Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-09-2019, 08:11 AM   #477
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
It's absolutely wonderful...I have my ffl as a side gig & never expected to be able to run errands it requires in the ZL1. Laying the back seats down & being able to fit multiple packaged long guns is a blessing.

I live in a company truck & never even considered the Camaro could handle such storage & quite impressive....last thing I want to do after driving that bitch 300-400 miles a day is jump back in it for mailing off consignments after work or on the weekends!!
We shoot competitively (4 out of 5 of us) so the ability to haul stuff matters. This is one reason the C8 doesn't appeal to me. If I had one I would have to buy a truck (which I'm going to do next year anyway) AND I would have to do most of my road trips in the truck. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a sports car in the first place.

The Camaro gives me a nice balance between competing needs. The C8 doesn't and the lack of a MT is the deal killer for sure.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 08:23 AM   #478
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD81 View Post
will be enjoying a 19 1LE just the way Chevrolet buit it.
(anyone care to take a guess what the hardest to find 1LE in a few years will be?)
That said I will be taking a hard look at the Corvette in 2022
the 93 1LE?
Old 08-09-2019, 09:17 AM   #479
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
the 93 1LE?
, heck AFAIK the WS6 convertable still required the ordering of the 1LE... if so maybe that? Clearly at some point you going to hit single digits for a option package. IMO, ain't going to be worth what you think. I've seen it my whole life, this is going to be valuable... always beter to put your money into the market in general investment funds. Even the $68,000 Integra Type R... OK lets see I was there $25,000 to roll one in 1997, and that is a low ball price. That is $40,000 today just because of inflation. The stock market is 4x the value and many stocks pay dividens that could have been reinested so say $130K to $150K today. but yeah lucky guy that sold his Type R... cause there were people putting 3x that into Zr1s and Grand Nationals... and these cars are not sell ing for 1/2 million today. I show a 1995 ZR1 to have an averge retail value of $25,000.... LOL, I remember bumping into a lady at McDs with a then new ZR1, she said that she brought it for something close to 100K as an investment and it would be worth a fortune later (well not if you are driving it lady)..... right, should could of rolled a beat house in Austin with decent property now worth 1.2 million and have been renting it out to UT students for $2000 a month for the entire time.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.

Last edited by oldman; 08-09-2019 at 09:32 AM.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:27 AM   #480
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
the 93 1LE?
I guess the 10 they made in 1988 would be hard to locate .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:36 AM   #481
oldman

since all the stuff was bolt on... how much would it be worth??? Right if you look at my vin and this paperwork it says that it is "rare". Nobody cares. Now an Integra Typer R, the sheet metal is thinner in places, much thicker at the suspension pickup points, no side molding (special pannels), no sun roof, and the glass is 10% thinner... so you just can't "make one"... it is part of the chassis.

Even the Shelbys KR were still "bolt ons". So you can buy a BRAND NEW ONE today with plate:http://www.shelby.com/Vehicles/50thGT500KR.pdf

Since you can buy the whole car made 10000% better here:
https://revologycars.com/car/1966-shelby-gt350/

Just like the DOHC Spyder engines.. they got so rare, a company just makes the WHOLE thing now... There goes the value of all thoese used engines... people spent $$$$$$$ on.
http://sstauto.com/listings_portfoli...spyder-engine/ Back in the day it took a brain surgeon's life saving to buy one.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2012/0...now-available/

Long story short, for the amount of money poured into the colletable car market... there is scant value actually in the market. It really is a hobby.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 08-09-2019, 11:41 AM   #482
Dave-ROR

Drives: A few
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
, heck AFAIK the WS6 convertable still required the ordering of the 1LE... if so maybe that? Clearly at some point you going to hit single digits for a option package. IMO, ain't going to be worth what you think. I've seen it my whole life, this is going to be valuable... always beter to put your money into the market in general investment funds. Even the $68,000 Integra Type R... OK lets see I was there $25,000 to roll one in 1997, and that is a low ball price. That is $40,000 today just because of inflation. The stock market is 4x the value and many stocks pay dividens that could have been reinested so say $130K to $150K today. but yeah lucky guy that sold his Type R... cause there were people putting 3x that into Zr1s and Grand Nationals... and these cars are not sell ing for 1/2 million today. I show a 1995 ZR1 to have an averge retail value of $25,000.... LOL, I remember bumping into a lady at McDs with a then new ZR1, she said that she brought it for something close to 100K as an investment and it would be worth a fortune later (well not if you are driving it lady)..... right, should could of rolled a beat house in Austin with decent property now worth 1.2 million and have been renting it out to UT students for $2000 a month for the entire time.
Yeah but a car can be ENJOYED at least Never know if you'll be around to enjoy those retirement funds.

Not that I'm suggesting AGAINST investing.. just to balance it with a life now and a life later. Personally I would never buy a car as an investment.. even though I've had 2 Integra Type-R's and still have one of them.....
HPDE/DD: 2018 Camaro ZL1 1LE || HPDE/DD: 2015 Subaru BRZ ||Tow Vehicle: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1L || Weekend toy: 1994 MR2 Turbo || The other weekend toy: 1993 MR2 Turbo || Track car: 1998 Integra Type-R || Race car: 1996 Integra GS-R || New race car build: 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback

Too many cars.. never.
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 04:08 PM   #483
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
You kinda sent me on a wild goose chase with that WS6 convertible requiring the 1Le to order . I don't think that is true , for the most part WS6 had the 1Le parts right down to the trans mount , except rear sway bar and different bushings in the control arms, but it didn't have the 1Le option . The whole thing around the 1Le is a bit of a mystery really but it strikes an interest in collectors . Any time i have seen a higher dollar amount on a 3rd or 4th gen Camaro they are a 1Le optioned car . I would have to think most of the later 3rd and 4th gens were sold and resold without people even knowing about the 1Le package. They package became very watered down in time .
Old 08-09-2019, 06:01 PM   #484
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I guess the 10 they made in 1988 would be hard to locate .
i think they had 4 in 1988. 111 in 89. i doubt anyone seriously in the market for an 88 1LE would have trouble finding one. presuming there’s still one around.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:37 PM   #485
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
i think they had 4 in 1988. 111 in 89. i doubt anyone seriously in the market for an 88 1LE would have trouble finding one. presuming there’s still one around.
I have heard there was as many as 11 in 1988 , 3 Firebirds . You may be able to find Player Challenge Camaros but not sure i would call them a 1Le or not . There was about 75 a year made and they started in 1986,few years before the 1Le option.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #486
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Yeah but a car can be ENJOYED at least Never know if you'll be around to enjoy those retirement funds.
or the xwife's boy toy has it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Not that I'm suggesting AGAINST investing.. just to balance it with a life now and a life later. Personally I would never buy a car as an investment.. even though I've had 2 Integra Type-R's and still have one of them.....
Yep mine is a 2.1 sleeved engine, 285 engine at 9200 RPM or so, shift at 10,000 (bout the limit of anything that is actually streetable). I go through a carbon syncro tans about once a year, always have a spare... molly center shaft stage III outer shaft even though you can't break a stage II NA.... right I was going to a K20 but decided that the value of the shell is not worth it. I do have a K24 built with supercharger too.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:24 PM   #487
oldman

Quote:
I think the point is, since it is a bolt in.. there is only so much value there. Nobody is impressed with a Vin number .. yawn. Especially since NOTHING was visible. Heck the quad center tip on the SS would be more valuable IMO.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #488
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
a friend of mine has a 66 pontiac GTO triple black,tri power 4 speed matching numbers car,and a whole bunch of pontiac parts from when he owned a restoration shop.he put some of it on e bay...crickets.i believe the people that were into 60s muscle have aged out of the restoration hobby.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #489
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
I think the point is, since it is a bolt in.. there is only so much value there. Nobody is impressed with a Vin number .. yawn. Especially since NOTHING was visible. Heck the quad center tip on the SS would be more valuable IMO.
C8 might change the VIN thing as for $5,000 you can get a custom VIN. Curious to see how that goes. I'd rather spend the $5K on being my own engine builder.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:39 AM   #490
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
C7's will be gobbled up by newer retirees that don't want mid engine super car. The C7 is no slouch. BTW, newer retirees are Corvette's bread n butter, hence % of automatics.

A gently used 2019 Green Stingray sounds sweet. Not ready to retire though.
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote