Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #29
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Yea, They don't want street racers to become a problem so they entice people to street race?? So what would happen if the vehicle he enticed to race lost control and ran over and killed a pedestrian? Revenue...plain and simple.

Last edited by RobertRS; 06-01-2014 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #30
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
I would report it to the Surprise Police department for sure, one thing we do not need more of here in Phoenix is more crazy drivers. Officer or no officer that is endangering the public.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #31
07-SRT

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I was data logging my SRT for my tuner and was pulled over on the interstate with my hazards on getting ready to do a pull when this cop pulls up behind me with flashers, He sees I have the laptop and predator connected to the car. He told me to do that sh*t at the track and my car is fast enough anyway... lol. He ask me to do a "smoke show" when I pull out ( does he really think I'm that dumb) I said - I don't think so...

2015 Camaro 2SS

Cam/Heads/FBO 498/447 SAE
Old 06-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #32
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Yea, They don't want street racers to become a problem so they entice people to street race?? So what would happen if the vehicle he enticed to race lost control and ran over and killed a pedestrian? Revenue...plain and simple.

You have to understand, about half the cops out there are good people trying to do good things. but the other half are simply on a power trip. they're looking for someone to push around, harass, cite, or arrest so they can throw their authority around a little bit.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #33
Z28bryan

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LS
It is not entrapment. If you have the choice to do the right thing then its not entrapment. Same with undercover stings and everything else. As long as you have the choice to do the right thing its not entrapment.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #34
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
You have to understand, about half the cops out there are good people trying to do good things. but the other half are simply on a power trip. they're looking for someone to push around, harass, cite, or arrest so they can throw their authority around a little bit.
Let's assume your percentage stats are right on the money and I'll follow up with a response of "half good cops ain't enough". As a matter of fact ,I'd consider that ratio to be of epidemic proportions.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #35
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillis View Post
Yes. So what's your point. Cops can pretty much do whatever they want. After he busts your ass he'll be at the bar bragging and laughing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Let's just say that someone comes to you , as you pass by a Bank , he notice that you are packing , he also got one under his shirt , the guy walks right on your side for about a few seconds and as the two man pass in front off the bank main door , he says to you as he turns into the bank entry , let's get this bank Money now .

You follow him into the branch and while moving to the teller , the first guy pulls the gun and tells you , Don't move , drop your weapon , you are under arest !

Should the first guy also go to jail ?

HELL. yes , he start the all thing !

Just making a weird lawyer point ?

Or one can use it for the Undercover Mustang Officer too?

My point
Old 06-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #36
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28bryan View Post
It is not entrapment. If you have the choice to do the right thing then its not entrapment. Same with undercover stings and everything else. As long as you have the choice to do the right thing its not entrapment.
An undercover sting is a bit different than enticing someone to speed on a public byway full of unwary motorists and pedestrians. If this police behavior is warranted then one would think there would be enough willing street racers and speeders to track down without stimulating the numbers. It's revenue driven.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #37
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
All the jailhouse lawyers here.....

It's not entrapment. Nor are they rogue cops on power trips. They are bait cars. And they work by word of mouth. It keeps morons from racing if they know these cars are out there. You might as well say car thieves who steal bait cars can go to court and say "well your honor the car was nice and it was out there so it was police entrapment..." Christ... You're not going to get a ticket for "street racing" if you take the bait. You're going to get all kinds of citations for reckless driving and failure to obey laws and speeding and whatnot. The "he was racing too" argument is one of the dumbest things I've read on here. Next time you get a speeding ticket go to court and tell the judge "yes your honor I was speeding so that means he had to speed too to catch me so he also broke the law" and see where that gets you. As for the bank robbery analogy a few posts back... Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say to that. Asinine is the word that comes to mind. I'm so done...
Old 06-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #38
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
A lot of them seem to forget they are public servants
Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #39
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Douche bag. Regardless of what the attempt is, it's completely ridiculous. Cops are supposed to protect and serve and catch people breaking the law. Instead I see this and them pulling over the housewife in her minivan because he was in a hiding place and he caught her going 38 in a 30. I'm so glad I pay taxes for that.

@OP. Haha I recognize the Transformers photo, I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago, I have a photo of them as well.
Old 06-01-2014, 01:44 PM   #40
shane4

Drives: Honda. Camaro in the future.
In this thread idiots mad about cops infringing on their "rights" to street race.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #41
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane4 View Post
In this thread idiots mad about cops infringing on their "rights" to street race.
Reading comprehension is key, as I'm positive nobody has once stated that. You're far more of an idiot for making an assumption off of your poor logic. The reality is nobody likes cops in fast cars trying to bait them into tickets. Also, it's more dangerous to bait people into speeding merely so they can ticket you. You don't create a danger and THEN pretend you're stopping one. That's like shooting at someone and then arresting them because they shot back.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #42
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Reading comprehension is key, as I'm positive nobody has once stated that. You're far more of an idiot for making an assumption off of your poor logic. The reality is nobody likes cops in fast cars trying to bait them into tickets. Also, it's more dangerous to bait people into speeding merely so they can ticket you. You don't create a danger and THEN pretend you're stopping one. That's like shooting at someone and then arresting them because they shot back.
You're as wrong as he is. No one was creating a danger. the street is empty when they do that and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, there was NEVER, at any point in time, going to be an actual race. The minute some numbnuts takes the bait and speeds off the red and blues are coming on and they're getting pulled over. Whys that so hard to understand? It's a bait car. It's sole purpose is to bait idiots. If you're not an idiot then you have nothing to worry about. Judging from how many people on this thread seem worried.... Says a lot about what camaro5 has become.

Closed Thread