Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #29
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Very much like the ZL1..however my SS is the Camaro I fell in 'love' with. I plan on keeping it and making it the first of my (hopeful) car collection. When it comes time to buy a 'better' performance car the next step is a Z06.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #30
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Old 12-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #31
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
If I win the lottery I'd get a ZL1. Otherwise I'll keep modding the ones I have. Honestly I'd kind of like to have a 1LE (if I could afford it) and do more mods to it too. But alas, I am barely able to do the megar mods I'm doing to Ruby.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #32
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
I don't get it.

I bought a 2LT/RS because that's what I wanted. Doh! I'm very happy with the v6, good power (improving that just a little bit), great on gas, & she looks bitchin' every single time I see her.

Maybe some should evaluate better prior to "pressing hard, 3 copies". What did you do? Buy your Camaro as an impulse buy? If so, you got way too much cash & should consider some charities to help out... ;-)
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #33
ZL12013

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2005 F150
I checked out a lot of cars before I bought my ZL1, drove a boss and even found a dealer that let me test drive a shelby. The Camaro has a lot more technology in the suspension and overall ride control

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...0/viewall.html

Car and driver did a comparison between the ZL1 and the M6 and they picked the ZL1 as the winner for overall value.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

I'm not wealthy by no means, this was the biggest car purchase I ever made. I also drove a SS, my original plan was a 2SS with 1LE package, the dealership I was at had someone who traded a 2012 ZL1 for a 2013 and they let me take it for a long test drive, I didn't look back after that, it comes down to personal preference, cars are a extension of your personality.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #34
alextop30

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
I See alot of my friends who owns ZL1's on here take "Pride" in their ride and brag about it. You know who you are haha. Some owners on here want to play it (safe) and want their ride to have more MPG. But, if you want HP you got to pay to play.

Are you happy with your SS, LS, & Lt models? Would you consider upgrading to a ZL1 in the near future?
Even though I am happy with my 2 LS Camaro the next car I will buy is the ZL1. I did not but my car for gas mileage, if I wanted something that has great gas mileage I would have grabbed a Toyota Corolla or a Chevy Spark.

To get to the ZL1 I will need a new job that actually utilizes my smarts.
alextop30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #35
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
The smart thing to do is to keep what I have for a long time. My car is plenty fast enough. I bought it loaded with options. It's pretty cool. I actually like the front end of the SS better than the ZL1. It does not make sense for me to trade it for a car that looks pretty much identical. ZL1 has more power, is faster and handles better, but out on the public roads, Im good.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #36
SS ORANGE CRUSH SS

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS RS Convertible
Nooooooo,,,, keeping the SS ,,,,,ZL1 I like the hood ONLY ,,,,next step ZR or 911 Turbo,,,,,SS will be upgraded to SLP 650,,,,,

That's my $20,000 worth. ))))
Old 12-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #37
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Love the ZL1 but not on my shopping list. My SS is paid for and I still love it. I just don't see the $22,000 premium. Now if my salary doubled and aliens abducted my wife I would have a chance on owning one.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
I See alot of my friends who owns ZL1's on here take "Pride" in their ride and brag about it. You know who you are haha. Some owners on here want to play it (safe) and want their ride to have more MPG. But, if you want HP you got to pay to play.

Are you happy with your SS, LS, & Lt models? Would you consider upgrading to a ZL1 in the near future?
No. Way too much money for someone who doesn't street race.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #39
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
If I win the lottery I'd get a ZL1. Otherwise I'll keep modding the ones I have. Honestly I'd kind of like to have a 1LE (if I could afford it) and do more mods to it too. But alas, I am barely able to do the megar mods I'm doing to Ruby.
If I win the lottery, I get a Lambo, not a Camaro
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #40
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
probably could have bought an SS and tore up the road a bit more than my LS but looking back I can say I am very happy.
It is my daily driver and i live in the city . Traffic stinks.
I have a manual so its fun to get from point A to point B about as fast as legally you can before you start drawing attentin too much and i Eat 80% of what eever I sit next to at a light to a point where I don't even bother with it any more.

And I'm not even done modding it out!
As I can, I outfit it, play a bit, but the best time is driving it in those situations.
The day to day driving where the car just spews perfection and people know.

Bad things ...sure theres a few...weight is a problem but lets face it....If you bought one of these cars you already had it in your mind you were going to mod it even ever so slightly.......and I think Chevy knew that when they built this.

Honest opinion......for what it is worth anyway...I think the next Camaro won't have the fan base and dedication this one had.....hell most people think this is a transformer for christ's sake and not a camaro.

I don't care what model you own.........The next time you pull up to a ricer with a soup can attached reving his/her motor just think back to a little heritge. That civic reving and farting will most likely be eaten alive in every aspect that it dares to toss at your car.....stock...
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #41
SirZeusor

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
If I win the lottery, I get a Lambo, not a Camaro

I win the lotto I hire a pilot....
SirZeusor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #42
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:

Any time you are ready to GIVE me a ZL1 I will be glade to take it. I will not get rid of my early production R6P 2LT/RS.