Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #29
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I am just glad there is another thread about catch cans!

+1. LOL.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:22 PM   #30
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
People.

The question about brake fluid was- does the brake fluid need to be changed, or can more be added. Not 'is it a good idea to change it, and is there a way to increase capacity'.

Dark brake fluid or the validity of getting a separate clutch reservoir are very good points. Unfortunately I do not think you have grasped the whole of the question. "Can more be added" is a red flag here. I performed remote troubleshooting for years, and I don't feel like I'm going out on a limb when I say that there's a suggestion of a problem.
The only thing that I think suggest that there may not be an issue is that the calipers contain more fluid as the brake linings (pads) wear. Before I replaced my pads, I would get the low fluid light under heavy breaking / rev match clutching. Once new pads were installed and the fluid was back up in the reservoir apposed to being in the calipers, the light never came back on. Just my thoughts.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote