Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2014, 07:33 PM   #29
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Last time I did this was a little over a year ago. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253842

laditee was the overall favorite by my Marine buds. There was a picture of her Camaro inside a tank.

Camaro 21 had his car printed out as a photograph and was hung up at the VA in North Chicago.

That was just to name a few.

BowtieBelle still has her Camaro hanging up near the drummer of my friend's band Rise Against.

Lonestar's Camaro still hangs up in my niece's room.

Strictly up to you guys.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:49 PM   #30
Ocmert
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
People post stupid pictures here all the time about other cars.
Just download and send to your friends.
I would not lose sleep over it.
Ocmert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 08:55 PM   #31
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I can't propagate something that already happened.

Nobody's denying that you're just answering, and nobody's given you a hard time. It's completely OK for me to provide counterpoint.

I'm glad that you can agree that your particular experience with this issue is not really the same as the scenario proposed. But by the same token, it is still just as true that you cannot expect anything you put online to remain private or secure. It's the nature of the beast. A quick Google search and bam: many images show up. Most people do not even have the thought cross their minds that says "hey that's not my image".

And then again, asking permission is not quite the same as giving credit, would you agree? Using a different situation, if I re-record somebody's song and just credit them, that is not the same as having secured permission.

But that is beside the point. In this particular scenario of a car forum, you do not have any semblance of "security". Not only can any non-member peruse the pages, but we do not own the forum and our terms of service do not grant us a guarantee of anything. This is an interesting snippet from the Terms of Service of this very forum (boldface by me for emphasis):

"By submitting, displaying or posting content on the Site, you hereby grant us a nonexclusive global license to reproduce, publish, modify, and distribute the content submitted by you to the Site. You also grant the Site global nonexclusive adaptation and resale rights over any content and material submitted to the Site. These nonexclusive publishing license and resale/adaptation rights extend to any materials submitted "for publication" within the Site, including both message board postings and content submitted for uploading and subsequent publishing within non-message board portions of the Site"

Food for thought!

You want to address the moral issue proposed here, and while that is germane to the overall issue and makes a fine discussion, it impacts the inevitable outcome very little. That said, please be wary of attributing to me any qualities that puts me in a state of agreement with theft. I'm simply stating the fact that it's already 'out there' the second you post the image. My own moral compass is not influenced by that outcome. I do however find it necessary to consider anything I post anywhere online to be 100% out of my control forevermore.

I have spent a good bit of my own money and an appreciable amount of my time on third party work for a flight simulator, completely for free. This includes research and artwork. To be a little vain, it was very well received and widely downloaded. It is available for free download and it is now out of my hands. I can and have asked people to please respect the work I put into it and to not pretend it is their work or to upload it somewhere else without my permission, or to alter it and then upload it.

So far that has seemed to work; it's been about seven years. But I also had to reconcile myself to the fact that no matter what I ask, I cannot enforce anything.
Alright, I will concede. I did not know about that section in the terms & conditions (nor the existence of terms and conditions), so I will agree that OP has permission to use, without prior contact to the owner, any image posted here.

I would also like to clarify that I do not associate you with any kind of theft, whether it be actual or imagined. My personal belief is that the thieves are the people that originally stole the work (not applicable for this forum as reusing would not be stealing), and any person that then used the image was victim to the same thief, not knowing the material was owned. For my own situation, I only pushed charges against the people that originally stole, no one else.

Good debate though, I will give you that. I don't often loose, and it is refreshing to debate with someone better
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #32
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Go Ahead
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:23 PM   #33
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
who the hell cares, just use whatever picture you want. It was put on the INTERNET, where everything is public. You sending a picture off this site is no different than that person coming on here and just looking it up.
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 09:39 PM   #34
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post

Good debate though, I will give you that. I don't often loose, and it is refreshing to debate with someone better
You dont often loose? Or lose?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #35
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
I really don't mind if you post any of my pictures. However, I would like you to send me $100.00 for each picture of mine you post. So please post a lot and post often.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #36
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
If it's online, share it.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:40 PM   #37
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
This is an interesting thread. I post my photos on here periodically and on Facebook from time to time. I'm not a "pro" photographer even though I get paid from time to time. The photos I post are mainly just to showcase my work for other people to see. I'm flattered when people share them or comment on them but I'd be pissed if 1) someone sold my photo without my permission or 2) claimed my photo was theirs. Now all that being said, they are posted on the Internet but I only post photos at lower resolution so that if someone wants to try and print them they would be pretty fuzzy. Sometimes though I think a photo would make a really cool computer desktop image so I'll post it with a watermark. Those I'm sure have been stolen but hey, I posted it so it goes with the territory. In the end, if you fear your photo might be stolen, then don't put it on the Internet. If you like someone else's photo, don't be an a-hole and take credit for it, just acknowledge the talent of the photographer and pass it along. Just my $.02.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #38
tmcclint

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
I "F" this all up. I showed an emblem to a budy that I saw on here. I wanted to use it as a hood liner. So budy shows up at house a week later with the emblem as a full decal. I was like WOW. Looked killer and never really thought about it. Till I posted a pic of it finished and said member wasn't to happy. I felt like crap. I still haven't put it on the car even though I think it would look killer. Not sure how long would be good to wait to ask if I could use it.
Still feel like a dick. I never thought it would bother if it was posted. I was wrong
A few weeks ago I was out shooting with my camera. I lined up a shot I thought looked really nice. I snapped the photo and showed the back of my camera to a friend. That friend pulled out their camera and took the exact same shot. Before I could get home and process my photos, that friend had posted my shot on Facebook (but did tag me in the caption). I was more than a little pissed that they took my photo (the exact composition and exposure) and posted it before me because they would never have seen that shot without seeing mine first. We all like to be unique whether it be our cars or photos. You apologized to the original idea owner which shows you at least care. I probably wouldn't use the work your buddy did though unless the original owner was okay with it and it closely resembles his original work. That's just me though. Don't beat yourself up about it too much. I've taken other people's ideas but always made them my own (enough that I wouldn't get accused of plagiarism anyway). There's just a fine line when it comes to that and some peoples lines are thinner than others, that's all. I hope it all works out.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #39
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
its the internet. dont post something you wouldnt want the whole world to see. do what you want.
True! Like Facebook , once it's out there it's for the public!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #40
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Go ahead I don't think I have many pictures anyways but I don't mind .

Most people I don't think will mind as long as you are not making money or saying false information -
Old 11-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #41
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercarfanatic View Post
Alright, I will concede. I did not know about that section in the terms & conditions (nor the existence of terms and conditions), so I will agree that OP has permission to use, without prior contact to the owner, any image posted here.

I would also like to clarify that I do not associate you with any kind of theft, whether it be actual or imagined. My personal belief is that the thieves are the people that originally stole the work (not applicable for this forum as reusing would not be stealing), and any person that then used the image was victim to the same thief, not knowing the material was owned. For my own situation, I only pushed charges against the people that originally stole, no one else.

I dunno about "better". But I am impressed you took the time to read my rambling!
Old 11-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #42
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Asking permission from the "internet" to "use the Internet"... I've seen it all now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap