Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
The guy talking about turbocharging (the OP) and the guy talking about gas prices are not the same.
The OP is actually one of my friends, convinced him to buy a Camaro at my house so i guess he posted with my account. He wants a V6, because he does not want to pay for the insurance (18 year old driver).
2014camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #30
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Guys stop saying buy SS, the kid is my friend. Actually, you guys should know that many V6 turbo camaros are capable of getting 20-30 MPG, as said by a user who previously posted on this thread. Also, he does not want an SS, because he says his insurance will be too high. But doesn't insurance get higher when you mod your car? Every time somebody asks for help for V6's half the people post buy an SS. Congrats if you have an SS or ZL1, but seriously an 18 year old not only should not have an SS for various reasons, but simply can not afford one. He said he will be on tonight.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:59 PM   #31
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I traded my 2012 1LT for a 2013 1SS last December. Insurance went up $6 a month. Gas here is about 20 cents a gallon more for 93 vs 87 (less than $4 for a fill up when near empty, but I usually fill up before it gets to 1/4 tank). The additional permagrin is well worth it!
The op lives in so cal. Gas is no less than 4.50 here.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #32
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Buy a 1LT or with the RS package.
The 1LT comes with the mylink touchscreen
Otherwise if your planning on adding everything yourself then just get the 1LS (assuming you want to drive stick) or else to have to get the 2LS if you want auto.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Unless you are going to be racing (on a track)it does not matter if the car is speed limited to 118 or 155, last time I checked there were no speed limits in the country that goes up to either one.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #34
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Unless you are going to be racing (on a track)it does not matter if the car is speed limited to 118 or 155, last time I checked there were no speed limits in the country that goes up to either one.
So it should not be mentioned? I have no intent to drive to the limiter, but would still like to know as much as possible when comparing two trim levels I'm trying to decide between.

And for all we know, he is planning to track it. He's planning on investing in FI, so who knows?
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #35
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014camaro View Post
The OP is actually one of my friends, convinced him to buy a Camaro at my house so i guess he posted with my account. He wants a V6, because he does not want to pay for the insurance (18 year old driver).
Ok, so now you've lost me. You have 2 user accounts, and your friend posted under one of them (molq) and you're posting under another, so???

Or is he posting under multiple usernames in this thread?

And now it sounds like you're saying he can't afford the gas and insurance on a v8, but he wants to turbocharge his v6? I'm sure insurance on that will be cheap.

This suddenly makes a lot less sense.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 02-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
So it should not be mentioned? I have no intent to drive to the limiter, but would still like to know as much as possible when comparing two trim levels I'm trying to decide between.

And for all we know, he is planning to track it. He's planning on investing in FI, so who knows?
Well if he is going to go with FI then it will be tuned anyway so then the limiter will still not be an issue to the decision.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #37
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
...or else to have to get the 2LS if you want auto.
Advising someone to get the 2LS when they're talking about turbos and such doesn't make sense to me, as it's the only auto v6 geared more toward fuel economy vs performance.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #38
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
I'd say, go 1LS if you have a particular vision and want to mod it and make it unique. Otherwise, go at least 1LT/RS as they pack plenty of good features out of the factory.
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #39
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Well if he is going to go with FI then it will be tuned anyway so then the limiter will still not be an issue to the decision.
Agreed. As I said in post #10 above. But his first post seemed to be asking for advice on the two trim levels, so I was just trying to give him info.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #40
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok, so now you've lost me. You have 2 user accounts, and your friend posted under one of them (molq) and you're posting under another, so???

And now it sounds like you're saying he can't afford the gas and insurance on a v8, but he wants to turbocharge his v6? I'm sure insurance on that will be cheap.

I convinced him to buy a Camaro since he is looking for a car, I convinced him by showing him this forum. So he made an account on my laptop right there. And then he made this thread. We talked about what he wants to do on the car and I explained that having mods increases price on insurance, but I don't think it will be higher than an SS. After he accidentally replied with my account because mine was logged in.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #41
2014camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:

And also did you not read my post a couple hours ago, I asked if mods do increase the price of insurance or not. But i figured it out...
Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #42
HeritageLS

Drives: 2012 1LS Camaro (Victory Red)
I had the same dilemma when i got mine. I went with a new 1LS because I knew that I could do the all if the exterior mods to make it look like an RS or lT and it was cheaper. Plus I also never owned a new car and I wanted to know everything about how it was treated. I broke in my car correctly and I have always used the best fluids and changed at the right intervals. I have no regrets with my LS
HeritageLS is offline   Reply With Quote