Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 11-13-2017, 08:59 PM   #44815
Joker75

Drives: 18 LS/1LE V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@JamesMartinChevy View Post

She has Camaro's & Corvette's....
.......and loves to drive...

....Wonder where she got that from......

Becky
It must be genetic. She does look adorable in her little racecar.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2017, 09:12 PM   #44816
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker75 View Post
It must be genetic. She does look adorable in her little racecar.

Now ...
.........I have to teach Payton...
...... to park her cars... Better....
Name:  Payton2.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  119.4 KB

Becky
Old 11-13-2017, 10:33 PM   #44817
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I figured at this point in my life, I could afford to splurge a little bit, and buy myself a not so practical vehicle. And, what better vehicle to throw my hard earned money at than the one I have been wanting for as long as I can remember.

I realize that I'm placing some pretty lofty expectations on a little old V6 Camaro, but it is what I could afford, and will blow the doors off of my current Subaru Impreza, so it should pacify my lust, until I can swing a big kid version.
Joker75, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the V6, you can definitely trust BeckyD with that. It's still a beast despite not sporting a V8---even my humble non-1LE V6 already makes me smile every single time when I see the intro animation and hear the LGX come to life, let alone when shoving down the pedal.

Worry not, try to be patient and remember this when you first go WOT on her Oh, and best of all, you'll have a clear and long upgrade path with the V6
Old 11-13-2017, 11:02 PM   #44818
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Joker75, I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed with the V6, you can definitely trust BeckyD with that. It's still a beast despite not sporting a V8---even my humble non-1LE V6 already makes me smile every single time when I see the intro animation and hear the LGX come to life, let alone when shoving down the pedal.

Worry not, try to be patient and remember this when you first go WOT on her Oh, and best of all, you'll have a clear and long upgrade path with the V6
I'm sure that damned break in period is going to be just as tortuous as all of my current, hurry up and wait, woes. I did test drive a 2017 1LS/1LE, that was sitting on the lot at a local dealer, before pulling the trigger on my order. As luck would have it, it was even the same color as the one I ordered. If it would have had the upgraded stereo, I would probably be enjoying that ride, instead of enjoying the suspense of waiting for the one custom made for me.

The other big decision maker was knowing that my ordered camaro will not be test driven and beaten up by anyone else. I was actually fairly gentle when I test drove the local one, as I did not want to be, "that guy," to someone else's car. Even holding back to part throttle, and barely taking it past 4k RPM, I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

I can't wait until mine is broken in and I can see what she's really capable of.

I was reading something online, a few days ago, discussing the unpredictability of Gems shipping system, and they stated that only about 5% of new vehicle purchases are custom orders. That's a fun, elite group to now be a member of. I am very glad that I didn't just settle for what a local dealer had sitting on his lot, because I know that I'll ultimately be more satisfied knowing that every option on this car is there because I wanted, or needed it, not because some lackey at the dealership chose to check that random box, that day. ( No offense intended, Becky) I can't see you haphazardly checking boxes on anything.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:35 AM   #44819
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
I'm sure that damned break in period is going to be just as tortuous as all of my current, hurry up and wait, woes. I did test drive a 2017 1LS/1LE, that was sitting on the lot at a local dealer, before pulling the trigger on my order. As luck would have it, it was even the same color as the one I ordered. If it would have had the upgraded stereo, I would probably be enjoying that ride, instead of enjoying the suspense of waiting for the one custom made for me.

The other big decision maker was knowing that my ordered camaro will not be test driven and beaten up by anyone else. I was actually fairly gentle when I test drove the local one, as I did not want to be, "that guy," to someone else's car. Even holding back to part throttle, and barely taking it past 4k RPM, I was pretty impressed with what I saw.

I can't wait until mine is broken in and I can see what she's really capable of.

I was reading something online, a few days ago, discussing the unpredictability of Gems shipping system, and they stated that only about 5% of new vehicle purchases are custom orders. That's a fun, elite group to now be a member of. I am very glad that I didn't just settle for what a local dealer had sitting on his lot, because I know that I'll ultimately be more satisfied knowing that every option on this car is there because I wanted, or needed it, not because some lackey at the dealership chose to check that random box, that day. ( No offense intended, Becky) I can't see you haphazardly checking boxes on anything.

Oh, I hear you, loud and clear. There is something truly special about knowing that this car was exclusively configured by and built for you. Makes it all the more personal. One might need to keep those OCD tendencies in check, though... I'm still having a hard time allowing anyone to even enter the car, let alone drive it (no way), hehe I try to keep telling myself it's just a car.

The hour I spent discussing and configuring the new vehicle with the sales guy at the dealership was already immensely gratifying. (This was the first time I'd ever bought a new vehicle, and, suffice to say, I'm not a millennial.) Also, I got somewhat lucky with the order timeline "lottery", it took 7 weeks from 1000 to 6000 status, almost to the day the sales rep predicted (and I spent half of that on vacation, which made the wait a bit easier).

All that said, hope it's just a few more days for you and you'll still be able to enjoy your new Camaro this year You guys probably don't get the same snow torrents as we tend to here in NJ.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #44820
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Hey Becky, any shipping update on my order since it has been a couple of weeks?

VPDXP6

I'm swapping places with you this week.. We are headed to Vegas for the SKUSA Supernats on Thursday!
2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Old 11-14-2017, 07:37 AM   #44821
Joker75

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Oh, I hear you, loud and clear. There is something truly special about knowing that this car was exclusively configured by and built for you. Makes it all the more personal. One might need to keep those OCD tendencies in check, though... I'm still having a hard time allowing anyone to even enter the car, let alone drive it (no way), hehe I try to keep telling myself it's just a car.

The hour I spent discussing and configuring the new vehicle with the sales guy at the dealership was already immensely gratifying. (This was the first time I'd ever bought a new vehicle, and, suffice to say, I'm not a millennial.) Also, I got somewhat lucky with the order timeline "lottery", it took 7 weeks from 1000 to 6000 status, almost to the day the sales rep predicted (and I spent half of that on vacation, which made the wait a bit easier).

All that said, hope it's just a few more days for you and you'll still be able to enjoy your new Camaro this year You guys probably don't get the same snow torrents as we tend to here in NJ.
Yesterday was the 1 month mark, from when I handed over my down payment. I handed the dealership my cash on a Friday evening, and the order didn't actually get entered until Monday October 16th, since the sales manager was not in until then. I was pleasantly surprised, when I found out that my TPW had been moved from November 20th, to November 6th. If mine is able to catch a train ride in the near future, I may have her between 5 and 6 weeks from the the initial order date, which is pretty impressive, considering all of the logistics involved.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:00 AM   #44822
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:

1100 Status

Becky
Hi Becky,
I can't remember whether or not the status can change daily or weekly so I hope I'm not asking again too soon, but...

VSJKMT

Hoping to get this truck in time for Christmas, as I'm selling my current truck to my sister and brother-in-law (for my nephew - Christmas present). It looks like I'm cutting it close
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
Old 11-14-2017, 08:27 AM   #44823
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Hey Becky, any shipping update on my order since it has been a couple of weeks?

VPDXP6

I'm swapping places with you this week.. We are headed to Vegas for the SKUSA Supernats on Thursday!
Good Morning

4300 Status

...not yet....

Are you racing?
..if so...post a pic of your equipment..

Bcky
Old 11-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #44824
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMike View Post
Hi Becky,
I can't remember whether or not the status can change daily or weekly so I hope I'm not asking again too soon, but...

VSJKMT

Hoping to get this truck in time for Christmas, as I'm selling my current truck to my sister and brother-in-law (for my nephew - Christmas present). It looks like I'm cutting it close

'Morning

1100 Status

At this point it needs to be placed 1st- with available alloction.
...the next order begins Thursday.

Becky
Old 11-14-2017, 09:02 AM   #44825
Ricco

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Vert A10
Quote:
Good Morning

4300 Status

...not yet....

Are you racing?
..if so...post a pic of your equipment..

Bcky
Thanks for checking.

We wont be racing at Supernats but my boys race locally at club races and regionally too.

This is their first full year racing and they have both done tremendously well. We took home 2nd place in Microswift at TPKC and 3rd place in LO206 Cadet in Texas Sprint Race Series. Very proud of them both!

2005 STI
2001 2.5 RS

Previous cars in chronological order
2016 GT350, 2014 MEV Rocket, 2013 Nissan Qashqai + 2, 1.6L Diesel, 2010 Nissan Note 1.5L Diesel, 2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins, 2009 Subaru Impreza STI, 2005 Dodge Ram 1500, 2004 Mini Cooper S, 1997 Subaru Impreza Catalunya special Edition, 1992 Daihatsu Charade GTti, 1978 Mk1 Ford Fiesta
Old 11-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #44826
Texan4iu
BLEW BIU

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Hyper Blue
GM all, especially you, Becky!

Just wanted to check & see if there was any change in status on my baby. VRXMJH.

Also, the picture of your garage that you posted yesterday, are those ALL yours???
Old 11-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #44827
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
Thanks for checking.

We wont be racing at Supernats but my boys race locally at club races and regionally too.

This is their first full year racing and they have both done tremendously well. We took home 2nd place in Microswift at TPKC and 3rd place in LO206 Cadet in Texas Sprint Race Series. Very proud of them both!

Awesome!...Congrats to Both!

Becky
Old 11-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #44828
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4iu View Post
GM all, especially you, Becky!

Just wanted to check & see if there was any change in status on my baby. VRXMJH.

Also, the picture of your garage that you posted yesterday, are those ALL yours???
Good Morning

3100 Status TPW 11/27

....The Krypton Green ZL1 is not mine...

Although...
....I do Have a Summit White 2017 ZL1 - not in the pic.

Becky

Closed Thread

Tags
becky, beckyd, beckyd@jamesmartinchevy, beckyd@rodgerschevrolet