Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 PM   #4705
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
I planned on going Thursday from the beginning.
Well I was leaving thurs but over night in buffalo and roll in with Trent (trm002) and his gang. Looks like we will be going straight through. I'm torn though, 75 through MI or east through Cleveland and meet buddies. It's about 45 minutes longer but prob worth it.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #4706
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Going to BBOMG!

I've stayed away waaaay too long - lots of plans being made! I want to go to the Oshawa event this year, and my daughter's been wanting to see more of Canada since we went to Niagara Falls five years ago. Sooooo, I mentioned to my husband that we didn't go on a family vacation last year. He said, so where do you want to go? I told him about this, and pointed out that, "the other ladies in the group got their husbands to go." It worked! So now I am figuring out which hotel to book (I'm way too late to get in w/you guys:(), and whether to tack on a couple days before, or after the event, since we figured we'd do a little sightseeing around Toronto or something. If anyone has suggestions, let me know? I want to get this booked sometime in the next couple of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Well I was leaving thurs but over night in buffalo and roll in with Trent (trm002) and his gang. Looks like we will be going straight through. I'm torn though, 75 through MI or east through Cleveland and meet buddies. It's about 45 minutes longer but prob worth it.
We took the MI route when we went to Niagara, and it seemed to take FOR-EV-ER. Even if the Buffalo route is a bit longer, it didn't seem as long - maybe because it's many miles (km?) through nothing but flat farmland from Windsor until Hamilton.

-----------------

On another note, has anyone thought about a winter get-together, since we had to cancel the December dinner?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:52 PM   #4707
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Quote:
Thanks. I'll try to pick some up for BBOMG.
Wait till you see the price

Quote:
People are adding thursday night too just Incase. I did. It can be cancelled if not needed.
I decided to add Thursday night reservation. Called 1-800-Holiday and they didn't even have me registered. They finally told me to call the hotel direct in Oshawa, turns out it becomes a Quality Inn in a couple of weeks. They had my reservation and I added Thursday.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:21 AM   #4708
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Awesome... looks like we should plan on leaving the area sometime Thursday morningish. Seems the way to go is going to be up 71 through Cleveland and around the east side of Erie. I know going through MI may be a tad shorter but there are more folks to meet up with that we know if we head up 71. I think one of the meeting places will be the Columbus area.

Stay tuned for more details.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:29 AM   #4709
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I drive that route around Cleveland a few times per year. I am from Rochester, NY originally and I go up there a lot to visit family. It's best to go 71N to 271 around Cleveland to 90E all the way to Buffalo. Then we can take the expressway from Buffalo through Niagara Falls. That might be the only bottle neck. But it shouldn't be bad on a Thursday.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #4710
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
I've stayed away waaaay too long - lots of plans being made! I want to go to the Oshawa event this year, and my daughter's been wanting to see more of Canada since we went to Niagara Falls five years ago. Sooooo, I mentioned to my husband that we didn't go on a family vacation last year. He said, so where do you want to go? I told him about this, and pointed out that, "the other ladies in the group got their husbands to go." It worked! So now I am figuring out which hotel to book (I'm way too late to get in w/you guys:(), and whether to tack on a couple days before, or after the event, since we figured we'd do a little sightseeing around Toronto or something. If anyone has suggestions, let me know? I want to get this booked sometime in the next couple of days.

We took the MI route when we went to Niagara, and it seemed to take FOR-EV-ER. Even if the Buffalo route is a bit longer, it didn't seem as long - maybe because it's many miles (km?) through nothing but flat farmland from Windsor until Hamilton.
Great to hear you will be going too. I've been to Canada a handful of times but mostly on business so I cannot offer any sightseeing advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Wait till you see the price
I knew the price was high. Sometimes I don't mind paying higher prices for higher quality. I don't mind sharing with my Camaro buddies either.

Quote:
Awesome... looks like we should plan on leaving the area sometime Thursday morningish. Seems the way to go is going to be up 71 through Cleveland and around the east side of Erie. I know going through MI may be a tad shorter but there are more folks to meet up with that we know if we head up 71. I think one of the meeting places will be the Columbus area.

Stay tuned for more details.
I still haven't decided which route I'll take. I know people going through MI as well as NY. I do seem to recall more cops on NY roads the last time I went through. I defintely want to go Thursday morning, pickup the tour bracelet Thursday afternoon and wash my car. I also haven't decided for sure what I might do about Toronto traffic. I may just take the 407 and pay the tolls when they send me a bill.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #4711
Darth_Emma

Is there info available for signing up for the tour? I had not see that. Where do I sign up to get a tour bracelet?
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM   #4712
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Is there info available for signing up for the tour? I had not see that. Where do I sign up to get a tour bracelet?
Signing up for the tour must be done via the OCC website; however, it isn't ready yet. If you provide your email address to the BBOMG organizers, they should email us when registration is ready to begin.

From post 567 in BBOMG thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtoolman View Post
Scott AKA Canadian Camaro re post # 533,
First things first.In November you "Told" me to stay off the forums.I honoured that out of respect for the BBOMG group even though you do not own this forum or website.Secondly yesterday at 4pm GM made the official announcement about The 23rd Ontario Camaro Nationals and Camaro Homecoming events on the OCC website homepage with factual points laid out under the OC Nationals tab that links to 2011 Nationals page.This was a GM announcement.There are no points on there that need to be clarified but to answer some of the items you pointed out earlier here are the clear facts.
1-The OCC 23rd Nationals are June 10,11,12 at the Assembly Plant (fact)
2-The Camaro Homecoming Tour is June 10th (fact)
3-Tour will be filled on a first come first served basis forall involved.No group will get preferred treatment.It will be an electronic registration process.(fact)
4-There are 3000 spots available on the Tour.(fact)
5-There will be two ways to register for the tour online.(fact)
1st-$35 which includes -1 vehicle on OCC show grounds for weekend
-1 event t-shirt
-1 dash plaque
-inclusion in weekend prize draws
-Access for "up" to 4 tour passes
2nd-$10 (for people who fly in etc without a car) which includes
-Weekend pass to show events(no vehicle)
and inclusion in weekend prize draws
-Access for "up"to 4 tour passes
****If you register for $10 to take the tour and arrive in a Camaro/Firebird it will be directed to park in general parking away from show site****(fact)
6-All tour regiatration will be online(details to follow)(fact)
7-Yes tamperproof wrist bands will be required to go on the tour.(fact)
8-When registration becomes available all you need to do is choose which way you want to register for the events.$35 or $10 package.On the registration form you will indicate how many tour passes you require up to a maximum of 4 per registration.Then you will use the online checkout provided.(fact)
9-Now here is the procedure for obtaining your wristbands.There will be a registration tent on the OCC show grounds(fact)Tent will be available for wristband distribution around noon Thursday June 9th(still to be confirmed closer to show date).The person who is named on the registration form will be required to attend the registration tent along with all others listed on registration form (4max)for tour event.At this time tamper proof wristbands will be attached to tour participants.If your people are not with you you will have to go and find them.Wrist bands will not be handed out."They must be attached".This is your access to the tour.(fact)

10-You will not get access to plant tour without registering or wearing the wristbands.(fact)
11-Lastly this is just a suggestion.With 3000 people expected for the tour it might be a wise idea to plan on being in town on Thursday to check in and obtain your wristbands.This way you get to avoid lineups Friday morning at the registration tent and you can just go to the plant entrance and proceed on the tour at your own pace.
In closing I will respect BBOMG and remain off this forum topic(unless I see some misinformation relating to OCC)I will open a new forum topic for The 23rd Ontario Camaro Nationals and Camaro Homecoming where I will answer any questions I can in relation to OCC events.I am also on the OCC forum and can answer questions there.Remember we are all volunteers so be patient.We must all remember that it is GM who is opening the doors of their plant to us for this event and this is why we are all here.All “REGISTERED” Camaro’s and Firebirds (F-Bodies) will be a part of this record setting weekend.Please enjoy whatever weekend event you choose to attend.
I am now going to ask you “Canadian Camaro” to please refrain from quoting the OCC in any of your postings.
Also from fbodfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All - I'm very concerned about the mis-information that's been circulating about the Event.

To be clear: We have been working with the Ontario Camaro Club on holding an International Camaro/Firebird event at a Camaro plant since the days when they were built at Ste. Therese. Unfortunately that wasn't to be. Since then, we've been discussing the event with Oshawa - and the time is now right to open the doors to you, our enthusiasts.

Our initial announcement was ONLY to allow you to block the date and to start the process of passport acquisition. Unfortunately a lot of confusion started when plans were made that weren't known to the OCC or Chevrolet.

To be clear -

From our announcement earlier this week:

".....The Plant Tour will occur on Friday, June 10, 2011 and will be open to owners (past and present) of Camaros and Firebirds. Tour spots will be filled on a first come, first served basis upon registration. To support the OCC in their fundraising efforts, those who secure a spot on the tour will be asked to contribute $10 (CDN) which will be donated to the Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus Association of Ontario. Your $10 dollar contribution secures a spot for you and up to three guests (over the age of 12) on the tour.

For those bringing their Camaro or Firebird, registration with the OCC Nationals is required to secure parking in the official event area. We want to set some Guinness World Records, so please bring your cars, if you can – the more, the better! The cost to register your car is $35 (CDN) and no additional contribution is required if you secure a spot on the tour...."

So I would ask that we all suspend interpretations and allow the OCC to get their registration site up (they are enhancing their site to make it easier to register)

We expect many clubs and organizations to attend this event - however, you can imagine the chaos if each group made its own plans for inclusion within the event - thus, it is crucial that we have ONE organizing club -- The Ontario Camaro Club (just as we had Central Indiana Camaro Club as our host and organizing club at Indianapolis in 2000, 2002, and 2009.) in order to curb confusion.

Thank you for your understanding.
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #4713
Darth_Emma

Thanks, heinzd01!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #4714
SilverIceman

Also from BBOMG:

Just a FYI for anyone who made reservations at the Oshawa "Holiday Inn" conference centre. The Holiday Inn will be changing to Quality Inn as of next Tuesday (or so). When I tried to confirm my reservation via confirmation number on their website (Holiday Inn), it gave me an error; then when I called the Holiday Inn 1 877 410 6667 toll free number on my confirmation email, they stated they had NO Holiday Inn in Oshawa at 1011 Bloor st (WTF). ONLY by calling the original 1-905-576-5101 number was I able to confirm with guest services I had my rooms (using my original confirmation #).

The original website doesn't work either, but this is the new one that will "be coming soon";

http://www.qualityhoteloshawa.com/
Old 01-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #4715
SilverIceman

Quote:

I knew the price was high. Sometimes I don't mind paying higher prices for higher quality. I don't mind sharing with my Camaro buddies either.
Yes, you've been very generous to all of us.

Quote:
I still haven't decided which route I'll take. I know people going through MI as well as NY. I do seem to recall more cops on NY roads the last time I went through. I defintely want to go Thursday morning, pickup the tour bracelet Thursday afternoon and wash my car. I also haven't decided for sure what I might do about Toronto traffic. I may just take the 407 and pay the tolls when they send me a bill.
I have no preference as to the route. But I'll probably follow the guy with the Patron.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 PM   #4716
Darth_Emma

I just called the hotel. I extended my reservation to include Thursday, Fri., and Sat. nights.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:25 PM   #4717
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

The switch over will be no big deal. When I added Thursday, the mentioned it and told me to rest assured, all reservation will transfer over. That won't stop me from confirming in a few weeks after the switch!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:30 PM   #4718
Drew10
Enjoys a good train wreck

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Thanks. I'll try to pick some up for BBOMG.
Woha?!!! I didn't know BBOMG would include tequila. Sounds like I need to get up to speed.
Drew10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?