Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #29
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quit crying!!!
They aren't going to F**K you over!!! The guy at the dealership that told you they were in the basement probably thought they were. You will get whats due to you.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #30
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyrocker View Post
Dealers should have a form called a "we owe". On that form they can put down what you paid for that is not on the car currently. If you paid MSRP for your vehicle, and the invoice shows that the car is supposed to have certain options that are not installed, you should have no problem getting the dealer to fix the issue once the parts become available at no cost to you.
My dealer did that and gave it to me in writing= Didn't get painted engine cover w/car.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #31
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
I didn't have an issue with getting the GFX, as we ordered them 3 months ago, however, we did think the stipes would show up with the car but won't be here for another 10 days. Engine cover is on backorder but none of that hasn't stopped the onlookers or me driving this most amazing machine. I know it will all get here in do time just like the car did..... and that was definitely worth the wait!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #32
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Its not a scam and isnt due to bankruptcy. The painted engine cover has been on constraint for weeks now. Yeah it sucks to pay and not get something, but you have it in writing that you get the GFX(window sticker) when it comes you will get it installed. This is a new build of a complicated machine, with a very high demand. Some parts are going to come out slow, this isnt just GM its all car companies and any business for that fact.

The problem is that we live in a NOW society. I mean you dont realize what it takes to engineer, produce and ship large amounts of stuff. If I were you, just take a deep breath, and contact your dealer on a weekly basis. now if its something that 6 months down the road doesnt show up, then yeah you have a bitch
Old 06-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #33
bulldog

Drives: Acura
i sold cars for a little bit, and customers would want answers on the spot, and sometimes the information wasnt available. I would never make stuff up just to give a response to a customer. I would check with my manager. some managers will give a response just to give a response. Others will do there best to find out. It may be due to how busy things are. Often times dealers dont know...especially salesmen.

I would suggest contacting a customer care number with Chevy. Go over the dealership. You can get different stories from different people because people hear different information or give their best guess just to help meet your needs. Very few people are out there to "scam" you, dealers included. Oversights happen, and sometimes the oversight isnt with the dealer. whenever you take delivery of the vehicle, make sure that it is noted in any paperwork that parts are missing (call it C.Y.A...cover your A@@).

One other thing, keep in touch with the dealer, but dont go in to raise a scene. It is better to stay on their good side. You cant get the same thing accomplished....usually.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #34
Lucky SOB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
My dealer (who might be an idiot) said that the GFX are being redesigned due to the double sided tape not holding up.

so.......... I am waiting for the new, "redesigned" piece to come in..... while driving around in a piece that may fall off at any moment.

guess we shall see

it has been redesigned and implemented on several cars. i'm waiting for my replacement front lip due to this very "double stick tape" problem. just gotta be patient.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #35
scottmoyer

Drives: 1987 Camaro IROC-Z
This site has become so full of whiners!!! Come on guys, lighten up. You are whining over a few dollars. You ordered the parts, they'll come in. Until then, relax. This is a new car, so expect minor glitches, bugs, etc. GM is struggling and so are the suplliers. Be patient and get a plate of cheese to enjoy with the whine!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:50 AM   #36
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
You're only talking about $13 per month. I think you should just be patient and wait for your ground effects. At least you have your car.
Heh $13? if its a 5 year loan hes complaining about $2.68 per month!

That said thats a crappy story to feed you and they should do better than this, but complaining over $2.68 in interest? BFD....
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Old 06-22-2009, 12:11 PM   #37
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
Heh $13? if its a 5 year loan hes complaining about $2.68 per month!

That said thats a crappy story to feed you and they should do better than this, but complaining over $2.68 in interest? BFD....
Exxxxxxxactly. But at least you have your car to drive. Some people still aren't so lucky.....yet.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #38
AhX

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM\IOM
Hawthorne Chevy here in NJ had an IOM RS/SS on the lot that was unsold. It had the Ground effects on the price but none on the car. I tried to buy it without them but they wouldn't budge. Now I see they didn't even have them. that's hilarious that they were insisting on selling them to me and didn't even have them.

I ordered mine from another dealer.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #39
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If you hadn't taken delivery of the car, your payments wouldn't have started, thus NO INTEREST.

Chances are the dealer gave you the choice and you wanted the car RIGHT NOW!

Ask them to call the bank and flat cancel the contract and give them back the car until the GFX arrive. This way you won't pay interest and you can use a skateboard until the parts come in and are on.

I'm sure the dealer gave you a "We OWE" so you already have it in writing.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #40
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmoyer View Post
This site has become so full of whiners!!! Come on guys, lighten up. You are whining over a few dollars. You ordered the parts, they'll come in. Until then, relax. This is a new car, so expect minor glitches, bugs, etc. GM is struggling and so are the suplliers. Be patient and get a plate of cheese to enjoy with the whine!!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #41
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
I would've got it it writing(missing parts to be delivered), otherwise once paid in full, the dealers may not be obligated to fullfill their end of the bargain. Personally, I would've had them deduct the difference(pay parts separately when they arrive), or taken my deposit back and never return there again.
yes i agree..i did not leave my dealer until they wrote me a "WE OWE you XYZ" and they wrote it out and tagged it to my order. I can wait a month it is cool, i am missing my engine cover and GFX as well but have both in writing that they owe me these parts.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:38 PM   #42
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Throw the deal out the window and start over but this time, don't order your Camaro with the GFX or any dealer installed options. That way, when your car arrives 2-4 months from now, you will be completely happy nothing is back-ordered and you won't be paying interest on something that wasn't delivered. Right? What's 4 months? Well worth $3 a month, right? So after 4 months of waiting for your 2nd order, you will be $12 richer!!! That sure makes a lot of sense, right?

Meawhile, 1 of the 100 guys waiting in the wings to take the car from you now would take your place in the happy line.

Goodluck. I hope you get past 1100 in 2 months.

Homer Simpson

Closed Thread