Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #533
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I had the same surging with my stock TB and the Soler improved that. Very smooth, however, I noticed a flat spot during light to moderate acceleration from 2200-3000rpm’s, so Mike modified another one for me to try. The modified one helped with the flat spot but not totally however now I lost a bit of that instant sharp throttle response I had with the first one. Mike I’ll be calling you tomorrow to discuss. Either way both of these that I tried are better than stock just not quite there yet.

Edit: I’m running an aftermarket AFE Carbon Fiber cai not stock if that makes any difference.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:07 PM   #534
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I had the same surging with my stock TB and the Soler improved that. Very smooth, however, I noticed a flat spot during light to moderate acceleration from 2200-3000rpm’s, so Mike modified another one for me to try. The modified one helped with the flat spot but not totally however now I lost a bit of that instant sharp throttle response I had with the first one. Mike I’ll be calling you tomorrow to discuss. Either way both of these that I tried are better than stock just not quite there yet.

Edit: I’m running an aftermarket AFE Carbon Fiber cai not stock if that makes any difference.
Has anyone done a battery disconnect that has eliminated the surge. Mine is surging too, but haven't had a chance to disconnect the battery yet. With my sched. it may be a few weeks before I can even think about it.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:57 PM   #535
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
FWIW, I have surging with a TMTB, but NOT with my OEM Throttle Body.

Anyone looking to purchase a TMTB?
Old 09-07-2019, 07:30 AM   #536
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Has anyone done a battery disconnect that has eliminated the surge. Mine is surging too, but haven't had a chance to disconnect the battery yet. With my sched. it may be a few weeks before I can even think about it.
I tried it last night on my stock car, no change from doing the battery disconnect.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:47 AM   #537
V8Addict

Drives: 2016 2SS
Sounds like there are a few hiccups to be worked out, I think I'll wait until all the bugs are eliminated and then get one.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #538
OVRKLL

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post

Just wondering if you had the surging with your OEM TB before you installed that beauty of a CAI?
Also, do you have a tune on your car?

Just throwing these things out there, since it could be something else other than a TB especially if you had this problem with the OEM TB, and the Soler TB helped a little.

That CAI of yours looks Awesome!
Old 09-07-2019, 08:54 AM   #539
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Just wondering if you had the surging with your OEM TB before you installed that beauty of a CAI?
Also, do you have a tune on your car?

Just throwing these things out there, since it could be something else other than a TB especially if you had this problem with the OEM TB, and the Soler TB helped a little.

That CAI of yours looks Awesome!
Yes I had the same surging with the stock cai and stock TB. Stock tune. Thanks for the compliment! The intake tube is real carbon fiber. Best looking cai system IMO!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 08:10 AM   #540
Z0Tex
@texan.1le

Drives: '18 Camaro 1SS 1LE, PDR
FWIW, I haven't had any surging problems with my 2018 SS 1LE, either before the Soler TB or after, or after putting on a Pray Ported IM with the Soler TB. Rev match has been flawless as well. No other mods other than a K&N drop-in filter, if you want to call that a "mod". Did the 8 hour disconnect/reset on mine just before the install too.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:21 PM   #541
Mighty Mouce
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z0Tex View Post
FWIW, I haven't had any surging problems with my 2018 SS 1LE, either before the Soler TB or after, or after putting on a Pray Ported IM with the Soler TB. Rev match has been flawless as well. No other mods other than a K&N drop-in filter, if you want to call that a "mod". Did the 8 hour disconnect/reset on mine just before the install too.

How did you do the disconnect?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:44 PM   #542
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
How did you do the disconnect?

Just disconnect the terminal on the battery. Be mindful of the trunk because it won't open through the remote anymore.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:08 PM   #543
2SS6th

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Will this also help during cruising? Like I do have difficulty passing people sometimes( can’t believe I’m even saying this in a 17 Camaro SS) I’m interested in the Soler throttle body as well as a cold air intake (Rotofab or K&N) hopefully these 2 combinations together will help with acceleration much much more, I enjoy the car very much, but I hate the lag off of idle and cruising, that is my biggest complaint for the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2SS6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:13 AM   #544
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
@soler,

what is your thoughts on these cars "relearning" in time, after a ported throttle body install. Many members have experienced the car becoming lazy once again.
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #545
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post
Will this also help during cruising? Like I do have difficulty passing people sometimes( can’t believe I’m even saying this in a 17 Camaro SS) I’m interested in the Soler throttle body as well as a cold air intake (Rotofab or K&N) hopefully these 2 combinations together will help with acceleration much much more, I enjoy the car very much, but I hate the lag off of idle and cruising, that is my biggest complaint for the car.

Trouble passing??? That one thing the SS does not lack.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #546
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS6th View Post

Thanks for asking, 2SS6th.

Yes, it linearizes the throttle in a way that you can dial the exact amount of power required to pass with confidence w/o being too much. You get what you want at the moment you want it. This is not only useful and safer but it makes daily driving much more fun too. It has also proven to be effective at the track.
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote