually refinance. It was like 2 days later and they called me up saying they were suppose to install a carbon fiber high wing spoiler and want me to go back in for it. I’m beyond happy I have the car I want, beyond depressed about the interest.
$69K total financed? On a 1SS?

Man, the market is beyond laughable. I remember getting my SS Fifty back in 2018 with 6000 miles for like $34K
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:10 PM   #47
plus1zero
Don't tread on me

Drives: 23 Sierra X31, Past 2017 Fifty 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Don't feel bad OP- in 1981 I bought a new car financed thru GMAC at 16.1% Best rate in town and I had a good credit rating, a job and a trade in! Its all relative.
Refinanced after a couple years and bought a new car and a motorcycle. All's well that ends well! Congrats on the new car!
Back then what did that car cost, $5000? Even with inflation, that's still a far cry from what vehicles cost today lol
plus1zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:12 PM   #48
DPE

Drives: 2023 1SS
Not here to judge, but you asked. As a guy 20 years older than you and an enthusiast all my life, I very much understand the effect cars can have and wanting your dream car right away etc. And I get that Camaros in any form any of us care about are going away soon, so there is some urgency to get one if you want a new one. Also, I have been very fortunate in life and recognize that, so don't think I'm preaching from on high. I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Having said that, if you are upside down on something and are buying something more expensive, you're going the wrong direction. I'm not sure what to tell you to do now, but the first thing I'd do is stop even thinking about spending any more money (on the car) on stuff that isn't already paid for. Focus all your extra money on paying that loan down so maybe, possibly, in a few years you won't be upside down. This car is massively harming your ability to build any wealth, unless you make a ton of money and oddly decided to finance 120% of the value of a new car. I know, YOLO and all that, but to me this is nothing short of insane.

As for market adjustments and added BS, those are not required. At all. Shop around some. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from a dealer in Nebraska with a supplier discount (neighbor was a GM employee) and the current rebate for a total of $41,650 (1SS, moonroof, NPP exhaust, red calipers; sticker $43,680). Dealer had a $75 doc fee, and literally that was it (still have to pay sales taxes in Kansas, so that's not factored in since I pay that later at the DMV). It can be done. I wrote a check, because again I've been fortunate in life and am old enough to have a little money, so can't speak to the interest rate part of it, but point being, at least in the middle of the country, you do NOT have to pay any extras. Had I ordered it from my dealer in KC, they tack on PPF, Lo-jack (seriously guys? Lo-jack on a car with Onstar?), and a $700 doc fee so it would have been $4k more, but I chose to drive 200 miles or so and save that money. Mentioning this more for the folks that insist you 'have' to pay ADM etc., not the OP.

Anyway OP, it's a cool car, and one that likely won't lose a ton of value over time given they are stopping production entirely and forever, so that works in your favor. And I sincerely hope you do enjoy it and it's everything you want it to be. But while enjoying the car, see the financial part as an expensive lesson, and for your own sake maybe look into Dave Ramsey.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:31 PM   #49
CamaroSue

Drives: 2019 Corvette GS, 2023 ZL1
Hope the OP got the gap insurance!
Old 04-21-2023, 12:31 PM   #50
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Well, now that the OP has laid out all the options, it makes more sense. I honestly didn't think it was possible to add that amount in options to a 1SS...but I guess it is? lol.

Up until that point, I too was about to lose my mind over the cost of his 1SS. If it's the car he wants, with the options he wanted, then there's nothing wrong with that.

The only things that still suck are the dealer added cost and the finance rate, but that's just the way it is now for a lot of people.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:53 PM   #51
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPE View Post
Not here to judge, but you asked. As a guy 20 years older than you and an enthusiast all my life, I very much understand the effect cars can have and wanting your dream car right away etc. And I get that Camaros in any form any of us care about are going away soon, so there is some urgency to get one if you want a new one. Also, I have been very fortunate in life and recognize that, so don't think I'm preaching from on high. I'm just giving my 2 cents.

Having said that, if you are upside down on something and are buying something more expensive, you're going the wrong direction. I'm not sure what to tell you to do now, but the first thing I'd do is stop even thinking about spending any more money (on the car) on stuff that isn't already paid for. Focus all your extra money on paying that loan down so maybe, possibly, in a few years you won't be upside down. This car is massively harming your ability to build any wealth, unless you make a ton of money and oddly decided to finance 120% of the value of a new car. I know, YOLO and all that, but to me this is nothing short of insane.

As for market adjustments and added BS, those are not required. At all. Shop around some. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago from a dealer in Nebraska with a supplier discount (neighbor was a GM employee) and the current rebate for a total of $41,650 (1SS, moonroof, NPP exhaust, red calipers; sticker $43,680). Dealer had a $75 doc fee, and literally that was it (still have to pay sales taxes in Kansas, so that's not factored in since I pay that later at the DMV). It can be done. I wrote a check, because again I've been fortunate in life and am old enough to have a little money, so can't speak to the interest rate part of it, but point being, at least in the middle of the country, you do NOT have to pay any extras. Had I ordered it from my dealer in KC, they tack on PPF, Lo-jack (seriously guys? Lo-jack on a car with Onstar?), and a $700 doc fee so it would have been $4k more, but I chose to drive 200 miles or so and save that money. Mentioning this more for the folks that insist you 'have' to pay ADM etc., not the OP.

Anyway OP, it's a cool car, and one that likely won't lose a ton of value over time given they are stopping production entirely and forever, so that works in your favor. And I sincerely hope you do enjoy it and it's everything you want it to be. But while enjoying the car, see the financial part as an expensive lesson, and for your own sake maybe look into Dave Ramsey.

You said what I couldn’t say, tactfully (hence my screen name).
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:30 PM   #52
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice car!

For the curious, here are the given specs and estimated cost of building straight from the website.

Btw, the current spoiler on the car. Is that the lip spoiler or the spoiler that you ordered but not in Carbon Flash? The angle of the photo makes it look like a lip spoiler. Shouldn't matter since the option on the site seems to be the same bolt pattern as the lip spoiler anyways but would be interesting to see them install a lip spoiler on a SS
Attached Images

Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:48 PM   #53
Gen6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2021 ,rs, v6, manual
Last I looked low miles lt1's could be had for low as 35k.
Gen6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:55 PM   #54
jimharrell

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgus73 View Post
Question: Does driving in Sport mode also deactivate/disable afm? I only put mine in Sport or track mode.
Nope!

1100 - 3/14/23
2000 - 3/14/23
3000 - 3/15/23 TPW 4/10/23
3400 - 4/03/23 TPW 4/10/23
3800 - 4/07/23
4200? - 4/12/23
jimharrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:54 PM   #55
rst08tierney
Account Suspended

Drives: '23 2SS Rapid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1supersport View Post
After much anticipation, and after leasing an LT1 from 2021, I finally got to finance a brand new 1SS. With interest rates being so high, does anyone think I’m completely insane for financing at 94k over 7 years on a car that’s $62k? I need feedback from other owners. It’s my dream car.

Should I also get the AFM disabled right off the bat?

rst08tierney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:57 PM   #56
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
Nice car!

For the curious, here are the given specs and estimated cost of building straight from the website.

Btw, the current spoiler on the car. Is that the lip spoiler or the spoiler that you ordered but not in Carbon Flash? The angle of the photo makes it look like a lip spoiler. Shouldn't matter since the option on the site seems to be the same bolt pattern as the lip spoiler anyways but would be interesting to see them install a lip spoiler on a SS
A 2SS 1LE has all that matters in this list (even more), and would've cost $54K with the A10. Yeah, okay, an extra $1K for the sunroof, but that definitely isn't for everyone.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote