Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 07-24-2019, 08:38 AM   #43
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post
The worst thing about the Z/28, and maybe the ONLY bad thing for me, is the lack of headroom. I'm 6'4" and my head is RIGHT on the headliner. In my Charger, there is room to spare EVERYWHERE, a few inches of extra headroom.
That's because the Charger is as big as an aircraft carrier.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:42 AM   #44
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
That's possible on the comfort side. I only test drove the Z/28 which wasn't terrible but due to the dampers I wouldn't call it comfortable On the 6th gen I've only owned cars with Recaros with heating and ventilation so no complaints from me even after a 3,000 mile road trip with my (well not mine anymore) 2018 SS 1LE. Seat comfort is always subjective though based so I'm sure someone here hates the recaros!
so if you don't mind me asking I'm thinking about getting a set of recaros for the Camaro and you would say on long trips are pretty comfortable?
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:51 AM   #45
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
You obviously missed my point that they rushed into a refresh for no reason. And the refresh I saw looks different than the19 the front bumper slopes down further and makes the upper grille area too big.
This is why a post like this you should try to know your facts before posting.

1. The only front end refresh was the SS... The ONLY change was the placement of the Flowtie in the bumper to a Bowtie in the Grill and the crossbar now matches the body paint color. They did not redesign anything else on the front. It sounds like you are talking about the LT1 front end which really is the base model front that been the same since 2019 (the same year as your car )

2. Your Car is black and you blacked out your Bowtie so it looks like a 2020 for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbanta1983 View Post
I mean are you kidding me? You are gonna tell me why I bought my car haha.
I didn't see anyone telling you why you bought your car, did I miss something here.. Just that you bought a car that looks like the model your saying looks ugly

I think it's funny as hell you posting such a thread...LOL

Jbanta1983, let me help you out here.

2019 SS

2020 SS

2019 Base Camaro

2020 LT1 with V8

Last edited by Memphis SS; 07-24-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:55 AM   #46
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
The looks of the S550 kept me away from this gen of Mustangs, and I owned an S197 and a 69 fastback. I do like the GT350's and the new 500's though. The GT and lower trims look bland and too European to me.
I agree I definitely had to modify my Mustang and I just did lot of work on the engine cover. hated that thing. 69 fastback one of my most favorite cars ..love to see pictures of that some time . I have definitely changed the looks of the 19 Mustang. Inside and out .
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #47
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
People started talking shit about the 19s before they even saw one in person. And thanks to the internet and how much social media can sway public opinion, everyone jumped on the band wagon and tricked themselves into thinking it looked bad before they even got a chance to see it in person. Because that is how internet hive mind thinking works. I have seen the 19s and 20s in person. They do not look bad at all. If anything, maybe a little cartoonish. Maybe not the mature look that the M4s have. But they are definitely not ugly or bad looking. But again, people read something from someone who probably is just a 15 year old kid or someone who is trashing the car because they can't afford it anyway and they go off almost hypnotized into thinking the first thing they read and don't actually give the car a chance.
I'll respectfully disagree. Yes I thought it was ugly once I saw the pics online. Seeing it in person did nothing to change that opinion.

There was obviously enough backlash, feedback that GM felt a change was necessary after only 1 year.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:13 AM   #48
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
The claim that people didn't buy the 19 because of internet hate and a groupthink herd mentality is the funniest thing I've seen today.

GM sells thousands of these cars, and we have hundreds of members on the forum.
The vast majority of buyers do not live on the internet reading about their car, or cars in general.

Some are very true diehards. They can be found on forums.
Confirmation bias will lead you to assume that more people are like them, simply because you deal with the diehards more often and think its the norm, rather than the exception.

GM didn't change the front because the internet hated it.
GM changed the front because buyers walked away from it.
Buyers didn't walk away from it because the internet suggested they should.

Most people that buy the Camaro do it for the performance and are willing to overlook many serious faults for a real world day to day vehicle....... People that concerned on performance, wouldn't have ran so hard just because the internet said its ugly.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:19 AM   #49
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
so if you don't mind me asking I'm thinking about getting a set of recaros for the Camaro and you would say on long trips are pretty comfortable?
They are for me. I drove the SS 1LE with the Recaros for just over 3,000 miles. I did stop for a track day at Dominion and at VIR in between (reason for the trip in the first place) but I had no issues driving the car for 12 hours straight. Stopped just for fuel stops when it was near empty.
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #50
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
The claim that people didn't buy the 19 because of internet hate and a groupthink herd mentality is the funniest thing I've seen today.

GM sells thousands of these cars, and we have hundreds of members on the forum.
The vast majority of buyers do not live on the internet reading about their car, or cars in general.

Some are very true diehards. They can be found on forums.
Confirmation bias will lead you to assume that more people are like them, simply because you deal with the diehards more often and think its the norm, rather than the exception.

GM didn't change the front because the internet hated it.
GM changed the front because buyers walked away from it.
Buyers didn't walk away from it because the internet suggested they should.

Most people that buy the Camaro do it for the performance and are willing to overlook many serious faults for a real world day to day vehicle....... People that concerned on performance, wouldn't have ran so hard just because the internet said its ugly.
The automotive press for the most part was not kind to it either.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:43 AM   #51
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Nice changes, definitely looks better and more aggressive.

Here's my old 69:

1 by BuckeyeBOSS, on Flickr

2 by BuckeyeBOSS, on Flickr
Very nice!!!
Old 07-24-2019, 09:44 AM   #52
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
They are for me. I drove the SS 1LE with the Recaros for just over 3,000 miles. I did stop for a track day at Dominion and at VIR in between (reason for the trip in the first place) but I had no issues driving the car for 12 hours straight. Stopped just for fuel stops when it was near empty.
I might have a chance of picking up a set for $1,000 just wanted a little feedback first. thank you
Old 07-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #53
orange devil
Account Suspended

I wonder how the press and media received the second gen Camaro ?could you imagine if the internet would have been around then? would have make life hard for that second gen Camaro.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #54
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
I wonder how the press and media received the second gen Camaro ?could you imagine if the internet would have been around then? would have make life hard for that second gen Camaro.
The second generation Camaro is one of the most beautiful car designs ever -- especially the 70 with the split bumper. Later variations of it may have been less well received, but overall it was a hit.

The current ZL1 has a lot of similarities with that split bumper 70 2nd. Gen.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #55
Alanarchy

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS NGM, 2015 Murano Plt
It grew on me. Although I prefer my 2017, I think the 2020 looks pretty good imo.
Alanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #56
orange devil
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
The second generation Camaro is one of the most beautiful car designs ever -- especially the 70 with the split bumper. Later variations of it may have been less well received, but overall it was a hit.

The current ZL1 has a lot of similarities with that split bumper 70 2nd. Gen.
I kind of see that with the 19 SS front end as well
Attached Images