Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #29
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Congrats on the new car.
You had fun the Camaro for the last 4 years that all it matters.
I myself like to trade for a new vehicle every couple of years.
People who say negative comments are just jealous.
Enjoy.
I don't believe anyone was being negative, we're all entitled to our opinions after all. Not to mention we all here drive Camaro's, so we all definitely own a nice vehicle. I can't speak for everyone else, I'm just disappointed they changed the look I loved.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #30
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Was Jeep trying to make the front end look asian? Because they succeeded!
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:22 PM   #31
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
I'd think your V6 camaro would have same or better mpg. How much did you have to pay extra? That money could have paid for a bunch of gas. I bet the save money on gas argument is a bunch of bologna you tell yourself that isn't really true. Now if you said wanted something better in snow, now that's a more legit reason. But people don't buy SUV's to save money on gas.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:34 PM   #32
rscheff3

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS, 97 Wrangler Sport
You'll like the Jeep, they're awesome. It's sad you couldn't have kept both though. The first car I ever bought was a 1997 TJ wrangler and I still have it. If I don't have kids someday who will appreciate it I'll probably asked to be buried in it.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/ is a good resource as well. I've learned quite a bit from there about my TJ. Good luck, and if you ever want to come back I can attest to the fact that owning both a Jeep and a Camaro is awesome. Drive the Jeep for a while and the Camaro feels like a race car. Drive the Camaro for a while and the Jeep feels like a tank. Just make sure at least one is a convertible for those beautiful days though.
rscheff3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #33
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Nice choice going with Jeep, and good luck with it! FCA (Fiat Chrysler) did a really nice job with the new Cherokee.

I don't know of any Cherokee-specific forums, but the big Wrangler Forums and the Grand Cherokee forums usually have sections for other models as well. Check into one of those and see if you can't find internet mecca for the new Cherokee.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #34
Dubscamaro
Living Life in MPH.

Drives: 15 Summit White 2SS 1LE
why not srt?
Old 05-11-2014, 09:39 PM   #35
lcrngrs

Drives: 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddoggyusa View Post
I'd think your V6 camaro would have same or better mpg. How much did you have to pay extra? That money could have paid for a bunch of gas. I bet the save money on gas argument is a bunch of bologna you tell yourself that isn't really true. Now if you said wanted something better in snow, now that's a more legit reason. But people don't buy SUV's to save money on gas.
As I said in my original post I was getting 21 mpg so deciding on the jeep which I should average around 25 helps somewhat but really had no impact. After the winter we had here in NJ and my longer commute I decided that I needed a four wheel drive vehicle. So all of your comments would have been better suited if you actually took the time and read my first post correctly.
lcrngrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #36
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Nice choice going with Jeep, and good luck with it! FCA (Fiat Chrysler) did a really nice job with the new Cherokee.

I don't know of any Cherokee-specific forums, but the big Wrangler Forums and the Grand Cherokee forums usually have sections for other models as well. Check into one of those and see if you can't find internet mecca for the new Cherokee.
Thank You. If there is one out there as good as this forum is I'll find it. Or....start one up. LOL
Old 05-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #37
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
Was Jeep trying to make the front end look asian? Because they succeeded!
At least you chose the politically correct term.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #38
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
why not srt?
Really not a fan of it but they are nice.

Last edited by lcrngrs; 05-11-2014 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #39
jdsblueray2013

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2ssrs Blue Ray
Send a message via Yahoo to jdsblueray2013
As soon as I seen one of these new style of jeep I thought of a vehicross a buddy of mine use to own, front end on the jeep is a little different. Well good luck with your new Mopar. Maybe when the 6th gen arrives you'll return.
jdsblueray2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 PM   #40
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Congrats on the new car.
You had fun the Camaro for the last 4 years that all it matters.
I myself like to trade for a new vehicle every couple of years.
People who say negative comments are just jealous.
Enjoy.
Thank you very much. It was a decision that took two months to make, and you are right. I had four years of fun and tons of compliments.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #41
lcrngrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsblueray2013 View Post
As soon as I seen one of these new style of jeep I thought of a vehicross a buddy of mine use to own, front end on the jeep is a little different. Well good luck with your new Mopar. Maybe when the 6th gen arrives you'll return.
Only if its AWD.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:05 PM   #42
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcrngrs View Post
As I said in my original post I was getting 21 mpg so deciding on the jeep which I should average around 25 helps somewhat but really had no impact. After the winter we had here in NJ and my longer commute I decided that I needed a four wheel drive vehicle. So all of your comments would have been better suited if you actually took the time and read my first post correctly.
I did read it. But this argument rarely makes sense.

How much did you pay extra? $10k?

Even if your gas numbers are correct, you save 3 mpg. Lets say you drive 20k miles a year. You saved yourself a whopping 110 gallons, or less than $400/year. So it will take you 25 years till you break even.

And that's if your gas mileage numbers are correct, which look suspect.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote